It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Augusta, Georgia: Riots Erupt After Cops Kill 23-year-old

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Augusta, Georgia: Riots Erupt After Cops Kill 23-year-old

news.infoshop.org

Militant resistance to police violence is not confined to the arbitrary borders that make up Greece. Oppressed people’s in the US fight the police on a daily basis. Lets keep Augusta, and all of the other cases of atrocities committed by police in the US in mind when we act in Solidarity on Saturday the 20th. Fighting for Greece means fighting for all of us!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The Cops, claiming that Justin had stolen the SUV, surrounded him and opened fire. Bullets flew everywhere. Local apartments had windows shot out and a little boy was almost shot in the Head.

The community held a vigil in response to the shooting. After an occupying force of 90 police descended on the neighborhood the people fought back. Locals threw rocks and bottles at both the Police and the Corporate Media. People also set fires to dumpsters and at least one car.

Corporate media reports at least 30 shots had been fired during the riot.

This seemed to have completely slipped the MSM...

Well it seems like its starting slowly but surely.

Anyone live in or near Georgia that can provide more details?

news.infoshop.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The MSM won't cover it. It will be on local news and eventually international news. I have already seen this happen a number of times with stories on the BBC about events in the US that were not being covered by the US media.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

VIDEO OF RIOTS

www.nbcaugusta.com...

Five deputies injured in Cherry Tree Crossing chaos

and an update
www.nbcaugusta.com...

[edit on 19-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
There is a member here who is a cop in the near vacinity. I will contact him and see what he has to say.

Here is the local coverage:

www.nbcaugusta.com...
AUGUSTA, Ga. - At least five deputies were injured as a vigil at Cherry Tree Crossing Tuesday night turned chaotic.

Two deputies shot Elmore, 23, after they say he tried to run one of them over during a traffic stop at 15th and Carver streets on Sunday.

Investigators stopped Elmore on suspicion he was driving a stolen vehicle. Officers also say they received a tip he had drugs and a weapon in the vehicle.

The shooting caused chaos throughout the housing project. Multiple fires were set in trash dumpsters, angry neighbors threw rocks and bottles at media and officers the night of the shooting.

Deputies arrested at least four in the chaos Tuesday night.

The guy that was shot was a thug comitting a crime.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You know, maybe we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves. It can almost be argued that the American people have shown more "restraint" of the use of deadly force against authority than anywhere else on earth- considering all the corruption, lies, atrocities, greed, and disregard for human life that persist infecting an otherwise workable system.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Protests/Riots are planned for Saturday December 20th 2008 in Augusta Georgia and Denver Colorado.

See this post for more details
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I imagine the MSN has been instructed to keep silent concerning this event.
The powers that be certainly don't want us sheeple getting any ideas about rioting.

I believe this is the beginning of riots the world over. It's like an infection that there is no cure for.

Normally I am a peace loving old redneck hippie. But I do feel a bit of militant blood beginning to run through my veins.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Every time a person of color is shot from now on, whether innocent or guilty is probably going to result in this type of behavior. Empowerment mean a much differant thing now than it did just afew years ago. With the economy tanking and folks not careing anymore, its only going to get more violent. The response will escalate, and there will be more blood in the streets than ever before. It looks like winning the election has produced the catylist for riots rather than what might have happened if the Dems had lost!
Zindo

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

maybe, just maybe, black people are more prone to riot because they have been poor and hungry and kept in social poverty for a bit longer than white people.

i won't comment on who has been keeping them in social poverty, dunno, lots of people, but the fact is, they've been there for longer than most.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
did u see

apparently the cops recieved a "report" he had drugs and weapons

how convenient------a good fake cover story----reminds me of the drugs in the xmas tree growhouse bust we had on last week where they had an informant that never existed

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

maybe, just maybe, black people are more prone to riot because they have been poor and hungry and kept in social poverty for a bit longer than white people.

i won't comment on who has been keeping them in social poverty, dunno, lots of people, but the fact is, they've been there for longer than most.

