It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks back to bulletproof barriers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This week I stopped in a branch of the well known back I use. This branch was in a well trafficed area of a town that is well peopled. This bank had a couple months back started using an armed guard, and it would seem they've now reintroduced the bulletproof glass barriers between the bankers and the tellers.

I thought this must be a sign of the times? Or is this a sign of things to come?

Has anyone else noticeds this?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good post, lets all post anything we see that is alarming at banks.

Is the bank you mentioned have robberies lately?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingAround

That's just the creepy thing about it. This bank is in a relitivly nice area. It is within walking distance to a mall and many other shopping centers.

I don't keep up with the news, but I've heard nothing about that bank being robbed.

The area is heavily policed. It's one of those areas that are central to most things, and you could stand on and watch the world go by.

That's the creepy thing about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The bank I worked at in my younger years had an armed guard and still got robbed. People dont realize that bank vaults dont carry millions. On a lucky day the vaults can carry a few hundread thousand in cash. The teller drawers typically carry 3 to 5 thousand depending on bank policy. As for the bullet proof windows, it never made sense to me. All the robbers would do is threaten the customers and the tellers would fork over the cash anyway. If someone is desperate enough to rob a bank its realtively easy to do. But the response of cops is pretty good and cameras are all over. The hard part is not being found later.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by solarstorm]

new topics

top topics

join