It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes Still Swarm Yellowstone Supervolcano Caldera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

www.usnews.com

December 31, 2008 09:07 AM ET | James Pethokoukis | Permanent Link | Print

Earthquakes. Supervolcanoes. Calderas. The End of Civilization. Not the usual subject matter of this blog, but I go where the news takes me. I just checked the last data from the University of Utah's seismograph station in Yellowstone. The earthquake swarm seems to have reintenstifieda bit over the past 24 hours. During Dec. 27 and 28, there was a swarm of earthquakes under Yellowstone in the 3.0-3.9 range. Activity then dropped off to quakes less than 2.0 on the Richter magnitude scale. But now we are again seeing quakes above 2.0 and even a 3.5 shaker earlier this morning. Again, the University of Utah puts this all in perspective:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is only one article more are popping up on Google apparently people in this field are concerned about the activity at Yellowstone.

I would like this thread to be a search and find. When people find new articles about Yellowstone post them here. The current thread about whats going on at Yellowstone has gotten massive.

News only please. Comments on Yellowstone can go on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.usnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
More news regarding Yellowstone.

When Scientist are alarmed it starts to worry me.

Scientists observe unusual flurry of Yellowstone earthquakes over several days

www.caymanmama.com...

Helena, Montana (CaymanMama.com) — Scientists are alarmed and concerned after the majestic Yellowstone National Park was shaken up by a flurry of small earthquakes for a third straight day Monday. They will continue to closely observe the park to find out whether the over 250 tremors was an indicator of something bigger on the horizon.

Groups of miniature earthquakes are a frequent occurrence in Yellowstone, but it’s extremely unusual for so many earthquakes to happen over several days, said Robert Smith, a professor of geophysics at the University of Utah.

“They’re certainly not normal,” Smith said. “We haven’t had earthquakes in this energy or extent in many years.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Google Search shows articles are popping up all over the world.

Take a look for yourselves.

news.google.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to read many of the articles yet, but do any of them mention gravitational influences?

Just wondering cos I have always thought if the moon, the earth and the sun 'line' up right then it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. It's said that this period right now is when the earth is at is maximum gravitational stress because right now is where we are being pulled back in for another swing around the sun... Kinda like if the sun let go of us right now we would be flinging off in to space in this direction... I know that's not a perfect analogy

After all the boxing day tsunami was attributed by some to this.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Perhaps WEB BOT was only off a couple of weeks.
Remember - the big one that is supposed to rip apart America?
hmmmm .... dunno. Could be.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Perhaps WEB BOT was only off a couple of weeks.
Remember - the big one that is supposed to rip apart America?
hmmmm .... dunno. Could be.

I know I was think the same thing.

I posted on the Yellowstone thread about the web bot words and they fit pretty well.

Glup!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Volcano just erupted in Russia.

Here is the news link.

www.nationalledger.com...

It would be an American disaster scenario but Yellowstone National Park is long overdue for a monster eruption that could leave as much as half the U.S. under a blanket of ash. In Russia, as the new year closes in, the Koryakski volcano to the far east of Russia has started to erupt emitting ash which could threaten local populations.

While the Yellowstone volcano eruption is not immanent, in Russia thee is concerns. The BBC has video here and reports, "Russia's Koryakski volcano on the eastern Kamchatka Peninsula has erupted sending ash 6,000 metres (20,000 feet) into the air, according to the local geophysics service."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

A minor earthquake occurred at 0:54:48 AM (CST) on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 .
The magnitude 3.2 event occurred 368 km (229 miles) NNE (27 degrees) of Irondequoit, NY .
The hypocentral depth is 7 km ( 4 miles).

Earthquakes in New York are almost unheard of.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

top topics

join