It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldozer a wepon of defensive war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Since when has a bulldozer been a weapon of defensive war? Is the operation by the Israelis a defensive war? how can demolishing peoples homes help fighting Hamas? I've heard of at least 8 destroyed mosques how can they justify destroying places of worship?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
because those places of "worship" are were rockets are stored and fired, plans are made to attack israeli citizens and generally do anything but worship there desert ghost.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

A bulldozer is often a tool belonging to an engineering group. Very often an engineering battalion can accomplish enough work in one day that is worth two combat battalions, or a light brigade.

A bulldozer and an engineering battalion can very quickly alter a battlefield, enabling blocking positions, prepared position demolition, prepare fighting positions, and inhibit the ability of an enemy to counter attack.

Of course, often the same can be accomplished with BLU-82 sized and types of weapons, but why make all that noise when some engineers with bullozers can do the same thing.

It's so much easier on the windows in the adjacent blocks.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Agree

Unfortunately mosques are used to hide weapons and ammo, Also another way to shame Israel for destroying them on CNN. Good PR for Hamas.

Bulldozing removes cover from which to fight from.
Yeah you could say it's a defensive option using a bulldozer.

Shame on Hamas for hiding and fighting from Mosques
Shame on Israel for destroying Mosques

No support for either side from this American.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks for your answers, as I've never been in a battle situation I'm not in the know of these types of things and seeing bulldozers moving in was not what I expected

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Bulldozers have been used in warfare as long as they have been with the soldiers. They are used to prepare defensive positions as well as deny the enemy thier positions. Much more precise than High Explosives..dont you think??

Slayer describes the use of the bulldozer exactly correct.

Not everything is on the television/news media for us ..pre digested. Dont get all emotional about what is on television or in the news media. Much of it is designed to put us on the end of the emotional guitar heart string and they can then set the hooks in us. TWANG!!!!
I carry, as standard equipment, a Gerber pocket plier set...to cut the emotional guitar strings whenever I detect them trying to set the hook on me. I'll twang my own guitar heart strings thanks!!

There are no good guys in this fight...none...including the news media. They are all bad guys ....including us. You wont find that line of thought on the television/news media. Also..beware of the underdog dogma...if there are no good guys in this fight and all are bad guys..there are also no underdogs. The news media and politicians will whore your very soul out with this underdog dictum. TWANG!!!!

Another poster was correct...in that weapons are often hidden in mosques. This is standard practice in Islam. This is also well known by people who can think and read further than television guitar heart string twanging standards.

If you go back to the French and muslims in Algeria...the muslims were using women to ship weapons and explosives about towns under thier clothes as they knew convention and respect dictated that women would not be searched as were the men.

Dont let the television/news media do your thinking for you ...
This is one of the things I like about ATS/BTS. There are people here who can think outside the Box...and will often teach you to do this as well.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 4-1-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Is the operation by the Israelis a defensive war? how can demolishing peoples homes help fighting Hamas?

Bulldozers have been used in warfare as long as they have been with the soldiers. They are used to prepare defensive positions as well as deny the enemy their positions. Much more precise than High Explosives..don't you think??

These are peoples homes if I'm not wrong, I've not seen them bulldozing any houses, but this will probably be happening, doesn't the world have set out rules of war? and if they do, why isn't bulldozing peoples home one of them? forgive me if I'm not up to your standards of knowledge or even debating skill, this was just a thought I had when I saw it happening, I'm not trying to use this as any kind of political argument or anything like that I've thanked everyone who's answered and not jumped on anyone, I'm trying to learn not fight, Thanks

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Pockets,

Learning is fighting if you so choose. That is up to you. What some of us dont like is nonsense..particularly political/media nonsense and their oft assumptions that some of us know any history at all or cannot think for ourselves.

My main point is to be cautious about what is presented to you by the media as the moral or high ground....all of the media...even what you see and read here on the web. It too can be controlled for the purpose of twanging your guitar strings.

Indeed these are peoples homes. One problem not often discussed by the media is how do you identify the opposition from the ordinary civilian since they do not wear uniforms identifying them from these other peoples. See the problem now. I think it is kind of difficult to miss who the Israelis are is it not???
THe buldozing of houses has happened before in various conflicts.

Dont worry about our standards..but learn along the way such that you are armed with knowledge the next time you see or hear this stuff through the media.

Once you arer armed with knowledge you choose when, where, or even if you will decide to fight ..the options are now yours...not defaulted over to someone attempting to control you without your even being aware it is happening.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join