It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Inhalers BAnned, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I went in for allergy testing, and the testing put me in the hospital.

The side of my arm where they did mold testing, every single one swelled up over the size of a dollar coin, followed by an asthma attack, and severe cellulitis.

No way will I get the shots when just the test amount did all that! I am not kidding when I say I am allergic to everything. I am about two steps away from being a bubble woman,lol

I know know how you feel. During the spring and summer months I try to stay indoors as much as possible because I'm allergic to pollen and fresh cut grass along with other things.

People tell me all the time that it seems like I am always sick. I must admit that they are right because over the year I spent a lot of time being at home sick when I wasn't away at school.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Have you bothered reading the label and seeing what they replaced the cf's with? ethanol! yeah thats right the new inhalers have ethanol in them! I thought it sounded familiar so I asked my hub. they use ethanol to run the race cars
Sure its not the same kind but thought it was weird none the less.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Have you bothered reading the label and seeing what they replaced the cf's with? ethanol! yeah thats right the new inhalers have ethanol in them! I thought it sounded familiar so I asked my hub. they use ethanol to run the race cars

Ethanol? Alcohol? The recreational drug? In our inhalers? Whatever next.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

In the article, it said that HFC's would replace CFC's. HFC stands for HydroFluoroCarbon. I would continue on with what I was to say but I decided not to.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
Better for the environment, but not as effective for people. Nice.
A lot more people smoke , that use inhalers.
This to me rings of profit for the drug companies.

I smoke, its my choice. I am aware of the risks, if i need an inhaler due to this then it is my own fault. I dont think i would have the right to demand how the inhalers are made, i'd be thankful i could get relief at all from a problem i inflicted upon myself.

The real consiracies are in the Pharmaceutical comanies themselves - they already have you fondly attached to your medication - this thread is proof of that. Synthetic drugs - bet there is a natural version that they have covered up along the way. Any way heres a few alternatives out there:

globalrph.healthology.com...

www.nutraingredients-usa.com...

www.herbal-alternatives-medicine.com...

www.herbal-alternatives-medicine.com...

www.yamoapowder.com...

www.consciouschoice.com...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yup, I just heard this today also. I use primatine

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Current inhalers contain the base drug/chemicals to manufacture Crystal Methamphetamine. And while some of the other newer ones also contain the same or similar base pharm-k, they have some other additive chems to thwart the ease of the illicit productions. Still doesn’t stop production for a real chemist but is enough to confuse the lawmakers and that is what is really important, isn’t it? I mean, the real patients are inconsequential as long as the politicians APPEAR to be doing something.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
2009 my behind! I've been suffering with these new things since 2007/2008.
They cost three times as much, are half the size, and work 1/3 as well. I wasn't happy about the change at all.

The old kind had some 'push' to it when you sprayed the medicine so it would actually get into your lungs. This new kind is so weak you have to suck in hard as you press down. And as those of you who suffer from asthma will know, sudden deep acts of inhaling can trigger an attack or worsen one in progress.

I've had asthma all my life and you can count me in with those who are very unpleased. The article looks slightly different from what I use now but I can't imagine this new thing being any better.

And I just have to laugh at this from the article:

The change may not be palatable to everyone, but asthmatics should take comfort in the fact that their medicine is no longer destroying the ozone layer.

I'm sorry but when I am not able to breathe and my new worthless brand of inhaler is doing nothing to help, the ozone layer is the last thing on my oxygen-deprived mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
Global Warming is not a scam.

CFCs catalytically deplete ozone and are therefore capable of damaging the stratospheric ozone layer, which was, coincidentially, the reason for their banning in the 1980-90s

don't you find it curious how people who rigidly adhere to global warming appear to have absolutely no clue?

maybe a little rehash is in order: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2009.1.1 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is another scam by the Al Gore group,now all the Obama followers will get rich while forcing there grren crap on us,I say scew them all

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Do you know how much of the earth's atmosphere contains carbon emissions? if not it's 0.4%

Did you know that during the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth, the amount of carbon in the atmosphere was drastically higher?

Think about that when you're paying carbon tax (whenever you buy a bus ticket, or buy food in a plastic packet, or get a cab ride, or fly on a plane, or do pretty much anything you are paying carbon tax now)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Are you serious? Do you honestly believe asthma inhalers are contributing to global warming? Pure silliness!

And to find out these new ones are more expensive! Its a scam to make money and all they have to do is claim global warming. That way your terrible to even question their motives. What a crock of cool whip. Think about the folks who will suffer when they can't afford the new ozone friendly inhaler.

Lots of people are making lots of money off this global warming farce in addition to Al Gore.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My daughter is asthmatic and type one diabetic,

the new inhalers DO NOT WORK.

She cannot use products like Advair,

I have watched her puff and puff on the new inhalers trying to get it into her l
pathways,

What do we do?

We have been looking for people with the old inhalers to get her some relief.

