It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santiago UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I apologize if this footage has been posted, but it sure is hard to see if it is anything like, planes, kites, flares, helicopters, balloons.

And you'll have to wait until that camera man steady's his hand, then you'll see some interesting footage.

Thoughts?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks to me like a line of airplanes on an approach for a landing after being in a holding patter.

Is that an airport I see to the far right every now and then as the camera shakes???? I think I even see the runway strobe running lights too.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Just a guess, but it looks like a group of helicopters with spotlights.

Video: Nocturnal lights. Occam's Razor: Helicopters with spotlights on an exercise.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Looks to me like a line of airplanes on an approach for a landing after being in a holding patter.

Is that an airport I see to the far right every now and then as the camera shakes???? I think I even see the runway strobe running lights too.

Cheers!!!!

Could be.

I am not an expert I just didn't think planes were that close together when they were in the air or approaching for a landing.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Cheers!!!!

I have to agree looks like planes. At firs thought maybe flares because at 0:59 there is a trail coming off one of the lights, but the the circle type pattern of movement seems to indicate it's aircraft not flares.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Several aircraft may fly the same holding pattern at the same time, separated vertically by 1,000 feet or more. This is generally described as a stack or holding stack. As a rule, new arrivals will be added at the top. The aircraft at the bottom of the stack will be taken out and allowed to make an approach first, after which all aircraft in the stack move down one level, and so on.

Wikipedia

So no, they are not airplanes since they are clearly horizontal and close to each other.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Cheers!!!!

Could be.

I am not an expert I just didn't think planes were that close together when they were in the air or approaching for a landing.

If it's military aircraft then chances are they would stay in a tight formation. Just too hard to say from the video of exactly what type of aircraft but appears to be man made in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I can't believe how many threads are popping up on this one after I posted this on the 9th.

I thought it was an open and shut case of aircraft.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Nothing is an open-and-shut case on ATS!

There's always those who won't accept the obvious. That's what makes ATS so fun.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I can't believe how many threads are popping up on this one after I posted this on the 9th.

I thought it was an open and shut case of aircraft.

Nope sorry not aircraft.

Several aircraft may fly the same holding pattern at the same time, separated vertically by 1,000 feet or more. This is generally described as a stack or holding stack. As a rule, new arrivals will be added at the top. The aircraft at the bottom of the stack will be taken out and allowed to make an approach first, after which all aircraft in the stack move down one level, and so on.

Wikipedia

So no, they are not airplanes since they are clearly horizontal and close to each other.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I've seen planes on approach in holding patterns to LAX. It looks like a road in the sky viewed from head on.

However, this would be from the side vantage point, and last time I checked, planes don't move this rapidly at such a far distance away.

Couple that with the fact that there's many, MANY more Santiago videos out there including this one:

www.youtube.com...

Please try to tell me these are planes in a holding pattern.

top topics

join