It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Multi-Colored Light Patterns in Sky Over Reno, Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This now makes Stephenville, Glen Rose, Dublin, Oswego, Kokomo and NOW RENO!

Link to the Earthfiles.com article about a newly witnessed event in the skies of reno. Thankfully linda Moulton Howes reputation reaches far and wide which helps keep track of all the events.

MODS: heres to hoping i can construct a better thread.

im simply providing the article which seems to be free to the public at this time. usually im asked to sign in to read articles but she seems to open a few here and there. check the link and give it 10 min of your time.

*notice this time we have a reference point in the images, a 'still' shot of a star PLUS the multi-colored object/light*

“I finally photographed the mysterious light with my digital camera and was surprised to see colored light patterns similar to the ones that were taken in Stephenville, Texas, during the mass sighting events in January 2008.” – Reno, Nevada, Resident

link

December 19, 2008 Reno, Nevada - The morning after my December 17, 2008, three hour news broadcast on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, I received the following email from a Reno, Nevada, resident along with several photographs she had taken on December 10, 2008, after 9 PM Pacific over the Washoe Valley south of Reno. Her photographs are very similar to the videotape by David Caron near the Stephenville, Texas, Airport on January 19, 2008. See hot links to other Earthfiles reports in More Information.

What are these multi-colored light patterns on video and still cameras? The Caron video (hot link after Reno images) shows an out-of-focus, disc-shaped object hovering in the sky from which the multi-colored patterns begin projecting outward for several minutes, changing shape every one-half second on the 30-frames-per-second videotape. Some dismissed the Caron videotape as an electronic glitch in his digital video camera. But the other multi-colored light patterns in the variety of geographical regions have all been photographed with digital still cameras. The Reno, Nevada, resident says in her email below, “I do know the light was there for several days before I photographed it.”

EMAIL FROM THE RESIDENT:

“Subject: Object Over Reno
Date: December 18, 2008
To: [email protected]

Hello Linda,

I love your work and I thought that I would share this info with you to see if you might be interested. The photos were taken Dec. 10th, 2008, Wednesday night, and it was after 9:00 p.m. My daughter helped with this as she had just come back from visiting her boyfriend and saw me hanging off the second floor balcony. This angle looks southeast over the Washoe Valley. I haven't taken time to travel around the valley to see if the angle changes, too busy for Christmas. I do know the light was there for several days before I photographed it. The clouds are up and I can't tell if it's around now. But I can say the last time the night sky was clear, it was still there.

My daughter and I had noticed a rather bright light over the Reno valley for several days. Thinking it may be a star we fairly ignored it until we noticed that it seemed to have different colors showing, but it was still hard to see.

I finally photographed the mysterious light with my digital camera and was surprised to see colored light patterns similar to the ones that were taken in Stephenville, Texas during the mass sighting events in January 2008.

I will attach the photos. I did take several shots and I also took shots of stars in the distance to judge if I were jiggling my camera around. That was not the case. The stars in the shots are just bright spots, but the object in question was squiggling all over the place.

Last time I looked out the window this thing was still sitting over the valley. I cannot determine how far up it is though.

Thanks for your time. ENC: 8 attachments ”

8 Digital images in sequence
December 10, 2008, 9 PM Pacific, over Washoe Valley South of Reno, Nevada

Earthfiles did not enlarge any image, but cropped around multiple light patterns where there was a lot of black sky so the image of the pattern itself would be as large as possible without Photoshop enlargement. All images © 2008 by Reno resident.

[edit on 12/19/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Found some like that I saved on this page.

I might be the photographer moving the camera.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

hehe, looks an awful lot like Apple's "Flurry" screensaver...

i dunno, that's just what it immediately reminded me of...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

to show images in your post as opposed to linking to images, you put the image link between IM tags. Check my screenshot below:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

OFF Topic Post
I really like your banner.
I would love to use it too.
Any chance?

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

yes, the COLORS look a lot like flurry.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

you know good and well that does'nt look anything like what you have on your page.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don't report my UFO sightings because nothing is ever done to investigate them...But I live in downtown Reno and saw something similar about 3 weeks ago. It looked like a collection of bright balloons..Yellow, green, and blue..Then it became one big orange bubble, I turned away to grab my camera but when I turned back around 3 seconds later the object was nowhere to be seen.

