It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek youths break into state TV center, take over

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Greek youths break into state TV center, take over

www.google.com

Protesters forced their way into Greece's state NET television news studio Tuesday and interrupted a news broadcast featuring the prime minister so they could urge viewers to join mass anti-government demonstrations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

For more than a minute, about 10 youths blocked a broadcast showing a speech by Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis. Instead, they displayed banners reading: "Stop watching, get out onto the streets," and "Free everyone who has been arrested." No one was hurt, and no arrests were reported.

NET chairman Christos Panagopoulos claimed the protesters violently forced their way into the studio. "This goes beyond any limit," he said.

It was the latest twist in 11 days of riots and protests after a policeman shot and killed a 15-year-old boy on Dec. 6. The violent protests have evolved from being just aimed at Greek police to being highly critical of Karamanlis' conservative government.

Funny how little MSM attention this is getting anymore. They make it seem like its all done and over.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well done to those youths btw standing up for whats right and if stuff gets really bad here in England id be doing the same if i could hopefully others would aswell

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This rioting should be hitting MSM here in North America but I think TPTB are afraid of encouraging it here. We are are a tipping point and stuff like that may put us over the top.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Kinda ironic that the nation that gave the world democracy is now facing the true democratic will of the people

Protesters have called for riot officers to be pulled off the streets, for police to be disarmed and for the government to revise its economic, social and education policies.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Now THIS is democracy. Not a republic mind you but Democracy at it's most raw.

Power to the People.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good for those young people! It is my belief the youth are our future. They are standing up for what they believe in, that is a good thing.

Edited to add:

I did a quick 'mainstream media' search for Greek Riots.

CNN

The riots are mentioned on the homepage of Fox news, here is the search, Fox seems to be covering this pretty well:
FOX

NY Times

I say the mainstream media is covering this fairly well. Combined with the alternate sources, I dont think there is a lack of coverage.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by hotbakedtater]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You guys approving it?
Those idiots destroyed half of the country ... they demolished every store, car, ....... on the way. They stole everything they could. These are just animals.
Greece will need about 10 years just to get where they were before thoe f&$%s got on the street.
And these animals will lead this country in the future? I sure hope not ...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Yes but if the cop didnt shoot the kid , And the government didnt piss off the people so much, They wouldnt be rioting would they

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

Some questions for you.

1. Are you on medication? If so what kind?
2. Do you drink bottled or tap water? List brands if bottled or level of fluoride if tap water.
3. Can you find the USA on a world map? What about Iraq or Greece?

cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Runningtobabylon

After the investigation it was clear that the bullet hit kid after it hit the road.
And this kid was triing to kill this cop. I would do the same thing if some crazy motherfu***r was triing to kill me.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

don't try to make yourself smart ....

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The idea of an elected government is that it represents the will of the people.
If the people aren't happy then they are well within their rights to demand change.

If the government ignores peaceful requests and use the police force to keep people quiet, then mass demonstration is needed.
I don't agree with destruction of property, but if everyone just sat there like Gandhi then surely they would be beated, and if not dispersed then rounded up and locked away to quell their angry voice?

The western media is downplaying this to reduce chances of it spreading. It's 6:50PM here, the 6 o'clock national news has finished and we're now on local news, and there hasn't been a SINGLE mention of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thank god!
Now maybe they can improve the quality of Greek TV

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

I'll take that as massive quantities of all the above

cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
You guys approving it?
Those idiots destroyed half of the country ... they demolished every store, car, ....... on the way. They stole everything they could. These are just animals.
Greece will need about 10 years just to get where they were before thoe f&$%s got on the street.
And these animals will lead this country in the future? I sure hope not ...

Great point. I have been trying to assert the same notion in another thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
People seem to think its cool when its happening in another country. I would love to see their reactions if it was happening in their own backyards and to their own businesses. I see a lot of big talk but I have yet to read about any riots or uprisings in this country.

Come on brave posters, leave the comfort and safety of your homes and toss a couple of molotovs at your local police officers then march into your local grocery store and start stealing everything in sight.

I'll keep my eyes on the news headlines.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by selfisolated

Why incite the masses? Mustn't give anyone ideas that people really can change the world, oh nonono, that would be too much for the poor populace to understand. Must stay utterly dependent on the MSM and government to tell us what to wear, who to elect, and before you know it, when we can eat, sleep, and use the toilet :-(

[edit on 12/16/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

well if they were occurring who's to say it would be reported. If it was then would it be reported accurately? Or would the MSM spin it off as some nut job thing?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Oh, I'm pretty sure we would see something posted on ATS. Unless, the ATS is actually under the control of the MSM. I know I've been censored a couple of times here.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Go ahead ... i don't care

So this means that you're supporting them for destroying all the stuff that generations before them build. I wonder what your opinion would be if they stole your car and burnt your house

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join