It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonry and political/economic leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A common perception among anti-masons is that masons excelled (in the past) at business and politics because they conspire with each other, and keep secrets, and give fellow masons (unearned) advantages.

There is an alternate explanation that reveals far more, though.

Masonry has championed the ideals of democracy and especially the democratic process. I believe that the USA, first French republic, and the Republic of Texas were all constructed to be "masonic republics." In other words, republics run by democracy.

The same is true of corporation law in most US states. In most states, you need three officers to incorporate--the same requirement for constituting a masonic lodge.

The real reason masons "rise to the top" in politics and corporate/business life is because masonry teaches men the techniques of leadership and moderating a public meeting: new masons learn to speak in public, and how to run a business meeting.

Few people today have heard of Robert's Rules of Order, but these rules (and their french correlates) determine how business and government meetings should be conducted. Simply put, the people who understand Robert's rules are the individuals best prepared to make their case in business, government or law.

Masonry teaches young men these skills, which are required for being active in the lodge. They are no longer taught anywhere else in modern society. They are not taught in school, and most boys no longer participate in boy scouts or some other fraternal association.

In short, masonry is the only institution that teaches young men how to comport themselves in public. And that is why masons excel in public leadership and positions of trust---they've groomed the skills needed. Most guys off the street don't have any similar experience, and so are less prepared to lead.

all the best

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I agree. In fact, some time back I started a thread Why Masons are so good at that World Domination stuff which touches on similar points, if you'd care to give it a read.

While I didn't touch on Robert's Rules, presentation and argument skills are encouraged, as I demonstrated.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
oops. I needed to delete my post--too much personal info about where I work.

Suffice it to say, I experienced someone with a lack of public speaking skills who could have benefited from the sorts of education that masonry or toastmasters provide.

All the best.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

new topics

join