It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God has nothing to do with the Bible!.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you know anything about the story of God and mankind, then it should be clearly understood that all the "wrongs" that happen are because God gave the gift of "Free Will" to mankind.

God gives men and mankind "free will".

People with religious ties to "the bible" would have you believe that some how "God" had a hand in the editing of the bible. However that's a falsehood as it goes against the free will gift from God.

God had Nothing to do with the editing of the Bible.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anything that shows truth is a work of god. The problem is not that the bible is wrong, but rather than the way people read it literally is wrong. You can not expect to walk away with true understanding if you only hold a strict and literal interpretation of the bible. That is what the pharisees did, that was why they were wrong and had no real understanding. That is why they were the evil. Not because they tried to be, wanted to be, but because they were blind to the true understandings.

I learned truth outside the bible, mostly I think because I only saw the literal interpretation of it, as it is pushed by mainstream. But after I learned that truth, I did see it repeated in the words of Jesus. But not in the literal words, but in the understandings.

I think it silly to dismiss an entire book based on some peoples foolish ways. Dismiss the bad understandings, not the book.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Kudos! The Bible was written by MAN1. Some chapters were written as long as 100 years AFTER Christ lived.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the Bible, I might not have ever been saved.
God moved upon the hearts of men to write the Bible for our edification.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

If it wasn't for the Bible, I might not have ever been saved.

Saved from what?
Last time I checked, everyone eventually dies.

OP, good thread, I completely agree(but I'm still not buying that book).

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I agree with you here, the bible probably shouldn't be read like a report. This is something I read on ATS a long time ago and saved it because it rang so true to me. I wish I would have saved who wrote it to give them credit.

"I observed to them that the Bible wasn’t clear to me. It didn’t make sense. They told me that it contained spiritual truth, and that I had to read it spiritually in order to understand it. It should be read prayerfully. My friends informed me that it was not like other books. They also told me, and I later found out this was true, that when you read it prayerfully, it talks to you. It reveals itself to you. And you don’t have to work at it anymore."

top topics

join