It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek youths break into state TV center, take over

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In spite of all the corruption we all here note in America and Britain, its nothing like what the Greek citizenry apparently have had to put up with.
That being said, can you imagine what would happen in the streets of D.C., NYC or L.A. if people did 1/10th the amount of rioting? I am sure the tanks would have been rolled out long ago, just as they were in Tienanmen square!
I wish them all the best over there and hope that something of benefit comes out of it.
After all, the difference between their corruption and ours is only one of degree. Ours still needs to be dealt with all the same, if not, hopefully, in such a violent manner. Our passions rarely match the Greeks, but in today's climate, who knows what could happen.
I am going to be following this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Excellent news... Glad Greece isn't gonna be a slave to the NWO....

Hope we as a global community can all take lessons from the Greeks, because at the moment they're the only ones who seem to doing some thing about the oppression.

Hats off to them

Please do not take lessons from us. TRUST ME!

Why no Greek people are posting here to inform us of all those huge riots all over the country...

(btw I live in Greece, but where are those riots?)

[edit on 16-12-2008 by spacebot]

Who can spell "virtual reality"? Anyone?

[edit on 16-12-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Um I do not know if you have gone through all the threads related to greece but there have been a few greeks that have spoken up about what is going on in greece...

I take it by your words about virtual reality that you are saying their are no riots only propagande fake news reporting that riots are happening.

Do I understand you correctly?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
PTP
That is not peer to peer, rather Power To People!

It is time the rest of the world, sorry, rest of the western world woke up and realised that much more can be achieved by working together and standing up to TPTB. It's amazing how many people are still in denial that the world is currently not the way they imagined it would be when they were a kid, for it to be like that, these riots need to happen, however at the same time peopl need to be aware of economic hitmen starting riots off in otherwise peaceful countries. This would massively kcik start police states all over the world. You'd only have to give each kid $10,000 and tell them to riot for a few weeks and cause mayhem and you'd be suprised ho many would.

I'm still not 100% sure if EH are involved in this or not as I've only been paying minmal attention to these riots. From reading about the riots I actually think (but not 100%) it is just a result of the people taking crap and then fighting back, apparanetly these riots happen every year in greece, but just a much smaller level. If I had time I'd find out some more about EH and their involvement with this. Anyone here at ATS looked into this and can save me the time by giving me a quick low down?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
For those of you asking what would it be like if the US followed in the steps of the Greek revolution, lets see...

American Revolution (1775-1783) - won freedom from the British Empire.
American Civil War (1861-1865) - southern secession from the US, Americans fighting Americans for 4 years.

For nearly 250 years, the US has had her run in with revolution. Granted, none has happened in over a century, but that doesnt mean we dont have it in us to act when things get beyond harsh.

Now, lets compare the opposite end of the spectrum, peaceful protest:

Boston Tea Party (1773) - protest against British rule
Civil Rights Movement (1955-1968) - throughout the years, every stage of the movement were met with arrests, brutality, even death; including the assassination of Martin Luther King
Million Man March (1995) - an attempt to convey criticism of the Republican party
Million Woman March (1997) - attempt to bring social and economic unity throughout the black communities

Beyond these very high profile key protests, there have been countless attempts at peaceful protests, all of which have little or no affect on society at large. The highest profile cases of course did sway society somewhat, but they didnt have the impact of outright revolution.

So, do I agree with what is going on in Greece? I dont necessarily agree with the extreme violence, but I do understand that it is the only thing that some politicians will understand. If they have been pushed to the brink, then I agree with them taking the only actions left to them to secure their freedom from oppression.

Will Americans stand up and stand together against outright fascist dictatorship? I hope that when the day comes that the last freedoms begin to disappear, more Americans will begin to ask themselves what is most important and stand together to achieve that end.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
You guys approving it?
Those idiots destroyed half of the country ... they demolished every store, car, ....... on the way. They stole everything they could. These are just animals.
Greece will need about 10 years just to get where they were before thoe f&$%s got on the street.
And these animals will lead this country in the future? I sure hope not ...

