It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recieved an odd email just now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I just got this very odd email that at first glance is spam for some stock although that's wierd in itself. Then I started reading the rest of the email and was very confused. It's probably nothing but it reminds me of that movie where a code was put out to the general public to test its security and 1 kid could desipher it.

Here is the email-

The Company to be in for 09
This is a small cap winner with over 500% in short term profit potential
Introducing African Diamond Co
Symbol: AFDM
Current: $.25
Target : $1.25 +
Energy prices have bottomed and this company's value has held its own.
Now at the bottom we recommend getting into AFDM,
Get in AFDM and ride the profits, don't wait get in NOW

Bone fractures and bruises were the most common complaint, said Patrick Hynes,
chief of the airport division of the Denver Fire Department.
The event takes place in a public park in eastern Baghdad, ringed with security
checkpoints. Interior Ministry forces deployed on surrounding rooftops peer down
at the scene: a Christmas tree decorated with ornaments and tinsel; a
red-costumed Santa Claus waving to the crowd, an Iraqi flag draped over his
shoulders; a red-and-black-uniformed military band playing stirring martial
music, not Christmas carols.
The $6.4 million in remaining debt is owed to a total of 16 creditors.
But the lack of a cause of death and the absence of any soft tissue on the toddler's skeletal
remains poses a challenge for prosecutors, forensic expert Lawrence Kobilinsky
-- a consultant for Casey Anthony's defense -- told King.
The $6.4 million in remaining debt is owed to a total of 16 creditors.
Planes resumed takeoffs and landings at the airport after the incident, although
Day said a section of the airport will remain closed into Sunday. She suggested
passengers call ahead for Sunday departure times since many flights may be
delayed.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Who is it from?
Got an address?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam....

...and now electronic spam.

Don't worry.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I don't know anything about the African Diamond Co, but the other stuff is just current news headlines strung together.

Maybe a bad copy and paste job?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's anti anti-spam. Just an attempt to get around spam filters by including a lot of non-spammy stuff.

Apparently, it worked.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Company to be in for 09
This is a small cap winner with over 500% in short term profit potential
Introducing African Diamond Co
Symbol: AFDM
Current: $.25
Target : $1.25 +
Energy prices have bottomed and this company's value has held its own.
Now at the bottom we recommend getting into AFDM,
Get in AFDM and ride the profits, don't wait get in NOW

Pump and Dump stock scam.

They buy a large number of shares and then use the internet to pump the stock price well above where it should be.(pump)

then they sell the stock at a high before anyone elce finds out it is over rated.(dump)

www.sec.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...
stocks.about.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Its just another mail scam from Africa, But I found some information on the company, that if it's the same, is actually legit.

AFRICAN DIAMOND CO Last Trade: 0.27

finance.yahoo.com...

This is the link to a comprehensive database of internet scams,

scamletters.com...

[edit on 22-12-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This company is not legit. before they were African Diamond Company they were Redhand International. The operations consisted of one pool hall/restraunt. Now there sole business seems to be some minerals rights they sold to some 3 landowners for something like $500 + 6%. The guy who runs it gets paid $100,000, which will have to be in stock as they have no cash, which he will then dump on the market. They will repeat this a few times until they no longer have any market for the stock. Then they will form another company with another sucker name, merge with this one, add some equity which hasn't been diluted yet, in the process wiping out anyone who owned the original stock. then they issue themselves all the shares in the world before there is again no market for the stock.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Quite a few folks have gotten filthy rich doing this in America and they very rarely ever get shut down or prosecuted. That is why you can never ever buy a pink sheet(.pk) or over counter stock(OTC) stock. there is a good chance they are just a fraud.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The company I used to work for used to receive those emails all the time. Pretty much verbatim. Random stock information, random general info, etc. They are relatively weird, but still run of the mill spam. Each email was from a different address, same crap. Let me guess the email also had a odd colored background. Don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wasn't too worried and no odd color background although I didn't open it in outlook.

Bruce Head was the email that it came from.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The problem is that they are actually legit and allow to be part of the markets.

This site offers information on other people having problems with their solicitation E-mails.

www.equitygroups.com...

I believe before this new company came to be it was another one doing the same called, CMKX, it was supposed to be North Americans African diamond mine.

For more information on the African Diamonds scams here is another link,

Internet African Diamond Scam Alert!

www.diamonds.net...

As I dig more into the scam it seems that while they are allowed to sell their stocks its been advised no to buy.

I would not trust anything that have Africa on it this days.

top topics

join