It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BEAST that rose up had Seven Heads.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If I told you that the biblical "BEAST" from the book of revelation was in fact the residual animalistic tendencies of the evolutionary creature of man, and also that the seven heads of the beast equated to the seven negative traits of the residual animal creature, WHAT would you name the heads?

For example some people associate the seven heads with the seven deadly sins.

However I am thinking the heads need better refinement. I think one such negative evolutionary left over might be Anger/Aggression. One might be control over others.

These heads should be commonly practiced traits in the animal kingdom.

So the beast that rose up out of the sea of men was the animalistic nature negative traits of the evolutionary process. And those seven traits would be called what?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
anger is not a negative form of expression. That is just your opinion its like how happiness is most accurately described as a state of delusion. If anything anger is a positive trait that enhances our ability to express love and feel as people.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The seven deadly sins are:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

and viewed in the correct light these could be assumed correct, somewhat, but maybe the terms need to be refined or revisited. I'm sure you all have known at least one beastly person.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
According to the prophecy, one head had 3 horns and this is assumed to be the same head that the 3 "antichrists" stem up out of.

According to Nostradamus the first two antichrists to come were the one's to start the first and second world war. However how would someone refine exactly what trait that would be? It could be pride, or it could be wrath. However with understanding that it was based in nationalisim, maybe pride is more adiquite.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
If I told you that the biblical "BEAST" from the book of revelation was in fact the residual animalistic tendencies of the evolutionary creature of man, and also that the seven heads of the beast equated to the seven negative traits of the residual animal creature, WHAT would you name the heads?

Alan, Wayne, Merrill, Jay, Jimmy, Donny and Marie.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

six of those are good, but I'd have to use Ego for the seventh.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
good answer Merriman Weir ...

but i think the multi headed beast is the fabled Hydra

see:www.pantheon.org...

a Greek legendary beast, that lived in the swamps & terrorized people,
i submit that John in the book of Revelation, writing in Greek, used this 'Hydra' symbolism because he was familiar with it and it was part of his life/learning/culture....

and because the 'Hydra' is an 'Archtype' in the human collective memory...
and everyone gets the heebie-jeebies thinking about such a perpetually destructive creature which does regrow its wounded heads ....

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
good answer Merriman Weir ...

but i think the multi headed beast is the fabled Hydra

see:www.pantheon.org...

That's always been my non-Osmond take on it too. It's like the general advice given to (song)writers: 'write about what you know'. This kind of monster would have definitely had cultural resonance for the thrill-seeking readers of Revelation.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wrong, since there is no evolution. The beast with seven heads is the seven hills surrounding the Vatican. Only two possibilities left for the final beast...it's either Catholicism, or it's Islam. That's it folks, it's on of those two. Interesting that the Whore rides the Beast, for a time anyway, but ultimately the Beast and his kings destroy the Whore. Possible the beast will be the next pope, using the church, but ultimately it's him that wants to be God, thus he destroys the church (it's a false church anyway). Interesting too that in Revelation, the Bible warns it's people to come out of her (mystery Babylon) so that they not take part in her destruction. Are they being told to leave a land...or are they being told to leave a religion. Truth is, there are many Christians within catholicism (tricked, deceived, just stupid), so it would make sense for the Lord to tell people to come out of her before it is destroyed for being the whore (false religion) that it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Ginger=lust
Mary Anne=envy
Professor=pride
Mr. Howell III=greed
Mrs. Howell (a.k.a. Lovey)=sloth
The Skipper=wrath
Gilligan=gluttony (have you seen this boy eat?)

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

You can use, name, the seven heads what ever you want. Some might see commonly used term "EGO" as "PRIDE".

Personally, I'm looking for an over bloating and cross cut perspective. So name them dasher, dancer, prancer and vickson if you like.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wonder how that would tie in to the being that is supposed to open the seven seals in revelations (the Lamb part makes me think it is talking about Jesus, not to mention bible scholars say that Jesus will indeed be the one to open them).

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. ~ Revelation 5:6

Kind of a creepy picture being depicted.... wouldn't be too fond of seeing "this" coming down out of the clouds. *shudders*

as far as your question? I have no guesses.
Kind of cryptic and creepy stuff. The kind of stuff that makes up nightmares.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The scroll with the seven seals is directly related to the returned "Christ" having a "name that only he himself knows". The "seals" are the uncovering of books/scrolls and the unsealing of truths within those books. The first four seals are generally:

Old Testimate
New Testimate
Dead Sea scrolls
Nag Hammadi Library

More accurately they are books/papers within those documents

and the fifth seal is the Urantia book.

The "Name only he knows" is Michael.

