It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know for sure about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is a question was recieved in a U2U for me, and I put such a responce down I thought It would just be best to post it as a thread. Question was:

Hey there, i've been keeping tracl of your comments on some of the 2012 threads going around, and you seem to be very knowlegable on the subject. As such I have a few questions for you...

...what makes you so sure that this prophecy hold merit over all the other "End of life as we know it" prophecies?

I hope you understand I try to come across very logical. I am very logical and I feel clear cut communication of expressions very much a requirement for passing understandings from one person to another. And although the things I have to say might be tainted in taboo, I try to show I am of "sound mind" as many of those that would stray away from any topics.

I have heard people claim they they as children would play all day with their firetrucks or easy bake ovens and that this was a sign that they were to become a fireman or a baker in life. People claim that they knew they were to become this or that in life as children.

I myself could be seen in such a light. I myself knew I was born into the "end of the world". I would say such and people would automatically associate religious teaching taught in household, but I grew up in a mostly nonreligious household.

In 1988, highschool graduation year, I watched a Nostradamus documentary "The man who saw tomorrow", and I realized the true nature of those things I knew since childhood. It was at about that time I started truly researching the "end of the world" phenomenon. I never placed a "date" on it, only knowing it was in some time in my lifetime. I would discuss with others my findings, and they would say it sounded like I was talking about 2012.

I came to some personal understandings of events to do with the phenomenon that I thought were absolutely crazy. It was basicly in 1994 that I figured the majority of the phenomenon out. I had my own understanding of the endtimes model and I knew what it looked like. I tryed to pass the infomation along but I was recieved as "nutty" and this made me just put it all away. I always figured I could foresee the events 5 years down the road, and that would give me ample time to do what ever it is I had to do.

Well, when the about 5 year mark came around for the 2012 date I was shocked to see it fit the model and then some. I have over the last year been looking at many of the "as seen" seperate prophetic statements about the 2012 phenomenon and I see them all fiting in to a larger and more plumped up understanding of the fuller picture of the 2012 phenomenon.

This event is global. There are many conscious levels of understanding involved. The 2012 phenomenon should not therefore be some flat 2 dementional perspective if it is to be a real phenomenon. Anyone that views it as such only sees what they want to see.

The 2012 phenomenon is the next evolutionary state of mankind. However some wish to imagine that works on a "man" (personalized) level. The 2012 phenomenon is the return of "the watchers" and Nurbiru in the context to the historic events that started this planet into unknown evolutionary paths. However some wish to see a planet, when a proper study of such shows that those events happend hundred of thousands of years ago and any such planet is long gone.

Even the term, "end of the world as we know it" is truly correct out of context. As the planet nor mankind is going anywhere. It's just that the planetary WORLD cycle is about to come to the end.

The 2012 phenomenon is a global event and therefore should in turn have global aspects to it. Each of the world's prophets have a stake in this event. Each tell of an area of predictions. Put together you see a more global picture evolve.

I know because my research is myown, my model is my own and it accounts for all minor phenomenons in one larger 2012 phenomenon. I know because I've been watching the world turn and things coming to pass and things getting set up most my life. I know I know.

Alot of people want to discredit prophetic statements. I personally understand the power of such statements and the reality. My model of understanding is based in a frame of prophetic statements. It has walls of scientific facts and it has floors and roof of historic record both forward and backward looking

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A few of the strange coincidences have me a bit "concerned". Not just the specific date of 2012 from the Mayan mind you.. just that many of the known "predictions & prophesies" all kind of "join up or intersect" around this time period. Add That to the crazy world events of late.

Prophecy of St Malachy: Were on the last Pope I think as there is some disagreement if this is the current or the posiblility of another afterwards for a short time.

(In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.

www.catholic-pages.com...

King of Terror: 1999: Nostradamus’ most famous doomsday prediction warns future generations of a King of Terror descending from the skies in July 1999. (Does this mean being born or taking power?) Anyway a hard date of 1999 is a bit scary not to mention all these prophets always talk about 3 world wars.... not 5, not 8, but every one I have seen that mentions wars has been 3 (anyone have anything that notes more or less?)

