It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its time to move away from the BCS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
last year I posted about this and again I will bring to light the poor handling of the NCAA's attempt to crown a champion at division 1A. Im not taking away from Florida or Oklahoma here and Im a University of Arizona and Ga. Tech grad as well as a UGA supporter so this is just a clear common sense look at the BCS. It stinks to put it mildly! Utah should be crowned champion this year they ran the tables beat a very good SEC team and are the only un-beaten....what more can you say. Its time to do away with the BCS and put a play-off system in place.
:shk:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Sorry, but it won't happen.

What's more, I wouldn't crown Utah the national champion anyway, regardless of their unbeaten record. They beat an overrated Alabama team in the bowl, and I don't think for a minute that Utah would beat Florida, Oklahoma or USC, and maybe not Texas.

Don't get me wrong though, I hate the BCS as much as the next guy, and would love nothing more than to see a playoff system. Hell, I'd settle for a plus one!

It just won't happen though, there's too much money in the BCS.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was actually going to post this tonight. But you beat me to it. It is crazy that it is i think the only college sport that doesn't have a play off. I like you am Tired of teams like Ohio, USC, Oklahoma, and the others. Go through the year without playing teams in the caliber. They have good teams but they don't have to play to their standerds. I you would put them against three SEC teams a year their national standings and the soap box the NCAA puts them on would come crashing down.
Weagle Weagle Weagle War Damn Eagle.
Go Gators. Green BCS Red everybody else

new topics

join