How can this actually be that bad for the enviornment?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I also believe all these new asthma inhalers, like Advair are what gave her diabetes.

www.adrugrecall.com...

Advair Warning

An Advair warning was initially made after studies suggested that a medication with the same active ingredient increased a patient's risk of suffering a serious asthma or respiratory related episode or death. In 1996, a study comparing Serevent and a placebo found a small but significant increase in serious life threatening side effects for those taking Serevent. Because this side effect was considered a class effect, an Advair warning was also issued.

Advair and Serevent are both long acting bronchodilators produced by pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline. The active ingredient shared by both is salmeterol, a beta-2 agonist, which is supposed to relax and open the airways. Both of these drugs were approved by the FDA to provide maintenance treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). According to GlaxoSmithKline, over 27 million prescriptions of Advair were sold in 2004 alone.

====
Mod Edit: Large quote snipped, 'ex' tags added.
Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/1/2009 by Badge01]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

because CFCs harm the environment by destroying the ozone layer. HFAs are environmentally friendly.

If you are inhaling it how does this harm the ozone layer?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
Global Warming is not a scam. You should be happy that the inhalers have changed because the new ones are better for the environment. I know for a fact that if the environment around you is clean then you breath better.

Asthma does not discriminate by social class. One of our countries dirtiest little secrets is that there are millions who fall into an income level that is too high to get any assistance with medical costs and too low to afford medical care. That means that people will suffer and some may die because of this nonsense.

I'm betting that these inhalers add so little CFC's to the atmosphere as to be of no significance. This travesty is brought to us compliments of the greed of the pharmaceutical companies combined with the radical extremists, neither of which give a damn about their fellow humans and their potential suffering.

This will NOT HELP the environment. Only a fool would believe that. It WILL HURT innocent people.

When next radical environmental leaders and pharmaceutical company leaders meet on the golf course, they can high five each other for lining their pockets, while they ignore the fact the golf course is doing more damage in a day than the inhalers ever will.

Don't forget to kiss Gore's backside so you can get a free flight on his new jet, eh. Perhaps in the near future he could fly you over the first grave filled by someone who had to choose between food or an inhaler.

I've got to go and thaw my pipes. Since Global Warming started it is much colder and they often freeze. (-20 this morning, 28 degrees below the normal low for this day) Before the warming it never happened. We just had the third coldest summer in 150 years and December just came in as over 3 degrees below normal as has nearly every month for the last three years.

Since Gores right hand at NASA got caught cooking the numbers to support his wild Global Warming theories, I did the numbers myself this time. Just go to NOAA and get the numbers and do a simple average. The first time I did that I found out one of the weather services had added 3 degrees to all their averages in favor of Global Warming. They have since that time corrected it so I guess I'm not the only one who caught them.

Still I may invest in Carbon Credits. Even though it is a scam, Gore made many millions and I could use some of that to pay for inhalers, eh.

Look, all kidding aside, we all want a clean environment. Those of us with this thing called common sense think it can be done without destroying the economy. Those of us with common sense think it can be done without harming innocent people. One need only look at the satellite images to see that the environmentalists complete attention should be on China and yet?

The problem is that hard core pessimists are at the helm of the environmental movement when what we need is optimists for it to be successful. Nearly every environmentalist I know is on medication for Bi-Polar disorders or anger issues. Why is that?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah they want to introduce a tax for cow farts. I think they already did it.
I bet one cow farm produces more than all the inhalers in the world, but cows have been here forever, and the world did not end.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
the inconvience asthma sufferers have is pretty well covered by the posts of MCoG1980 also eaganthon

the marketed drugs in the inhalers are 2nd rate crud that the authorities
substituted for real/actual drugs that work ... because the doper chemists in the world used your medication compounds for refining into 'Meth'

they dope police then removed the effective chemical compounds
from the universe of availability for the clandestine meth lab A-holes...
& a 'big-tough-luck' to all the legitimate asthma sufferers.

I don't know if the product is still available on the market---
it was once branded as 'Asthma dor' an inhalent that was based on the natural plant Belladonna... one can tolerate it or not !

hope that leads to other sources than the crud the FDA allows youse to buy

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This will NOT HELP the environment. Only a fool would believe that. It WILL HURT innocent people.

I agree with you completely. This situation is atrocious. My daughter was forced to switch to the new inhalers, and they have not controlled her Asthma. She's had to go to the emergency room several times because of severe attacks.
Al Gore and his stooges are absolute criminals, and as several posters said, they could care less about the harm they are doing with this scam that they have perpetrated on all of us.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah. Let's hold back technology so we all have to drive around in petrol and diesel vehicles, and complain about the asthma sufferers ruining the planet.

Same as how the carbon monoxide from the bloke's cigarette across the road will kill you, but the tonnes of it being generated between you by the vehicles on the road is ok.

If "global warming" is a reality, the elite don't seem to bothered by it. In fact, it seems they would rather make a buck of it, and let the planet be destroyed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join