It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 and Art Bell: 2 Thoughts for Skeptics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Don't know much about it, but, seemed interesting. haven't heard the call yet though will listen to it tommorow. It's late and I'm on a slow dial up. You can get the links from the original Area 51 Thread. It quit taking replies so I started a new thread.
You know just because someone says they're from Area 51 or some high level black hat group doesn't mean you should believe them. But, if you don't believe their claim, and they come back later to recant their claim, you can't just say, well, they recanted their claim, as a defense as to why one shouldn't believe them. If your argument is that you don't believe what anyone says just because they said it, you can't use anything they say at all to defend your position. If you say well either they are lying about their story or they are lying about recanting their story, either way they are a liar therefore shouldn't be believed at all, then what about witnesses threatened into recanting their testimony in other areas. Maybe, they lied from the start. But, there are times when it's highly improbable. Skeptics are fine, but, as a highly monitored discussion Forum ATSers should remember that agent provocateurs abound. Agencies and groups spend millions on PR campaigns and propaganda machines.
Even when I tell the truth I sprinkle it with doubt just to protect myself. I would love to teach what I know and avoid what I don't, but, the best I can offer is Scenarios and suggestions. Half the time I don't want to be believed. It's easier for me that way. Other times, I just wish others could learn from me as I learn from others openly and freely. But, in areas like Area 51, we almost have to weave a web of deception and dance a dance of non sequitors just to reveal anything at all. Like, if I said Barbell and turn on a dime, this would mean nothing to most all of you, yet, those who monitor from afar would lean forward in their seat and cringe intently, so alas you have already been told more than you should, unfortuanately, you don't know the secrecy of the research or the vessel through which it's conducted. So, on behalf of all of you who hold Above Top Secret and single alphabet clearances-Kudos to you GOD love ya, and don't be salty at me that sometimes I and others may let slip what is hard to hold on to. It's a wonder if certain of you can go very long without the desire to reveal tidbits yourselves.
So to this guy who called Art Bell's show maybe he was a hoax, it shows how little you really know. He even mentioned before it was cut off he might be triangulated. Easy enough, knowing Art Bell's particular satellite, backtracing the routers and hubs which service Art Bell's station, and using FCC mobile tracking utilities...he's not insane it could easily be done, easier still if he had a cell phone back then. Satellite cuts, coincidence? Who cares. The point is, not everyone is a quack. If you know you are lied to by your government, yet contend you do not lie yourself, why dismiss your neighbor if they are not government. Do you lack faith that you are not alone in your honesty. Do you believe we have all gone rogue and become liars. Be sceptical, but approach people as INNOCENT until you prove them guilty. I construct the truth as I know it carefully, so as to reveal without being revealed so to speak. I'd love for you all to learn the things I have firsthand. Yet, surely, you can agree a modicum of discretion is highly advisable in these areas. Could it be others must be discreet as well? Listen to this guys call, I will. Consider it from a point of genuine review and maybe, even if it was a hoax as he later claims, maybe, those within Area 51 would be encouraged to slowly come out of their shells as well. If you want truth, more often than not, you must prove, above all else, that you deserve the truth and can handle it with the calm and respect that it deserves, however the truth turns out.
Well, thats my rant anyways. My first thread- no links, but, please, be gentle.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's an old hoax from years ago and it's been proven over and over again to be just that.

If you were in a plane getting shot at would you be on the radio?

He came on later and admitted it was a hoax. Art admitted it was a hoax. The guys g/f admitted it was a hoax.

It was a hoax, clearly as anything.

Common sense is powerful enough but when you combine it with the truth you'll find that there's no way it wasn't a hoax.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

As crazy as the 1st call was, a man called back some time ago, and all he did was mimic the moaning/whining of the guy (which imho wasn't 100% convincing). If you consider that proof, well then there you go.
Honestly, many people knew of the original incident, including myself. All he (2nd caller) had to do was convince his girlfriend to lie... and spend some time practicing the guys moans.
For all we know, this guy could be a non-believer of the first call, and wanted everyone to shut up about it already.
It was strange for me, especially how the station lost satellite and full power, resorting to back-up generators.
I really don't recall Art Bell "admitting" it was a hoax.
Anyways, just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeyswiller

May well have been. I'll even go so far as to grant you that it was, personally I don't know. Still, my point is that whereas you have come with legitimate reasons to dismiss it, there are those who outright ruled it out on next to nothing. It's those types to which I'm referring.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Pepper

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck. I'll grant your opinion that it's not fake, you give a plausible reason why it could be denounced as fake. Therefore I would say it merits further investigation. It seems the logical thing to do would be to do a Voice Match Analysis of the two calls to see if indeed they are one and the same caller. Technology today is advanced enough to do it with remarkable enough accuracy to put the debate to rest. If they do not match, it can be assumed the caller was serious and the investigation into his claims from there. If they are, maybe the guy could be located and see if maintains his claim of a hoax. Or just dropped altogether. But, to just scream quack, or assume his recant wasn't motivated by extenuating factors seems foolish to me.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Okay, I'm A.D.D. and not really capable of sifting through such loquacious posts, but the only thing that jumped out of your post for me was the fact that you're still on dial up. Now THAT'S far out!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Art Bell has all but sold his integrity. Just how far out he stuck his neck for "Dr. Reed" should have been enough to end that man's carreer. Here is a small example of reasons to doubt anything that man says

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I heard this was a hoax but didn't the satellite go down at the same time?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think you are getting confused.

There have been 2 well known 'Area 51' calls to C2C.

First, there was the guy that claimed he was an ex-employee and went on to ramble in a hurried fashion about extra-dimensional beings and triangulation etc.

Then there was another caller that was supposedly calling from inside his light plane and was attempting to do a low pass over Area 51 to get photographs. According to the call, he was shot down by a strange looking AA weapon.

Both are fairly well debunked, albeit, still entertaining to listen to.

CALL 1 - EMPLOYEE

CALL 2 - PILOT

[edit on 1-12-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Art Bell is great for entertainment value, but when it comes to the truth he sucks ass.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hehe

I used that Art Bell Sample in 2003 to make a Techno Dance track!

top topics

join