Bible : (There are many that in the last half of the 20th century have come true but a few that stick out are

It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number. (Again a hard number that could only be achieved in this time in history, only a few countries in Asia could field a 200 million man army.)

Asia possesses resources for a 200-million-man army (Rev. 9:14-16)
www.youtube.com...
duncanlong.com...

Gospel Preached to the Whole World: Pope John Paul II has traveled to 70-plus nations during his pontificate, preaching the gospel to millions. The Rev. Billy Graham recently conducted a week-long crusade from Costa Rica translated into every language on the planet and broadcast via satellite around the globe. With Communism's collapse, Christian radio and TV are now reaching into almost every nook and cranny of planet Earth. "...and this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached to the whole world and then the end shall come." Mt. 24:14.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Bible: Revelation;

The beast that rose up out of the sea of people has seven heads, one head having 3 horns, the 3 horns being 3 rulers that would wadge war. The 3 horns equates to 3 rulers to wadge war on the world. 3 world wars.

However from my perspective, there's only one world war. It begins at the point where the nations of the world can actually wadge war on eachother and ends when the world unites or at least a power rises to such stages of world glory that it can curb the world being at war.

Originally posted by infolurker
Prophecy of St Malachy: Were on the last Pope I think as there is some disagreement if this is the current or the posiblility of another afterwards for a short time.

There is no disagreement there. It's recorded fact that the original document has 111 numbered popes. The "112th" pope was a mistake in printing.

We are on the "last pope" now. The last statement that is unnumbered could be the pope that is in office now or could be a pope that takes the seat for a short time. At any rate the Propecy of Malachy boils down to a random number generator. Being that each man's (popes) age wasn't a fixed or known number the list of 111 popes could have exausted itself in only 200 years from it's printing 800 years ago or it could have ranged a couple more hundred years into the future.

People have to have strong blinders on themselve to pass the election of the last number pope in association with the 2012 date to be less then only chance.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

So how will you feel if everything is normal in 2012?
Not trying to flame or anything, but will you feel let down?
Are you living your life like there's almost 3 years to go?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings

This event is a 20 and 7 year event. the seven years runs from 2009-2016. The 20 years is the approaching of that seven years. I understand we're already in the event. I've understood it for many years. We're on the brink if not already within the world war, the geographical events are lineing up. The world economy is just a couple of strong breezes from world wide colaps.

Question really is, when are you going to wake up and smell the coffee?The evens are already in progress.

Nostradamus discribes the 3rd world war as 20 and 7 years. Have we been at war for 20 years?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It would seem a lot of people have arrived at the same conclusion by different paths.

Looking at it from different angles and perspectives.

I like you assumed I was born into the end time as being the only logical time through the sheer odds of dumb luck.

Intelligent dumb luck.

I too saw the same documentaries in the late 80's and realized in a moment of total awareness during the 1st Gulf War that it simply was what it was.

I have tried to dismiss it for the sake of others and to enjoy those moments and learn through the experience but I believe it will happen.

I don't think we have anything to truly fear though, we have all gotten this far, and are, how ever where ever I think we will still be, and always have and will.

It would seem the real challenge is facing the challenge as positive and an opportunity instead of a loss as being a victory.

An achievement and I think that is what we will find it is really about despite its trials and tribulations.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Part of me would feel relieved that man may have changed enough to put off the inevitable a bit longer... a smaller part of me wonders if that is possible or if it is truly "destined".

Let's face it though, we would not be having this discussion of not for the "hard dates" and "end of countdowns" that we are seeing now.

If the Mayan calendar had a hard date in the past or in the far future, we would not be even talking about it.

If St. Malachy had "run out of Popes" already or had a few left, we wouldn't be talking about it.

If nostradamus had not mentioned 1999, Hister, etc. we would not be talking about it.

If the events of the "end times" from the bible were not unfolding before our eyes, we would still be speculating.

So many sources written / created so long ago all segmenting on this timeframe.... interesting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There just are alot of lose strings, as I see it, that could be researched and understood. I mean I understand that after the fact of the eventing phenomenon the research will be next to useless, but that we're going through this, very natural and scientificly understandable, event that has been a mystery of prophecy for thousands upon thousands of years.

