It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Greek riots a taste of things to come?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Are the Greek riots a taste of things to come?

www.independent.co.uk

Greece's riots are a sign of the economic times. Other countries should beware, says Peter Popham in Athens
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

week, the Greek police have nearly exhausted their stock. As they seek emergency supplies from Israel and Germany, still the petrol bombs and stones of the protesters rain down, with clashes again outside parliament yesterday.

Bringing together youths in their early twenties struggling to survive amid mass youth unemployment and schoolchildren swotting for highly competitive university exams that may not ultimately help them in a treacherous jobs market, the events of the past week could be called the first credit-crunch riots. There have been smaller-scale sympathy attacks from Moscow to Copenhagen, and economists say countries with similarly high youth unemployment problems such as Spain and Italy should prepare for unrest.

MSM is starting to spread the idea to the public about rioting. Just saw the same thing discussed on BBC international.

Now things are getting serious.

This is no longer a conspiracy theory because the media is openly discussing this seriously.

Possible reasons?
1. The media is trying to instill fear or anger in the public, possibly creating riots.
2. More is going on but the media is not showing everything for what it is if at all. For example the riots in Thailand. That had been going on almost all summer and fall before it made big headlines. Or what about the Riots on Greenland...in the news a week on and off then silence.
Tons more I could drone on about but maybe the media is reporting things as they are...who can tell?

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
wht you must understad these riots are the build up major problems in greece for many years.

from

-poor wages, no jobs
-living expences
-taxes
-goverment corruption

many factors that are contributing to these riots.

the foundations of the country are not there.

it does not help when for 400 yrs you were under rule fromthe ottoman empire from 1453 to the start of freedom in 1821 and fully gaining there country in 1913. but not capturing its capital city konstantinople.

then the problems in ww1 and ww2.

civil war and it has only been 30 years since the military lost power of the country.

many problems have caused what is faced in greece.

but socialy it is the best country to go to and any tourist will tell you that

and crazyness for football lol

[edit on 12-12-2008 by gate13]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

wht you must understad these riots are the build up major problems in greece for many years.

Strange....

Ring any bells???

Hello...

Do I have to S P E L L it out or do you get it people?

To the OP I think it is my friend.

SF for a good question.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
strange times indeed

I fear for my daughters future

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yeah strange my son just got back from Iraq a month ago for the holidays and will be shipping out in Jan headed for greece we were totaly happy about him getting out of there and now? We found this out two weeks before the whole debuckle in Greece happened strange indead!

[edit on 12-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Now that is strange.

Foreknowledge of it happening.

Makes you wonder about those reports of troops in the US??

But good old coincidence strikes again huh?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Most US bases where decommissioned in the 90's in Greece

Last time I was there (90's) the bases where used by gypsies and homeless/landless Greeks as housing.

I wonder if, in going back to Greece; they will take back the bases and evict those living there...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Excuse me if I do not know of developments but are the US considering or attempting occupying greece???

I havent heard of that or is it speculation?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

apparently SLAYER69's son is being shipped to Greece

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was being sarcastic with the coincidence but makes you wonder is all I was saying.

Either way someone else will state coincidence skeptic wise.

There is so much that can be read into but at the end of the day there was a young boy killed so they have a good reason to riot even at that.

I would kick the heck out of the police given that reason.

They do a crap enough job and yes they have regulations but they are meant to be in place to stop this rather than used as excuses to justifiy their actions.

Please let me know if I have the wrong end as you have only posted one line.

There is an old saying that the police use in my country (UK) fly with the crows and you are shot with the crows.

Same thing, they dont like their own medicine. Typical

Cheers

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Woot!

Here comes the reboot!

Finally those who want to hold an Authoritatve stance on what is right in this world will find that it has all been for naught.

Authority does not exist within legal actions, but within the power of the multitude and their version of morality only.

I'm lovin it!!!

[edit on 12-12-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yep, the situation in grease is making things a bit more slippery I'd say!

lol.. pun intended... could this false flag operation be named any more appropriately?

Once again people, it's out in the open and in your face, care to look for another explanation, as always?

Good call OP, star and flag for you !

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
sure,it could happen here! i feel that their is a lot of unrest. hopefully with the new administration that won't happen.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwomi
sure,it could happen here! i feel that their is a lot of unrest. hopefully with the new administration that won't happen.

Im sorry but this is the closest reply to making me go BAA in this thread so far.

Obama = change

"Yes we can"

Read it with a more literal viewpoint coupled with events

but staying on topic..........

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I personally dont blame them for rioting. They have suffered alot.
But I am sure that the MSM is trying their hardest to get it to spread as far and wide as they can. The more upheaval there is the more likely all countries are to go into martial law. I mean think about it..in the past when there has been a riot here or there its just this place is having problems, police asking all to stay away.
Now its omg there is rioting and we know for sure its going to spread over and over...then bam it starts to spread.They keep it going even now talking about how its going to spread even farther. This country or that country is most likely next etc.... people being lead right along their pre-set gov sanctioned /MSM touting path; to their eventual death!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

i seriously doubt riots in Greece are sporadic.
they even had Greeks rioting abroad, against
members of current Greece government.

very similar to what Kurds were/are doing.
and Kurds are very well organized...

someone is behind these Greece riots.

the question is - WHO and WHY?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Remember that internal Citi group memo a few months back.

"The world is not going back to normal after the magnitude of what they have done. When the dust settles this will either work, and the money they have pushed into the system will feed through into an inflation shock," wrote Tom Fitzpatrick, Citibank's chief technical strategist.
Source

The memo also said this.

“This will lead to political instability. We are already seeing countries on the periphery of Europe under severe stress. Some leaders are now at record levels of unpopularity. There is a risk of domestic unrest, starting with strikes because people are feeling disenfranchised.”
Sounds exactly like Greece, does it not.
Source

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

indeed it does sir, indeed it does

good contribution

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Spot on atlasastro.

Here's a blog a friend of mine of mine sent me on Tuesday citing the attacks on the banks as evidence of the real cause of this.

theirishbulletin.blogspot.com...

He's Greek himself and told me that this was a lot of what he was reading on the Greek sites way before it hit MSM sources in English. this weekend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join