It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Finds Foot In Newborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Doctor Finds Foot In Newborn

www.thedenverchannel.com

Dr. Paul Grabb, a pediatric brain surgeon, said he was surprised when he discovered a small foot growing inside the brain of 3-day-old Sam Esquibel.

"The foot literally popped out of the brain," Grabb told TheDenverChannel Wednesday.

Sam was delivered on Oct. 1, within hours of an ultrasound that showed what appeared to be a tumor developing in the brain of the fetus. Three days later, Grabb performed the surgery to remove it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Things get stranger every single day, but thanks to the wonders of medical science we can fix problems like these.

I am glad the baby is doing well and going to be ok.

Does anyone think this has anything to due with pollution or maybe even GMO foods?

They say the appendage or foot was very well developed foot.

www.thedenverchannel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

sounds more like a parasitic twin.
where one child doesnt develop
but causes problems for the developing child.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't think it has anything to do with pollution or anything like that. Some pregnancies consist of two or more babies, but one doesn't make it very far and it is absorbed by the twin who does make it all the way to birth. It's not exactly common I don't think, but it happens.

Vanishing Twin Syndrome

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I don't think it has anything to do with pollution or anything like that. Some pregnancies consist of two or more babies, but one doesn't make it very far and it is absorbed by the twin who does make it all the way to birth. It's not exactly common I don't think, but it happens.

Vanishing Twin Syndrome

See I learn something new every day.

Thanks for the info and link.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

You're welcome! I've only heard of a few instances of it and those were a long time ago so it's practically a miracle that I remembered it!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
My Grandmother had a mole on her forehead that when removed they discovered bone and hair, they said it was an undeveloped twin. I have twins and they do run strongly in my maternal tree.

This is actually very common yet it never stops astounding people when it happens.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Please Contribute all relevant replies to the ongoing discussion located here:

Colorado Doctor Finds Foot In Newborn's Brain

Closing Thread

Thank You

Semper

new topics

top topics

join