It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's the deal with this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This has probably been posted here, but no luck with ATS searches. Hell EVERYTHING's been posted here at one time or another.

Pretty strange, but worth a look.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes it has been posted on here before, wish someone could find the original video, if you ca than you are part of the CIA or something beause I never have been able to find it.

There is an ok reproduction of the original video, I don't like i though cause it's a load of crap, it looks like it was made in the 90's because they try to stress interacial relationships lol, cause the teenage girl brings home a black man (gasp, lol). Yeah the remake is the only thing that comes close to finding the whole vido, the fact that you can't find the original adds to it's authinticity or me, oh, also in the remake they are celebraing thanksgiving, not a birthday, taping a birthday makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than taping a thanksgiving meal, they should have stuck with the original vids story line.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes it has been posted on here before, wish someone could find the original video, if you ca than you are part of the CIA or something beause I never have been able to find it.

There is an ok reproduction of the original video, I don't like i though cause it's a load of crap, it looks like it was made in the 90's because they try to stress interacial relationships lol, cause the teenage girl brings home a black man (gasp, lol). Yeah the remake is the only thing that comes close to finding the whole vido, the fact that you can't find the original adds to it's authinticity or me, oh, also in the remake they are celebraing thanksgiving, not a birthday, taping a birthday makes a heck of a lot more sense to me than taping a thanksgiving meal, they should have stuck with the original vids story line.

-Lahara

Ya I have the thanksgiving one, was there ever a name coined or associated with this original video?

If so I can look for it as I have several places that may contain the video but I would need a name for a starting point.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The "video" is from the "McPhersons" and has been discussed innumerable times on the boards... debunked, mostly.

McPhersons discussions on ATS

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
totally fake and it is a movie...

www.imdb.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it did freak me out the first time i seen it though...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, that's why I'm posting em, wanna know the scoop when I have no luck turning up any search results. Thanks! 12, wanna shut er down, let er rip.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I think it's called the Lake County Incident.

easynow, you ar probably thinking of the movie that has the thanksgiving scene, THAT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL, that is a reproduction of the original.

Nobody knows where the original went, but i heard the CIA took it and nobody an get it now.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Darthorious

I think it's called the Lake County Incident.

eXactly as easynow has "pointed" out via the IMDB link. (?)

"Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County (1998) (TV) "

Nobody knows where the original went, but i heard the CIA took it and nobody an get it now.

"The Original" would seem to have found it's place on the cutting room floor... (?)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

No, I've seen the movie version in my hopless search in finding the original.
Watch the clip in the OP, see howit's different than the movie version below?

Google Video Link

You see the people, place, aliens, everything is different and thy are trying to stress an issue in the beginning that was'nt even a real issue (interracial relationships) complete crap, but in the original video, which we only have bits a pieces of, it's completely different, the "acting" is freakin' incredible, it does not sound scripted AT ALL.

So I hope you see my point, there's a big difference between the two videos.

You can't find the original.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Mcf***ingphersons again,

The credits at the end of this movie are a bit of a clue that the whole thing was a fake, the bigger clue is hour and twenty minutes before the credits.

Frikkin awful movie.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

See my post the the mod, there's a lot more to the OP than what one first thinks, the mystery is why hasn't the original footage shown up, why can't it be found? I'm of course talking about the footage in the OP clip from whatever show that was, I think someone should figure what that show is and track down the footage.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

easynow, you ar probably thinking of the movie that has the thanksgiving scene, THAT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL, that is a reproduction of the original.

well maybe i have not seen the original if there is actually an original ?

i will say that if this so called original was filmed just like the one in the Op ,then i would bet it is a fake. nobody is going to go around the house with a camcorder while people are disappearing and getting killed.

you do know that when they produce a movie they usually have different versions of it ? this original your talking about is probably just a different take and it may have disappeared because there was something in it that people could easily see it was a hoax ?

who knows but until i see the missing one i am going to say the whole thing is a fraud. sorry

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It would be nice if there is more to the footage than a viral marketing ploy, but I am kinda skeptical on this one.

I agree that it is worthwhile tracking down the show, since the footage shown isn't actually from the Mcpherson Incident movie.

It doesn't make much sense that there would be so many different versions of the same story and perhaps the two movies were in fact adaptations of a real incident and footage, but again I am skeptical that this will turn out to be anything other than a viral marketing ploy.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

umm No Random the CIA doesnt have te original infact you can find it online.

The original IS a movie,the Lake County one was just a emake of the original which was also a movie and both were done by the same production team.

They were both just mvie dramatizations of an alien abduction

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Show me proof.

Plus i hear youre a troll and that you disappear when people ask you forproof that should be easy to find.

I searched and searched and have not been able to find the original, I'd be glad to admit I'm wrong though if it can be proven.

-Lahara

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

haha here he is yet again ats' biggest tosser analfc.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by NavalFC

Show me proof.

Plus i hear youre a troll and that you disappear when people ask you forproof that should be easy to find.

I searched and searched and have not been able to find the original, I'd be glad to admit I'm wrong though if it can be proven.

-Lahara

You will be interested to see my update on this story that I posted yesterday. It seems the case is still going on, well at least in Japan. Please check my thread for some news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Right, I'm confused.

Was that YT linked video supposed to show original footage of the encounter?
Because that is blatantly dramatized.

I'd love to see the original footage. If it exists.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Show me proof.

Here's the proof...in the creator, Dean Alioto's, own words.

I came up with the idea of making the most realistic movie on UFO abduction ever made. The best part of the idea was that it could be done for my miniscule budget. I wrote an outline of twenty action beats based on the claimed abduction experience. I hired a group of skilled improve actors, except for myself who played the 16 year old shooting the video, and shot the direct-to-video movie in one night, in one continuous take, on 8mm video...

....Five years later, 1994, I begin getting calls from Unsolved Mysteries, Hard Copy, and a show called Encounters. They all want to know if I knew who had found some mysterious UFO tape that had been passed around the UFO community for the past five years. The tape, without a title or credits, was believed by many people to be real footage of an alien abduction...Apparently, someone...had made an edited bootleg copy of my video and injected it into the UFO community...

In 1995 I got hired to direct on a crime reenactment series called US Customs: Classified. There, I became friends with Paul Chitlik, the head writer...he told me he could get us a made-for-TV movie deal with the video...a week later we had a deal at Dick Clark to remake my little first feature. A year and a half later of turn-around nightmares at Showtime we ended up at UPN.

There you go.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Was that YT linked video supposed to show original footage of the encounter?

No. Both movies, the original and the re-make are fictional. There is nothing real about them. This has been debunked repeatedly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join