It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burglar: I was held captive by ghost for 3 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Burglar: I was held captive by ghost for 3 days

www.msnbc.msn.com

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A burglar who broke into a house claims he was held captive by a "supernatural figure" for three days without food and water, officials said.

Police official Abdul Marlik Hakim Johar told The Star newspaper the house's owners found the 36-year-old man fatigued and dehydrated when they returned from vacation Thursday.

He says they called an ambulance to take him to a hospital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting story here. Not sure why he would make this up, unless he thought it would get him some kind of sympathy. Its just another ghost claim by an eye witness with no actual proof, but interesting nonetheless. Didnt see this posted so mods feel free to move or delete if duplicate or in the wrong place.

Discuss.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
How do Malaysians feel about supernatural entities? That'd be the first step towards an answer I think. Good story!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is an odd one indeed i definitely want it to be true i really do but the fact is it probably isnt its more probably the work of a delusional mind or maybe someone trying to get some publicity (if its the last one it worked tbh) although you never know really anything is possible i definitly believe in ghosts and the supernatural and its definitely possibly that this couldve happened hell the guy couldve been scared to death at the possibility of a ghost right in front of him and been so terrified to move so he probably couldve left the house but didnt out of pure fear.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
my first opinion - it is a smoke screen for his [ the burgulars ] collosal incompetance IMHO he gained entry then shut a door behind himseld that he could not open from the side he was on - and was trapped that way

thus forced to wait till the home owners rescued him - he has invented the " ghost " to mask his epic fail as a burgular

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Okay lets try this one: He is CRAZY. Clinically.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That was the first thing that came to my mind as well ape... I find that theory much more plausible .

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If this is true it could be a case of karma.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That's really weird ..I was held captive by a Burglar for three days..
LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
How do Malaysians feel about supernatural entities? That'd be the first step towards an answer I think. Good story!!

Strangely enough, I was on Borneo for 6 weeks last summer.
I spoke to a few Malasians and Indians that I worked with about ghosts.
Not only do they believe in ghosts/spirits but they are considered common. Another thing that is common is that they believe in spirits that live in the jungle. They believe that if you go into the jungle then you must bring food and eat a little of it so that the spirits will know that you are not there to kill for food.
A friend who is of Malasyan and Indian descent told me about a demon in his parents house that was brought about by the death of his sister in law.
He was very earnest when he told me about this story.
I cannot account for the accuracy of his story but I think he believed it. Something had him very bothered.
The belief system there is much different from western society and in some ways is much more observant than ours. They do have an interesting point of view when it comes to nature.

As far as the captive burglar. Maybe it was just a story but at least the Maylay ghost scene isn't the same old stories. Most of their stories happen in every day life, not just in creepy old houses.

I do have a headhunter mask that I bought there. It is just a tourist trinket but it was supposedly made by one of the tribes that used to hunt heads. They say it will scare away ghosts.
I don't know about ghosts but it scares my cat.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The place is not in Kuala Lumpur but in Kelantan Malaysia.
It is a small town. I believe it is a work of toyol (Small imp like ghost).
Some small town folks have them to do nasty work. But the owner decline it saying it is the work of the Devine.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The place is not in Kuala Lumpur but in Kelantan Malaysia.
It is a small town. I believe it is a work of toyol (Small imp like ghost).
Some small town folks have them to do nasty work. But the owner decline it saying it is the work of the Devine.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
lol yes I read this today...

the only thing pushing him to the ground for 3 days was his consciounce.

so funny

edit spelling

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

new topics

top topics

join