You obviously have no idea and have been successfully influenced by the mass media of your country. Similar riots have been going on all over Europe but have been silenced on a direct command from the highest level of the E.U. If you have resources at your disposal you should inquire into what is actually happening in France as we speak. There are sabotages on the rail network, ppl are dying of poverty within the streets of Paris. This may account why President Sarkozy met with a group of greek citizens. He was also forced to place back into the filing cabinet a ruling which was directed at the youths and the elderly of that nation. This is the beginning of what has been planed well over 40 years. Do not feel surprised or amazed.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I hope that when the day comes that the last freedoms begin to disappear, more Americans will begin to ask themselves what is most important and stand together to achieve that end.

Don't you think waiting for the last freedoms to disappear might be leaving it just a little too late? On the other hand, North Americans have been so thoroughly coddled and brainwashed that it could possibly take them to the last minute to wake up.
When you look at the heavy handedness displayed at the political conventions this fall, I dread to see how the PTB would handle an actual protest over something more than simple politics.
I am hoping that we North Americans can muster up even a bit of the courage that the Greek citizens are showing.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You guys approving it?
Those idiots destroyed half of the country ... they demolished every store, car, ....... on the way. They stole everything they could. These are just animals.
Greece will need about 10 years just to get where they were before thoe f&$%s got on the street.

Yes its funny how instinct takes over and we become animals in persuit of survival when threatened by predetors(see the greek politiians that have sold their country into debt and have to off load public assets to pay international banks 11billion dollars a month to service debts, debts taking 90% of GDP. GDP now set to be 2%, 2% lower than the 4% that was servicing the 11billion dollar debt that sees greek money/future going overseas instead of into a society, geez those animals fighting for their lives.)

[edit on 17-12-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Adults have "serious" stuff to take care of. Like paying back the money they or their government borrowed from the banks (money creators).
We don't need money to live. But "they" need money to control us.

JOHN PERKINS: We economic hit men, during the last 30 or 40 years, have really created the world’s first truly global empire, and we’ve done this primarily through economics, and the military only coming in as a last resort. Therefore, it’s been done pretty much secretly. Most of the people in the United States have no idea that we’ve created this empire and, in fact, throughout the world it’s been done very quietly, unlike old empires, where the army marched in; it was obvious. So I think the significance of the things you discussed, the fact that over 80% of the population of South America recently voted in an anti-U.S. president and what’s going on at the World Trade Organization, and also, in fact, with the transit strike here in New York, is that people are beginning to understand that the middle class and the lower classes around the world are being terribly, terribly exploited by what I call the corporatocracy, which really runs this empire.

AMY GOODMAN: Well, before we move further, your experience with it? Explain the vantage point you come from. What does it mean to be an economic hit man?

JOHN PERKINS: Well, what we’ve done—we use many techniques, but probably the most common is that we’ll go to a country that has resources that our corporations covet, like oil, and we’ll arrange a huge loan to that country from an organization like the World Bank or one of its sisters, but almost all of the money goes to the U.S. corporations, not to the country itself, corporations like Bechtel and Halliburton, General Motors, General Electric, these types of organizations, and they build huge infrastructure projects in that country: power plants, highways, ports, industrial parks, things that serve the very rich and seldom even reach the poor. In fact, the poor suffer, because the loans have to be repaid, and they’re huge loans, and the repayment of them means that the poor won’t get education, health, and other social services, and the country is left holding a huge debt, by intention. We go back, we economic hit men, to this country and say, “Look, you owe us a lot of money. You can’t repay your debts, so give us a pound of flesh. Sell our oil companies your oil real cheap or vote with us at the next U.N. vote or send troops in support of ours to some place in the world such as Iraq.” And in that way, we’ve managed to build a world empire with very few people actually knowing that we’ve done this.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

link to source?

excellent info btw

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Go Greeks, atleast someone is fighting big brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Dont know the source, could be this :
www.democracynow.org...

John Perkins wrote the book "Confessions of an economic hit man"

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You guys approving it?

The problem is the people has been fed up with your governments corruption, the bureaucracy which the corruption and the implementation of the Euro has brought with them.

I do not really see MSM hitting the screen with people breaking into houses and burning it down to the ground as you say, so please provide a source where i can read more of this, until then i will fully support the people of Greece who a demostrating for their rights..

