It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to oobe in a dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Okay this happened a few nights ago and I keep thinking about it, and it happened again last night..

But the first time, I was laying on my side and I got the whole paralysis thing, and strangely enough the past few nights i'd be getting sleep paralysis a lot for some reason. Anyways, I started getting huge ringing in my ears, and buzzing, and it looked like I was looking out of a porthole, through my eyes, and i started floating up on my side, so looking at my wall as if i was still on my side, and floated up towards my ceiling, I could see my window and such, but then it ended, and i fell back down.

Now the weird part is, after this happened, it went right into a dream, of me trying to explain to my family this oobe i just had, and then other things happened in the dream, we got in a lot of arguments.

I've almost oobed before so I know what it's suppsoed to feel like, but when this happened i never got the full body buzz.

Then last night, the same thing, except this is where i think i was dreaming because it happened where something i think woke me up, so i was falling back asleep and then the ringing really loud just starts, and its like an almost painful ring its so loud, and if i squinted my eyes shut really hard there was this blue circle in my vision.

So I'm wondering then if it's possible to dream an oobe, or was this real but then I just got too relaxed, fell asleep and then my mind just made up this dream.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I get that paralysis thing -it turns out it's sleep apnea. Since your body is both suffocating and asleep, you kind of wake up to the choking, but aren't completely awake. Odd things would happen to me during the attacks especially when in a deep sleep.

For the longest time I would try to scream and the like -because some things I was dreaming, but awake enough to think they were real, were very scary. Eventually I would wake myself up by gaining control of my breathing, and holding my breath.

Now that I sleep with an Australian Shepherd, he'll wake me up by hitting me with his paw or licking me, when I experience an episode.

Not to thread jack you, but do you have the symptoms/been tested for sleep apnea? It might be something that simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
One time my girlfriend and I were staying at her Father's house, we were sleeping on the couch in his basement.

I was having a really weird dream (about ATS actually) but I went into a sleep-paralysis state, and then I felt myself being "pulled" out of my body. After I was pulled out of my body I was very disoriented, but I could "sense' that there was something else in the room besides my girlfriend and I.

Needless to say, I was actually attacked by some kind of spirit in the astral plane.

I have heard that everyone actually leaves there bodies at night while sleeping, but the mind is asleep and you are unconscious, so naturally you don't remember.

Here is a good website:

www.astralvoyage.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Through my life time of dream-like experiences, I cannot see why dreaming of an oobe would not be a possibility.

If you are already aware that you are currently having genuine oobe's then this stands to reason that you may be dreaming of them too.

I can't think of any reason as to why this would not be the case. We all experience 'real life' events in our dreams, so why not also dream like states within dreams, or at least, the impression of a dream.

What may be a dream might actually be a real event... hard to discern when you're in such a state. Only the dreamer can really tell what's happened.

Hopefully, over time, you'll be able to pinpoint more accurately exactly what's happening.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes it's possible, but it doesn't count! It's your dream!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well i have always believed in the philosohy of the other world...i have been experiencing the tranover....at times when i go off to sleep..i reach a stange in while dreaming where i can feel tht i hav entered an entirely diff. wor;d and in order to get back to my body n wake up i hav to make a lot of errort....else i know it wont be possible...n when i wake up am really tired...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Looks like Mind Control to me. Somebody is putting these images and sounds into your brain. They may even induce you to dream or give you an out of body experience. All this can be done through the satellite and the US govt could be behind it ! Who else?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I've had the same experience since I was a child. It occurs now and then and is directly related to the amount of sleep I get and the quality of that sleep. As a kid I thought it was oobe. As I got older, there were times when I genuinely felt I was under attack by something hostile. I even felt at times, that somehow I was fighting for my soul! There is a deep and profound fear we can experience...animal terror. I fought back and would wake soaking with sweat, out of breath and heart pounding.

Nevertheless, I'm a rational guy. I read up on it. I matched my experiences and symptoms with those of others. I studied sleeping disorders. I realised that I was experiencing 'night terrors' as a result of sleep paralysis induced by lack of quality sleep. That this is true is testable. As I've grown older, I'm more in step with my sleeping rhythm. I sleep when I need to and I wake early each day. The amount of times I have the 'night terrors' has fallen dramatically. Other ways to prevent them is to avoid going to sleep on your back (no idea why!), avoid coffee etc before bed. When I know I'm going to have one of those nights, I have strategies to minimise them.

It's not oobe or astral travel, it's more likely something as mundane as mild sleeping disorder from lack of quality sleep.

A UK Doctor is conducting a study to determine if OOBEs are real in Near Death Experiences Cardiac Arrest and the Mystery of Consciousness

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you had an OBE, but lost clarity/lucidity and you fell into a dream.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There's different types of out of body experiences but this is just my classifying system.

Lucid dreaming or controlling your self within a dream, I had a guy call "inner projection" Let's say you floating up out of your bed and landing was an "out of body experience". Going into space would be "astral projection". And i know of one person who does "interdemensional projection"

This is just how i view them, classify how you want. also you can type into a search engine "types of astral projection"

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Good posts in this thread! I've often wondered if some of my paralysis and 'exiting the body' sensations weren't actually apneatic in origin. The 'vibrational buzz' that I've felt could be consistent with loss of consciousness.

That's not to say that the OoBE is not some controlled combination of paralysis/apnea/conscious desire to 'astral travel'.

Your post caught my eye though, because it's something I've mentioned here quite a bit lately.

I'm calling this 'my' theory, until I see it having been mentioned elsewhere - but I think that one can travel out of body and dream simultaneously. Rather like sleepwalking. Sleepwalkers often explain scenarios and interactions they perceived while walking around. They see a 'version' of their 'actual' invironment, with elements from their dream world mixed in.

I used to think that my flying dreams were just dreams. For example, I could visit a specific location, but know I wasn't really 'there' because there would be random items strewn about. Now I believe that the random items are hallucinatory parts that my mind adds because I'm not entirely 'lucid'.

As I research this stuff, I'm coming to the conclusion that very few of our dreams are completely 'inward' or 'solitary' experiences. The notion that this dreamworld is an actual 'place' that we can visit appeals to me more and more. I think that some of the experience is influenced by our link to the 'collective consciousness'.

top topics

join