Every answer just being a couple of clicks away and such. The answers in this time of revealing are only limited to your ability to question and view truth unbiased.

When you research deeply enought the prehistory of this time period you see the charactors playing in some epics upon epics story plot line.

You can read of "prophetic" events and reason out how they might scientifically happen. Then you just need find the reports already prepair, documentaries, and the picture reveals itself.

Take for example "The Tower" image, popularized in taro decks, nostradamus's lost book, and other sources. The Tower is a representation of the "World" mankind civilization at the period of its ending as the HIGHTS of human effort crash down in flames. This is an arcaltype phenomenon, and althought many seen it in the new york twin towers, they have neglected to understand the truer meaning. You can take a page out of the tower of bablot. The tower was built to reach the highest point ever reached from the face of the planet to that mankind could accend. Compair that with the international space station and ad in understanding upon massive solarmaximum cycles the electronics of the station can fry sending that peak of human reach off the face of the planet crashing down in massive flames. Then look at the prophetic statements again!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Just in my adult lifetime there has been three end of world predictions: 1986, 1999, 2012. Do you see a pattern here? Strange how it seems to be every 13 years.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m
Just in my adult lifetime there has been three end of world predictions: 1986, 1999, 2012. Do you see a pattern here? Strange how it seems to be every 13 years.

No, you're mistaken. People have been heard to say dozzens of more dates then you have listed. However it doesn't matter what people say. The mayan calendar has been pointing at the same date for over 5000 years. So too have other timeless items as pointers, however it is the alignment of historic, scientific and global prophetic statements upon that date that is the no-brainner. At no time has their been a global understanding shared globally with global history and prophecy.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's no doubt something will indeed happen in 2012. This I'm convinced about. No other date in history has received so much attention as everything about it aligns with historical, scientific and even biblical documentation. How can we ignore all that?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about 2012. I'd be a fool not to be worried. Ignoring warnings or signs of any kind is simply foolish, even if nothing actually does happen. At least knowing and trying to prepare is a better alternative.

Too much stuff is happening right now in the world that seems to align with biblical prophecy. Too much scientific breakthrough (and also secrecy) has been unveiled that cannot go unnoticed. Too much evidence of this planet's geographical history makes it impossible to conceive that cataclysm would never happen again.

It sucks that this could happen in our lifetime. The feeling sucks realizing that perhaps in less than 4 years I could be seeing a violent end to my very own life. It sucks that it seems there's not a whole lot I can do about it as a survivalist.

All I can do is believe in the bible as it is the only source that actually puts forth a positive ending. If God is real (I believe he is) and if Jesus is real (I believe he also is) then despite the doom and gloom we'd be facing, there is that beacon of hope we need to cling onto. We have to. The sake of every person's sanity depends on it as 2012 will no doubt mark a very nasty year as fears will heighten to new levels and everything is just going to be too insane.

I hope 2012 isn't as bad as feared, I really do. Not simply because I wouldn't mind living a few more years as peacefully as I can, but I would really like my faith in God (and Jesus) be strengthened that much more when good actually comes out of 2012 instead of absolute destruction.

Most of us have been lucky. Most of us haven't had to endure a world war. We haven't had anything of that magnitude since the 40's despite some really close calls. On the natural disaster scale, these are running closer to home, but we're still considerably more fortunate than other parts who experience deaths and homelessness in numbers far beyond what we've had so far.

Earth has been overdue on certain events already. Is that mere coincidence or perhaps divine influence? I'm hoping it's the divine influence part myself because maybe, just maybe, divine influence will have an impact on 2012 and things won't be so bad. I have to think this way or else I'll go buy a gun and use it on myself.

I think we're all being warned and 2012 is the target date where we have to decide how we're going to go about it. If it is the end of the world as we know it, hopefully it's not the violent conclusion we're fearing. Hopefully it's the spiritual enlightenment part.

I've been jumping all over the place, from one site to the next about 2012 and all have their own theories about it. I'm at the stage now where I'd like to learn all I can from all sources and pay close attention to how the Earth has been reacting as of late and what our own solar system has been up to.

top topics

join