It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: The Ruthenians Declare Independence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Ukraine: The Ruthenians Declare Independence

www.stratfor.com

The Ruthenians, a small ethnic group living in the Carpathian Mountains, asked Russia on Dec. 23 to recognize their independence from Ukraine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is from a public article from Stratfor. If you want more details about this, sign up for their e-mail alerts. But, I must warn you, A LOT happens in the world that Startfor knows and no other media source knows about until much later.

For example: I knew about the India attacks an entire day before CNN said anything about it.

Stratfor runs an article on everything that happens, so you will get plenty of emails from them if you sign up.

Wonder why CNN has not said anything about this almost new country... yet?

www.stratfor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody

Not good.

Further signs of Russia trying to rebuild the Russian Empire.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Further signs of Russia trying to rebuild the Russian Empire.

Ofcourse, because the people who asked for independence obviously have no sense of self.

[edit on 24/12/08 by YourForever]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And I am sure they were not threatened/Influenced by Russia???

I have been calling this for months now, and bit by bit I am being proven correct.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobody

This is from a public article from Stratfor. If you want more details about this, sign up for their e-mail alerts. But, I must warn you, A LOT happens in the world that Startfor knows and no other media source knows about until much later.

For example: I knew about the India attacks an entire day before CNN said anything about it.

I also get Stratfor and TBH, less that a tenth of the predictions they give come true. BUT > that is 100 times more than anyone else

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What the heck does this have to do with Russia and what's with people talking about the Russian Empire? Do you even know who Ruthenians are? Russia has nothing to do with Ruithenians, and will not recognize anything.

These Ruthenians have little if anything to do with Russia, and Russia never even considered their independence or any sort of relations with them. This is a very small and obscure group that decided to capitalize on Ukraine's financial and poltical crisis. No one, including Russia, is taking them seriously, and no one will recognize their independence. They might have as well appealed to Poland for recognition, since they are ethnically closer to Poles than to Russians.

"Rebuilding the Russian Empire" has absolutely nothing to do with this. Try again.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think one of the bigger issues is the fact that the area they are asking for is spread over three different countries; therefore, if they want a new independent state, then it'll effect the Romania, Slovakia, and the Ukraine national boundaries.

As an aside, what also makes me worry slightly about this is the issue of water. Without consulting a proper map (as of writing) I see that Carpathians provide the source of water for the Danube, Prut, and the Dneister Rivers.

Controlling that, and perhaps having the ability to charge for it's use, would have disastrous effects on all four nations.

On a positive note, they'd have an awesome Winter Olympics Skiing team.

new topics

top topics

join