It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do ghosts get more active during the holidays?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Whether is just happens to coincide with the time of year. This may seem a silly question but I will tell you why.

We live in my husband's family home and three family members have died there.

The past month, the house has gotten not only busy, but quite noisy. There are strange things happening all over. I explain most of them away, but now there is significant knocking, clanging, etc.
Doesn't bother me too much, because I know they are relatives. I HOPE they are relatives. But it is really freaking my husband out.

There are times I think the cats are trashing the house but then I realize they are both sleeping on my bed.

Having a three year old known as the Hurricane, I can't really say if these activities are resulting in any manipulation or not.

I have thought about leaving a tape recorder on.

But on the other hand, I don't really want to know. And if I hear a voice, especially of my beloved BIL, it might be pretty freaky. But it would be nice to confirm it is family.

If it isn't then I am calling someone!

So just my theory, family coming to hang out for the holidays?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If ghosts are indeed the spirits of departed men and women, holidays would seem to be a time that they'd be active...memories of times past that they can no longer share with anyone. Regrets and loss are powerful forces, even for the dead, I suppose...

Couple that with our missing of loved ones who have departed this mortal coil, that's an impressive amount of spirtiual energy that, in the right circumstance, call a loved one back from where ever it is they go.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You mean like these????www.youtube.com...

old video....
click the link

[edit on 16-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

LOL thanks Whaa.

Never considered I may be visited by the three ghosts. Or am I?

But I think seagull made a very good point about a culmination of things.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think they just like to come and visit at times of the year when those left behind are feeling their absence more keenly. I usually feel my Father come to visit over this period of time and around my birthday too ...which is when he happened to have died as it happens.

new topics

top topics

join