It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Official Blasted for Distributing Obama 'Magic Negro' CD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

GOP Official Blasted for Distributing Obama 'Magic Negro' CD

www.foxnews.com

The chairman of the Republican National Committee said Saturday he was "shocked and appalled" that one of his potential successors had sent committee members a CD this Christmas featuring a 2007 parody song called "Barack the Magic Negro..."

...Shanklin's parody is sung to the music of "Puff, the Magic Dragon." Among other Shanklin tunes on the 41-track CD that Saltsman sent with a Christmas message: "I Can Talk Like a Coal Miner's Daughter," "Love Client #9" and "Down on the Farm with Al...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.examiner.com

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Let me get point A out of the way. If the whole song goes like this, it's hilarious. Al Sharpton sings something like this
“made guilty whites feel good/They’ll vote for him and not for me/Cause he’s not from the ’hood.”

But let's put that out of the way for a moment. Is Chip Saltsman serious? YOU CANNOT DO THIS in todays politically correct "sissy state" climate. This seems almost like calculated destruction of the GOP in order to make the USA a one party nation, and that would be worse than the current two party farce. Even Rush Limbaugh should know better, because although his show is actually more childish and inane than the Opie and Anthony show, morons actually take him seriously while Opie and Anthony fans are well aware of their own stupidity.

I think it's intentional myself, but I'm paranoid. I can't help but think that in twenty years "Republican" will have just as much meaning as "Green," or "Libertarian."

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Racism in the GOP?

Now that really is a surprise!

Who would have ever thought that racists could exist in these times, especially within our beloved republican party?

Shocking.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I want a copy of that cd.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So when can I get my "Magic Blanco" CD?

Who would be the Magic Blanco?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Racism in the GOP?

Now that really is a surprise!

Who would have ever thought that racists could exist in these times, especially within our beloved republican party?

Shocking.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Walkswithfish]

Yes rasicm, that evil which is evil above all other evils. More evil than making fun of fat, ugly, old, badly dressed or mentally deficient or plain stupid people.

Let's stop calling everything racism shall we? racism is discrimination, making fun of someone because of how they use their race to win elections is not racism.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Lazyninja]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Let's stop calling everything racism shall we? racism is discrimination, making fun of someone because of how they use their race to win elections is not racism.

Like John McCain didn't know he was getting the "lily white" vote? Obama no more used his race than McCain did. The difference is Obama won. The sore losers attribute that to reverse racism.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Originally posted by Lazyninja

Like John McCain didn't know he was getting the "lily white" vote? Obama no more used his race than McCain did. The difference is Obama won. The sore losers attribute that to reverse racism.

No not really, I don't even live in America and have no political affiliation, if I would vote I would likely vote green
But if Obama was a white man he would not be president.

But my original point, is that throwing around the word racist, just because you criticize someone who happens to be black is pretty offensive. Single black people should not be above criticism because their race is afforded a kind of guilt induced protection by white people.

There are plenty of people who are made fun of on that cd, and the only one people seem to care about is Obama.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

I have a link to the video of the song.

I am not sure if it will be allowed to be inbedded in a post-it may be considered against TAC.

I only ask to be allowed to post a link to it, so that we all may know what the song/video says shows.

If we can not, how can we make an educated comment about it?
Obama Song

If the link must be removed, everyone just google "Obama song".

[edit on 12/29/2008 by mrmonsoon]

new topics

top topics

join