It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian plane or?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

source

What on earth is this?

Looking at the vehicles around this beast it seems old, WW2'ish?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow A barn door in a wind storm.......... great pic!!!
sorry no info..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Background structures look very CGI.

It'd be a cool ride, but ive gotta say fake.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is definitely CGI.

The people are cut-out stand ins used for architectural renderings. The lighting on the people is flat and they don't cast any (even subtle) shadows.

The texturing is too perfect. Each engine has a very light reflection of the wing if you look closely enough. The fact that each engine reflects the wing so perfectly and consistently (was the whole plane just waxed?) is a huge indicator for CGI.

Also, the lighting is all wrong. It is extremely diffuse - totally overcast - and yet there are fairly dark and hard shadows under the wing and under the truck. It just looks like the lighting is stuck in a weird halfway point between a sharp daylight rendering an a smooth and fairly evenly lit overcast rendering.

Finally, everyone is wearing late 20th century business casual clothing and using modern luggage but the plane looks like it is from the world of yesterday. Anachronism FTW!

Jon

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Fake. The aircraft behind the... thing... suggest that it's supposed to be around World War I. The guns on the aircraft itself don't quite resemble the guns used at the time (take a look at the breeches and barrels of the various naval guns on ships HMS Dreadnought and later). Specifically, naval guns of the time tended to have slightly flared ends of the barrel, and the tapers more readily reflect current naval guns. The shadows are sometimes present, sometimes not. The clothes the people are wearing are not really WWI-style clothing. It's not aerodynamically feasible what with runway takeoff requirements, fuel consumption, and general combat usability.

Oh, and these are all superseded by the fact that no such aircraft has been made. Good CG, but fake.

Pr0

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This looks like Howard Hughes homage.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This flying battleship looks like it may have been created for a Movie, it isn't from that 'Sky Captain' film from a couple of years ago is it?

Although fictitious, it seems influenced by, and bears a resemblance to the Kalinin K-7 which was a monstrous and disastrous Russian bomber from the 1930's

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Now that you mention it, it does look like the sky captain one, I thought it look familiar. But yeah most certainly CG, if it's not from that movie, then maybe concept designs or something along those lines.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Another one to add the the fake/debunked thread? Let me know if someone finds a pic of it in sky cap.
-David

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
nice picture, i'm not sure who made thing plane- i think its a country pretending to be ahead in technology and advancement.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Does anybody know exactly WHAT that thingamabob is exactly? Ive never seen a plane of the sort.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is clearly the latest Iranian Long Range Bomber, affectionately called the INFIDEL SEEKER.

Latest unpublished intelligence indicates that they hope to produce two every decade, in spite of current in-country gasoline shortages.

That is not a weapon high up front. Due to a transposition in the plans, this is the toilet drain pipe which is yet to be relocated toward the rear of the aircraft.

It was only noted that this was backwards after the fifteenth flight when someone had to "go" after eating several goat burrito's.

Western intelligence agencies are studying the designs very carefully, and are considering seeking bids on reviving the SPAD.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Looks like a variant of the Tupolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorky (Called Maximum Gwacky due to it's lousy performance)

the ANT-20 was brought down due to a poorly executed loop manuver by a flanking fighter, killing loads of peoples on the ground.

Tupolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorky (Туполев АНТ-20 "Максим Горький" in Russian)

Tupolev ANT-20bis Maxim Gorky

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...(aircraft)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The Spruce Goose.

Article HERE

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
The Spruce Goose.

Article HERE

Cheers!!!!

Huh? This has got nothing to do with the Hughes Hercules (it is not called the Spruce Goose).

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Is my post invisible? Can people not see how this fictitious craft was based on the K-7?

Apart from being much bigger and festooned with guns and armour the design is exaclty the same. Nothing like the 'Spruce Goose' or the Maxim Gorky which were both conventional designs, albeit very large ones.

Look at the very thick wing with windows in the leading edge, look at the large sponsons which contain the undercarriage and bomb load on the K-7 and which look almost like floats.

See even the main strut arrangement between the sponsons and the wing, it is exactly the same.

This design is a very imaginitive reworking of the Kalinin K-7. 100%

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I've seen Sky Captain a few times and I never recall seeing this thing in the movie.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Yeah I did some hunting and didn't see it in use in any way for that movie. Also I saw your post waynos
I'm just trying to track down why this fake was even created. Once I get that this will be added to the debunked thread along with information everyone and yourself have provided. Cheers EH.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warren can you give us a link to the content this appeared with and any back story you may have?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ah thanks Canada EH, my stress levels have now come down

I have never seen Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, It was just that when I looked at the design it struck me that this might be the sort of thing it would feature, having seen the trailers when it came out, so although I am sure what the design was based on, I do not know why or by whom.

join