It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange object filmed at israeli checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hi ATS!

I chosed the weaponry thread to post this, because i thought
that this find shows a device/vehicle that belongs to military technology.

I´ve seen this video on youtube while i was searching for some videos about
the current situation in Israel / Gaza strip, to learn more about the history behind the conflict.

The video shows a military checkpoint at 0:17 where you can see a shiny, transparent sphere moving trough the checkpoint. It seems to move on the ground and you can see it moving behind the vehicles and later behind the trees. So its not a lens flare or some kind of camera glitch.

My question is, does anybody know what this sphere might be? Is it
maybe cloak technology? Maybe its nothing, i´m just curios.

youtube

[edit on 6-1-2009 by allMIGHTY]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
That was a little weird. It looked like some sort of plastic ball. I'm sure someone is going to see this and make us look dumb, but I have no real idea.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Looks like the security from "the prisoner"
have no idea what it could be for.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Most likely it is clever computer graphics or a bored Israeli soldier blew up a condom.

Equally, it could be a weather balloon for an artillary unit.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I would assume a surveillance balloon that provides the checkpoint with an Eagle Eye view of all approaching entities.

At the end of the scene you can see the ball through the trees on the right with a military person manipulating it along.

I do not think weather is of concern on a clear day, what they use it for more than likely is to see and monitor their surroundings from high up. I would also assume it has a camera with motion detector, heat sensors etc. all built right in

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Could be their version of getting the ground wind direction .

not a one liner

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ha! I just watched "The Prisoner" and I thought of that as well. It appears to be a lens flare but then goes clearly behing the building. Very odd. Love to hear some expert opinion on this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ha! I just watched "The Prisoner" and I thought of that as well. It appears to be a lens flare but then goes clearly behing the building. Very odd. Love to hear some expert opinion on this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I was gonna say some variation on a weather balloon - a story I read a few weeks ago about a group of ethical hackers flying a weather balloon along the strip in Las Vegas with the intention of counting the unsecured wireless networks.

But then I thought hang on weather balloons are ment to go up, ie lighter than air, that thing is quite happy to stay on the ground

On closer inspection I think I can see a small device inside it, I think it's a nifty all terrain remote control something or other... In side is a wheeled vehicle and when you make it go it will bounce over everything... That's my best guess. If you check the trees in the foreground the wind seems to be a fair breeze in the other direction to the 'thing' travelling, so it's prob not been blown.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Google military weather balloon, that's what it looks like.

Looks pretty darn similar.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It does look just like a weather balloon - it's the bouncing along the ground part that throws it off a bit.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I seem to remember another "weather balloon"....
1947?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This could be proof the Israeli's are using Demonic Technology to subjugate the world

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It looks like an orb, could just be a spirit roaming around, I don't think anything that lucid , up in the air, is a machine. It's probably something supernatural if not photoshopped. Could be a goddamn alien too with some special technology though, but doubt it belongs to us.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looks to me like "BubbleBoy" is helping defend the checkpoint.

It was more transparent than the weather balloons, in my opinion. The all-terrain vehicle idea could be a good possibility. I doubt it's for surveillance, as a UAV would be a more likely candidate for that job.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Having watched the video clip several times, I have come to the conclusion that the object is nothing more mystical than............................

a ZORB!

It is a transparent hollow ball in to which you can be restrained or free, then rolled down a hill, either dry or wet.

It is the latest craze invented in and exported from New Zealand [where else?] and sweeping across the UK.

Good fun - apparently.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It is not uncommon for military to use weather balloons to extend the range of there communications gear.

You just haul up a wire and connect it to the communication antenna.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For some reason when I first saw the orb I started laughing hysterically. Maybe a communications device that is in the balloon or better yet a beacon of some sorts? Why use a balloon when you have a UAV...

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I figured out what the orb was.

It is the same as the one from the TV show "The prisoner".

These things are dangerous....

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I think it's a weather balloon to hold up a small 1 or 2 pound transmitter. some military stuff is microwave communication and it needs to have a direct line of sight to the other communicator. something to do with making it harder to intercept or listen in on. Could be a guy standing behind whatever the bubble disappears behind on the right. they just finished using the device and are just reeling it in. it sorta skitter along the ground as if it's being dragged.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join