Excuses. Excuses. And they are so tiring and reeeealy old.

People need to GROW UP and take responsibility for their own lives, their actions and the choices they make and STOP blaming others.

I have known plenty of WHITE POOR PEOPLE who never riot and cause violence.

I have also known poor black people who pulled up their bootstraps and got their life together and are now successful law abiding peaceful people.

The excuses MUST end and the self responsibility MUST begin.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
did u see

apparently the cops recieved a "report" he had drugs and weapons

how convenient------a good fake cover story----reminds me of the drugs in the xmas tree growhouse bust we had on last week where they had an informant that never existed

Do you have proof this was a fake cover story? You seem to be stating this as fact. Or are you making blind assumptions based on your hatred of ALL cops.

The THUG tried to run over - which can KILL - the cops. He was fleeing cops after trying to run them over. He got shot. Maybe he should have behaved like a responsible adult and not do that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The story link is garbage.

chronicle.augusta.com...

THis link may provide some more insight. Two totally different stories.

Shootings happen in Augusta all of the time especially in the public housing complex. Only this time some cops were involved because their patrol cars were being rammed and now it is an evil plot.

After everything calmed down the cops had to come back to protect the Firefighters who were trying to extinguish the flames that the citizens started. The thugs were assaulting the firefighters. Thats great.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What do you mean from now on?

Ever hear of the riots after MLK Jr?

Rodney King?

Arthur McDuffie?

Timothy Thomas?

Marquette and Ronald Frye?

Just what does Now on have to do with it? It's been happening throughout history (at least relatively recent).

Just what makes you think things are going to be different from now on?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Green, I think you ned to take a relaity pill. Its a wel documented fact that the blak people of America have been treated like 3d class citizens their entire history so to say they all should just behave and grow up is rather childish.

Its always easy to spout how one should behave when one has never lived through the life of another who not so long ago was treated as subhuman.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Green, I think you ned to take a relaity pill. Its a wel documented fact that the blak people of America have been treated like 3d class citizens their entire history so to say they all should just behave and grow up is rather childish.

Its always easy to spout how one should behave when one has never lived through the life of another who not so long ago was treated as subhuman.

Ah ok. So they should not grow up and take responsibility for their own lives, choices and actions? We should just give them all a FREE PASS because of history?

Sorry, but it is easy to spout how one is ALWAYS a victim and how one is never responsible for themselves.

Please tell me how there are SO MANY successful, law abiding, peaceful black people here in America? Hmmmm. Maybe because they refuse to play VICTIM and have decided to be responsible human beings. THAT is reality.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It would be nice if we could just tell them to "pull up them boot straps", however when an entire community was never properly educated by a horrible public school system...what can you really expect? The goverment holds back everyone, either through taxs, poor education, or unjust anti-constitutional laws.

The cops nearly killed a child because they(the cops) thought they could just start shooting. Sometimes, it's better to let someone go instead of endangering everyone around the immediate area. If my child was almost shot, I would shoot back. COPS ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. If that vehicle the guy was driving was stolen who cares, where are the owners? Are they to dumb to protect thier own property. If I see someone taking my car, they get shot. The 23 year old was old enough to have a gun, and drugs don't really do anything at the end of the day. What is this prohibition, it doesn't work. Maybe next time all the local residents can just come outside and line up to be shot by the cops, thier job is just too "hard".

If the guy hadn't been shot at, most likely he would have just ditched the car he stole somewhere. As well as leaving the area bulletholeless.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Green, no one is saying they should not take responsibility for their actions but to put right the injustices the black popualce have gone throught takes time and alot of it. That and financial support and more is required. African Americans as you call them are still at a disadvantage over a white person. Perhaps instead of judging your fellow man you should try helping them.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So true. Americans seem to be the most tolerant people in the world when it comes to authoritarian excesses, often to their detriment.

And when you get down to it, the civil unrest may have been sparked by the shooting, but it ceased being about the shooting almost immediately. Like the married couple arguing about taking out the garbage-- it's not about the garbage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join