It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton accused of supplying rotten food to U.S. forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Halliburton accused of supplying rotten food to U.S. forces

www.freedomsphoenix.com

U.S military contractor KBR, a former subisidary of Halliburton, is facing a number of lawsuits over its activities in Iraq, and elsewhere ....
In one class-action suit Joshua Eller, a civilian who worked for the U.S. Air Force in 2006 at the Balad air force base northeast of Baghdad, alleges KBR 'knowingly and intentionally supplied to U.S. forces and other individuals food that was expired, spoiled, rotten, or that may have been contaminated with shrapnel, or other materials'.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.armytimes.com
newscottage.blogspot.com
www.liveleak.com
www.the-peoples-forum.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
192214/pg1
150479/pg1
379016/pg1
346352/pg1

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Clearskies]

[edit: fixed link to source]

[edit on 12-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
DISGUSTING!

Giving the troops ice that was used to store dead bodies, with traces of human body fluids?!
If true, it just shows how money is more important to some of these people than human life.

Does anyone here have experience as a soldier with this kind of thing?
If this happened in 2006, why are they only now getting the lawsuits through?

www.freedomsphoenix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed link to source]

[edit on 12-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
And yet they are still getting paid. Let see. They abuse our troops, abuse Iraq, build concentration camps, and can be directly tied to the White House....

Time to break out the pitchforks and torches and drag these bastards to the gallows.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I would be upset... I would be irrate... I would be enraged... If I was suprised. Looking back to me time in the military, I was the living testbed of chemicals and action/reaction situations.

We were shot up with so many things that the docs didn't even know what they were.

The fact that the lowest bidder is supplying less than best items does not supprise me. The fact that the government is still paying them for said service is disturbing.

If anyone here stateside wants to know the hardships that the troops who are over there and figting for you in your military go through. Imagine for a minute. Being a walking target in a place you are not wanted, stressed out after being shot at or seeing your friends maimed. You finally get to the rear and get a cold shower and maybe you brush the sand from your teeth and sit down to a meal that turns out to be less than appetizing. Welcome to the modern military!

Much Respect and love to all those over there right now, picking up where I left off!

Support our troops. No matter your personal opinion of the conflict or polotics.... Support the troops.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

"Giving the troops ice that was used to store dead bodies, with traces of human body fluids?! "

Just for the sake of clarity here...
The ice wasn't used to store dead bodies, it was delivered in trucks that had been previously used to carry human remains.

He said Halliburton and KBR 'shipped ice served to U.S. forces in trucks that had been used to carry human remains and that still had traces of body fluids and putrefied remains.'

Not to detract from the other various allegations made over the years, regarding seemingly incompetent and questionable practices by both Haliburton and KBR.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What the heck is going on? We hear about local mobs getting into the real estate business and selling subprime mortgages, we had Enron, banks are going to the wall minus their disappeared assets and evaporated liquidity. Now we hear that the NASDAQ chairman has been arrested for a $50 billion ponzi scheme. There are the Gordon Gekkos roaming the continental US buying up businesses, draining pension funds and then filing for bankruptcy. On top this, the manufacturing base via the automotive industry are following the coat tails of the banks for handout, and what does the senate say? The workers have to take a cut in wages before the management can get their grubby hands on the tax payer's money. Some of these tax payers aren't even born yet but are they already in debt.

If that's not bad enough, patriots believing that they are doing their best for their country abroad are being fed garbage thanks to KPR. Is the US a kleptocracy?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Pretty horrific news...

Defence (and law enforcement) should be the only areas where open bid-tender systems should never be used. Decisions about sourcing must be based on quality in every case of acquisition when it comes to these two things. I mean should a military really be supplied by the cheapest rather than the best in every case?

If the government didn't squander taxpayers money on so much other frivolous unconstitutional crap, maybe they could afford to create or source better equipment for the armed forces.

btw KBR is a former subsidiary of Halliburton... they are legally unrelated as it stands, so profit flow between the two is non-existant. Not sure if Cheney and company own substantial shares in each company but I wouldn't be surprised.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I've been here in Iraq since Nov 2003 as a contractor (not KBR). I've been to Balad many, many times, though never posted there. I never noticed any issues with food, it been pretty darn good and plentiful to be honest. I've been posted to five different camps here in country, not to mention "passing through" many more. I've never had an issue with the KBR contracted dining facilities. Shortages sometimes?...yes, that's to be expected. But no issues like what was mentioned in the OP. I just haven't seen it personally while here, so far.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

If this should be shouted at anyone, its you...