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

watch from 2:10

The Boycott

we should do that

[edit on 17-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Um I do not know if you have gone through all the threads related to greece but there have been a few greeks that have spoken up about what is going on in greece...

I take it by your words about virtual reality that you are saying their are no riots only propagande fake news reporting that riots are happening.

Do I understand you correctly?

First of all there is no uprising.
There are youths that either want to miss school, or to impress chicks, or they are still very young and innocent and they believe the same lobby of politicians and same news anchors/journalists/opinion makers that for the past 18 years spout the same BS over and over and never solved anyone's problems.
The government in this country is being directed and manipulated along with the public by a handful of men that are huge media businessmen. They own banks, news corporations, magazines, newspapers, radio stations, Television channels and even internet provider companies. They own EVERYTHING!

Imagine Italy that has only 1 Berlusconi, we have 10! Now imagine the horror while each faction wants to bring back up their own government vs the other faction that wants to keep things as it is. Whatever the faction, Imagine huge corruption, imagine internet providers and telephone companies being wide open to Israeli, German and primarily American agencies as well as anyone who wants to pay for eavesdropping. Now imagine the people that used to trust no one because they had been already through a foreign occupation for 5 years (Nazi Germany), hunger(nazi Germany and the British inspired naval blockade), civil war (US-British and former USSR proxy war) 7 year military Junta (American CIA inspired) invasion and occupation of native soil, (US-British-inspired by Turkish implementation) already for 17 years (same period where each of these Berlusconi's were able to create media corporations) harboring a flowing population of 2 million foreign nationals mostly from impoverished ex USSR countries or the impoverished parts of Middle East and Asia half of that population still semi illegal rotating back and forth between countries in a total population of 11 million people, having the vast majority of manufacturing businesses outsourcing for more than a decade in neighboring developing Balkan countries, having huge food or commodity taxes, 19% and they are proposing a further increase to 20% or 21% soon, while the rest of Europe is near only 17%, a country that is hemorrhaging its capital left and right, basic food prices doubling every two years, paycheck raises stale for 3 to 4 years, that is IF you can find a decent job, AND YET THE GOD DAMN "UPRAISES" mentioned NONE of the above as a cause of there riots! Instead they burned small shops, some food stores, some banks, no media organizations were harmed, no journalists or media people hair was touched, no politicians suit was even wrinkled due to the alleged "UPRISING". THIS IS MAJOR BS!

When there will be a REAL population uprising here and not some NGO backed lackeys or some hooded governmental cops, even if the global MSM will have to suppress these news, TRUST ME, everyone will take notice.

It has not happened yet, and neither is anything like this imminent. YET!

That's what happens when some governments want to change sides for a bit and buy some non American weapons, or sign pipeline deals with non American corporations.

Thank you very much America and every other NGO lackey in this and similar threads but this BS actually begins to hurt mine and several other peoples income that do not deserve to be chocked to death financially while any of the big multinational corporations stores are left UNTOUCHED by these "rioters". Please go find some "uprisings" elsewhere while you sit at the screen eating your popcorn while you search for some cheap thrill to spend your boring days.

The only real thing that came close to be an uprising were people that were self organized to protect their stores and belongings and had happened in 3 different cities and those people numbers were far greater than the "rioters" numbers.

Any "greek" poster is welcome to refute my statements.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Thanks for the enlightenment. Not facetious. I really mean it. Sounds like you know at first hand what the deal is over there.
I guess what I would like to know, is how the "real" rebellion will start, and who will do it?
Maybe you have just thrown the first volley?

Not sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i'm not 100% sure but i heard that the similiar thing is preparing in Ukraine but in larger scale. President today said that 80% of cash in Ukraine is missing
and that the help from IMF (i can't remember how much was it but i think it was around 10billion USD) can't help them.

People had full of loans in USD as banks there didn't want to give them loans in their money. After the crisis Ukraine had on of the biggest financial "hit" in the world and they have to give back to banks a lot more than they got.

They are furious. Almost whole population wants Yuschenko to give up as president or they will get on the streets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join