1. In the book of Daniel (OT) it is said in the time of the end Michael Stands Up.
2. In the book of Revelation (NT) Michael is named as the warror of truth.
3. In the book of _____?____ (DSS) Michael is associate with Melchizedek.
4. In the book of Melchizedek (NHL) Michael is associated with the Christ.

5. The Urantia Papers tells about the creator sonship of "Jesus" as Michael.

At this point only 5 seals have been opened.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If the name that only He knows is Michael, then that is just silly. Can't be Michael since obviously, as you just proved, it is not the name that only He knows.

But interesting nonetheless. Michael certainly plays more of a role in the Bible than he is given credit for. I have actually heard a well thought out theory that Michael and Jesus are one in the same. Anyway, I know it is off topic, so carry on.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

No if you think about it, the seven heads are part of the G8 nations.

The beast rode on the 7 heads (nations) and the beast makes the 8th of the nations.

So in other words the anti - christ is the G8 nations.

I still firmly believe that Bush is the anti-christ - or he at least is part of it and made the way for the anti-christ.

Plus research the way Washington D.C. was built. You will find it is all anti-christ symbols throughout. Including the pentagram that is above the White House and the White becomes the base of the pentegram.

So whoever is President is doing the bidding of the anti-christ - devil.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The Bible often times, uses animals to symbolize kings and governmental powers. This is done today as well:

Russia: the bear
USA: the eagle
China: the dragon
G. Britain: the lion

Daniel's vision of four beasts (which represented governmental powers) can shed some light on the meaning of the beast with seven heads in John's vision.

The beast in John's vision was like a leopard, but it's feet were like a bear and it's mouth was like a lion. So as you can see, there are similar features to the beasts in Daniel's vision. However, it is very different in that it has 7 heads.

Generally, the numbers 7 and 10 in the bible are symbols of that which is "complete" or "whole". This corroborates what John says about the extent of the beast's dominance, not just over one nation, but "over every tribe and people and tongue and nation" - Rev. 13:7,8 (compare with Rev. 16:13,14)

Commenting on these aspects, The Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible
makes the following observation: "the first of these beasts (of Rev 13) combines in itself the characteristics of the four beast in Daniel's vision... there fore, this first beast represents the combined forces of all political dominance that oppose God in the world". (G.A. Buttrick edition, 1962, vol. 1, pg. 369)

The Dragon identified in Rev. 12:9 as Satan the Devil gives the beast with 7 heads it's authority and power (Rev. 13:1,2)

[edit on 29-11-2008 by holywar]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

If the name that only He knows is Michael, then that is just silly. Can't be Michael since obviously, as you just proved, it is not the name that only He knows.

Well I know that!
But do you?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Please elaborate. Now it just seems like the typical games that people try to play w/ religious texts. I know what I stated and I know the sense that I made in it and the lack of sense in what you said.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Please elaborate. Now it just seems like the typical games that people try to play w/ religious texts. I know what I stated and I know the sense that I made in it and the lack of sense in what you said.

Knowing the "Name" of the second coming of Christ is pointless. Sure I can know the name and understand the meanings but if someone came up to me and said "Hi I'm Michael and I'm the second coming of Christ" I'd not unlike you turn and walk away quickly. The name has weight and meanings that are personal to the christ himself, so that he might understand the true nature of the name and "KNOW" the reality of himself within the name.

Understanding what the name is doesn't equate to the knowing the deeper meanings of the name nor having to carry the weight of the world on your back by having such understandings.

So people can truly assume to understand the knowing of the naming of the name, but non sept the true Christ Michael knows the weight.

The true "Son of Man/God" is more human they they've painted him in the bible. The book of revelation is part the self revealing forgoten/lost understanding of himself unto himself. That's the having a name only he knows.

It is that phase that is the "comes like a thief in the night", unknown and unseen by those sleeping. Too many confuse the "Comes like a flash across the sky" as the "second coming" but there is a whole another first phase to the second coming that is only understood by he himself.

Do you understand?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

maybe it would be better to try to explain it this way. You have a name, and that name is you. I don't know your real name so I'll use your user name. Your user name is justamomma. You are justamomma. You go away and then you come into a world where people to the left and right are trying to tell everyone they are justamomma. It's gotten in such a way that just saying "I am justamomma" automaticly stamps you as a "Crazy". It's a taboo taint. However you know who you are, and you know you are justamomma. However you have to question who you are because so many crazies are saying they are "justamomma". So you are given a set of self realizing derectives "the scroll seals" that make you understand that you're not a crazy but that you are that "justamomma" that said they would return.

Now does that seem crazy?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join