That's all I got.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

its all good man, if you nobody is reporting them now dont fret. in fact i would say stay stern in the hopes that some day people will find reno a hotspot, you can say you knew all along, that HAS to count for something.

keep your own investigation going. get a small note pad and write down day and times. try and get some pics stored up on your harddrive.

Ill be down in reno for the best of the west rib cook off, see you then (september 2009)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Reminds me of this thread:

Colored symbols in the sky above las vegas

I work at Pure Nightclub in Las Vegas as a bartender... I was working on the patio this sunday and about 12:30am I glanced up above me and saw about 10-15 symbols in varying primary colors above me in an oval/soft square shape... I, fearing I was just overtired, and delerious asked my barback if he could see it as well. He looked up and stopped dead.."what is that??"...every customer that came up, we asked... they agreed they saw it and again had no explanation of what it was.. At one point literally everyone, roughly 500+ people were glancing upward, and puzzled. There were no light source below to cause any kind of light, and the symbols were so distinct, and unlike anything i'd ever seen. The light appeared to be coming from above. There were no light trails, and it was as clear as day, almost like neon, but a little fuzzier.
For 20 minutes, we watched it, not moving... eventually the light began to fade, as if it were simply going upward. The brighter symbols were still visible, but considerably lighter, and smaller....
then it was gone.

or

D4rk Kn1ght anyone?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Not all of them, its a group picture, the night ones have a black background.
Some of yours are a single light, the rest is attributed to camera movements.
A light in the night sky is what I have in the non daylight photos.

You may enjoy the daylight ones but I have no answers for those either.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
Reminds me of this thread:

or

D4rk Kn1ght anyone?

I used a partial quote.
How long does he expect to remain in contact with ATS?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that this event as well as the lights in ohio now, will be addressed by Linda Moulton Howe on Coast to Coast this thursday..
starts at about 10:30pm pacific time.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
MORE strange light patterns in wisconsin

content from an external source:
One of 91 digital images of a bright, multi-colored light that cast
changing patterns in night sky over the Plum City, Wisconsin, rural home
of a retired businessman on February 14, 2009. He has taken more than 100 images
of the light and its multi-colored patterns that has reappeared near his home. Earthfiles has
received similar images since January 2008 from Stephenville, Texas; Kokomo, Indiana;
Oswego, Illinois; Empire, Ohio; and Reno, Nevada.

earthfiles

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Looks like somebody took this with a bit of an unsteady hand. The various colours though may well point to the light being a ufo orb pulsating.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
an additional account has just been reported now in OREGON>

with photos.

earthfiles

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

check out the last link to a pic at the bottom of the OP. there are CLEARLY stars in the background that do not move and in the middle is a squiggly multi colored light source..

also, remember that these people are 'noticing' a weird shaped light pattern in the sky to begin with, so its going to look like a shaky camera. that is just the nature of this phenomeno it just so happens to coincide with shaky camera syndrome.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Very interesting thing, for sure. Suggestions for what they could mean...?

I have my theories, however.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

who KNOWS what this could mean!? there has never been a display like this before in recent ufo sightings. if this trend continues in multiple locations all over the US and possibly the world, then we could easily be adding a NEW type of UFO classification.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Suppose here is as good a place as any to say that Georgia should be added to the list. I just saw one tonight (rather, this morning) from 2:30 AM to about 5:00 and took several pictures. This is actually my first post to ATS and the reason I joined... I hadn't even heard of this phenomenon until I Google searched to see if there was some sort of an explanation or anyone else who had witnessed this.

Sorry the images are rather small. Anyone know of any great image hosting sites that I could use, possibly with resizing capabilities that aren't restrained to making images smaller? I'm not terribly worried about the pixelation. I cropped out a lot of space, but here's a little bit of what I've got...

img18.imageshack.us...
img19.imageshack.us...
img16.imageshack.us...
img6.imageshack.us...

To let it be known, I was using a Minolta 5D with a 300 zoom lens. The 5D comes with an automatic stabilizing feature that was turned on, and I was also using a tripod for most of the shots that I took.

Glad to become a part of the community.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join