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

[edit on 12-12-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Imagine that - Halliburton have been caught not doing their job AGAIN.

A no bid contractor with close ties to the VP (who still owns shares) getting away with not fulfilling their contracts or doing a half assed job.

Who'da thunk it.....

For some truly disgusting stories and examples of taxpayer rip offs, just google halliburton and KBR.

It beggars belief - and the taxpayer

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Perhaps it would be prudent not to bad mouth KBR or Halliburton to much.
Or else when hauled off the the reeducation/detainment camps for rabblerousers such as yourselves; be fed said rotten food.

Not only is the US a Kleptocracy it's also a Corppratacracy. And no matter who sits in the WH, it's not gonna change.

The military, the taxpayers are pawns in some game where the rules are only known by a few elite gamesters.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I see what you are trying to say, but this isn't about the soldiers - it is about the contractors who rip off the government and the taxpayers by not doing their job properly.

Whatever anybody's feelings about Iraq, we should never forget that the majority of these soldiers are doing a difficult job and are putting their lives at risk because the politicians have sent them to do that job.

If we didn't have armed forces, we would be in a much worse position than we are.

The fact that the leaders have misused the troops should not be a reflection on the troops themselves - if they are there and if contractors are being used, then the contractors should be doing their job properly.

BUT, again the politicians are turning a blind eye to mismanagement and no small amount of corruption by the contractors.

My own personal stance is that I abhor this war, and the war in Afghanistan which was foisted upon us under false pretences by the politicians.

Yes there have been examples of atrocities, bad behaviour and trigger happy personnel.

But these are the minority, and we shouldn't forget that the majority are doing what they believe is right, because that is what they have been told is right.

This is not WWI or Vietnam, and there are no troops parading with babies on the end of thier bayonets.

There is a fair bit of badness happening, but there is also a fair bit of good as well, by people who are willing to risk their lives - no matter how misguided others believe that might be.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

no no no..

I support the PURPOSE of the war... .. I don't think you do though..

but I .. DON'T support troops complaining about mistreatment.

you see.. they got conned into doing something someone else wanted them to do by tricking them into thinking they were doing something they thought they felt right about.

they were that stupid .

stupid enough to do that.

stupid enough to fall for it all.. but no..

...stupid enough to be the first in line to kill other people for money so what the hell ever man.. say all you want.

there's no "human rights" here.. there's no "ooo we should help them out with this or that.

they're freaking idiots man... let them do what money tells them to do. or let them do what .."government" says is the right thing to do..
I don't care.

doesn't matter to me.. IT WOULDN'T MATTER TO THEM IF I WAS IN THEIR SHOES!

I know why the hell they're there.

they're there to make sure poppy seeds grow to fund black ops and search for technological remnants from ancient civilizations.

AND THAT'S WHAT I SUPPORT.

end of freakin story bro.

-

[edit on 12-12-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

they're there to make sure poppy seeds grow to fund black ops and search for technological remnants from ancient civilizations.

AND THAT'S WHAT I SUPPORT.

end of freakin story bro.

So you support the growth of the poppy fields and want that to continue?

Yeah "BRO"

You're really on the ball.

This thread has nothing to do with that - it's to do with Halliburton.

Care to address the issue?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This sounds like a 'food for oil' scam, only it's not about rotten food but alleged corruptions of projects in Iraq, Kuwait, Balkans and NIGERIA! So maybe these 'wars' are smokescreens to other activities related to whatever: poppy seeds, oil, food, etc...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Geez, you're right. NdA notwithstanding, I have to come clean on this issue.

Whenever I've deployed in support of OIF or OEF, my section was briefed on just this subject.

We were transported to the underground lair of Doctor Strangelove, given mind-altering drugs, and brainwashed into keeping the poppy harvest on schedule.

Also, our secondary mission was the extracting of any technological remnants from ancient civilizations. The hunting of OBL in Tora Bora was just a clever cover. We actually went into the caves, looking for anything that might have been left behind from the ancient race of Ewoks and hobbits that lived in that region. My Delta Force team was bushwacked by a local Taliban unit led by a turncoat Ewok codenamed Jar Jar Binks.

Lotta good men died that day.

Thanks for helping me come clean on all that, Bro.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Almost clever sarcasm, but perhaps a little research might be in order.
www.nytimes.com...
www.cam.net.uk...
www.a1b2c3.com...

and

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

Now why are we in the ME, and serving our brave military rotten food???

[edit on 12-12-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join