It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to the U.S. from Saddam Hussein

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

A letter to the U.S. from Saddam Hussein

story.malaysiasun.com

He was executed 2 years ago next month. He wrote a letter to the American people just weeks before his conviction and execution. The letter was collected by one of Saddam's attorney's Ramsey Clark, who in fact asked him to write the letter. It has not been widely published so as a matter of interest on the eve of the second anniversary of his execution we publish the letter in full
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I will not post the whole letter, but excerpts of it are enough to get the point. I will not say if the letter is Saddam stating what many of us already knows, or if he was just standing his ground to the end, but he did make a few good points about how the US through thier own admission entered Iraq on false pretences.

Alot of what is written would not come as any kind of surprise to many of us. And more to the point, much of the letter you would expect from someone in his position, but to me, the comments made seem to ring true. Especially due to the fact the events mentioned have been speculated about for a long time and is now coming from the horses mouth so to speak.

Please know that I am not a Saddam sympathyser, but the letter is a compelling read, and one that makes you think.

I address you in this letter from the place of my confinement, as my attempt on the basis of my moral, human, and constitutional responsibility so that no one among you might say that no one came to us with a message of peace after the war began, refuting the arguments for it and desiring peace for you and for our upright, loyal, heroic people. And as I say this, I do no know whether my brothers and comrades who are leading the Resistance outside the prison have come to you with a letter before or not. That is because the "democracy" of your leaders has prevented me since my arrest and until now from getting newspapers and magazines or hearing radio and television and has isolated me from the world and has isolated the world from me so that I might not hear or see anything from outside my place of confinement.

Is this the true face of democracy and human rights that they advocate outside America!? Or have your rulers lied about it? This includes the killing of people in prisons and jails, some of them by means of the pistols of the American investigators. Or has all of this along with other details that would turn an attentive person’s hair white been concealed from you by your officials such that you do not know the truth!?

People of America, it still seems to me that the officials in your government are still lying to you and are not giving you true explanations of the reasons that led them to embark on their aggression against Iraq. In what they have said about the reasons they have deceived, from the starting point, not only the international community, and in particular the European Community but also the peoples of America themselves, knowing beforehand that the facts were contrary to what they were declaring. Untrue is what they said, after their lies were exposed, about having been deceived by their intelligence agencies and by the stooges that they brought along to serve as their puppets in Iraq, just as old imperialism and the old empires of the 19th and 20th centuries used to do.

Another lie was the claim of American officials that Iraq had links to what they called terrorism, although British Prime Minister Blair declared that Iraq does not have any ties to so-called terrorism and had no internationally prohibited weapons, forcing Bush to declare the same thing. Despite that, none of the important American personalities asked President Bush on what sort of rational analysis or what sort of realistic information this claim rested. Do you know, esteemed ladies and gentlemen, why they didn’t ask? Because some of your prominent personalities are directed in what they do by hidden forces that distorted the image you received of Iraq’s positions. They had been laying the groundwork for years to facilitate aggression from the start.

Do you know, esteemed ladies and gentlemen, that I asked one of the American officials who talked with me perhaps two weeks after my arrest, just what was it that you based those false charges on? He said that as far as the weapons of mass destruction were concerned, "we didn’t have anything to confirm what you were saying." And as for the links to terrorism, he said, because you, Saddam Hussein, did not send a letter of condolence to President Bush after the incident [of 11 September].

story.malaysiasun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Great find, I hadn't heard anything about this letter. I would not exactly call Saddam a credible source, but it still is interesting to hear what he has to say. Sounds like much of America is not in agreement with him, we were lied to.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I do not have sympathy for Saddam, however, as another human being, we did not have the right to hang him, just because he committed atrocities, such as our own have committed, where is the real justice?

Judgement day will tell.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I do not have sympathy for Saddam, however, as another human being, we did not have the right to hang him, just because he committed atrocities, such as our own have committed, where is the real justice?

Judgement day will tell.

You must want the terrorists to win. This type of anti-Americanism emboldens the enemy. We are all--now--at grave risk. Thanks.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wow. Saddam should have been hung years ago. I think we had every right to hang him. When you read about the acid baths, torture and murder that were all commonplace in his regime, how can you not want to hang him? What would you have done to him, life in prison?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by dgtempe

Wow. Saddam should have been hung years ago.

Maybe he he should, maybe he shouldn't. But was it for the US to decide and carry out? Consider the pretence they did it with. If they were solely after him, why continue with thier efforts after they had him.
Especially since

Another lie was the claim of American officials that Iraq had links to what they called terrorism, although British Prime Minister Blair declared that Iraq does not have any ties to so-called terrorism

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
the US did not decide that he should be hung. the iraqi judicial system did.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
On the surface sure. But who/what was this instigator with the end result in mind from the start?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Now was it not his country that hanged him and not America?......The last I looked we can not hang people in our country. His people knew him better than us and that was there decision.............Just my two bits.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/26/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Just before he was swaying dead, Saddam cursed the USA and Allah took care of the rest. It's funny to see Paulson and Bernanke trying to undo the curse. The only chance to undo it was to elect a prez who was born Muslim. But what would be the chance of that happening?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Saddam.
George Bush (both of them)

Pot / Kettle(s).

Enough said...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very interesting letter, I've always thought certain things surrounding Saddam would slowly filter though.

It makes more sense to study a virus to learn how to prevent it and stop it coming back rather than just keep killing it every time it shows up... in the long run this would prevent casualties...

I look at execution in the same way.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

One thing is obvious.

As Dale Carnegie says in his books, Saddam felt that he was justified.

His country was attacked and the most vile tactics carried out on his people. The aggressor in this situation, the US has a narrative of not just Democracy, but Justice for all, and a with a man that was elected primarily by Christians.

What a justapostion that must have been to him. I don't care how evil the man was, America dropped it's standards the last 8 years as it relates to Justice. He felt that he was Justified.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
On the surface sure. But who/what was this instigator with the end result in mind from the start?

He was not tried as a terroist. Him having ties to terroist was never brought up. What was brought up was witnesses with acid burns, missing limbs and mothers, fathers, sons and daughters of those that were arrested and tortured to death.

I feel no sympathy for him. He had been condemning the US every chance he got. Do you not think this was just another way for him to condemn us? You have to admit, he was consistent.

Also, he told one of his interrogators that he led on that he had WMDs and was defiant to the US so as not to show weakness. Weakness he said would have given Iran a reason to attack Iraq.

His defiance may very well have caused this war.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Judgement day will tell.

Luckily for us, we didn't hang him, his own people did.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I do not have sympathy for Saddam, however, as another human being

I agree, I don't agree with the U.S. getting involved with foreign affairs, but the man was a murderer, and deserved to be kicked from his high perch by someone

[edit on 25-11-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

What about atrocities committed by US servicemen following orders.. bombing civilians on bad intel for example. Would you hang them and the intelligence agencies playing Russian roulette with peoples lives too?

Where is the line drawn, that is the question.

I do not disagree, Saddam was a very bad man. I would have preferred something more.. lasting than death, which is an easy escape for a man (sorry: slime) like him, George and the rest of the string pulling w@$*(&^rs in that US 'government'.

Interesting letter none the less. Thank you OP.

[edit on 25/11/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Saddam killed innocent people on purpose, U.S. soldiers do not, hardly a comparison.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Bad intel and mass murdering just for the fun of it is hardly a good comparison. I mean, one of his sons was put in charge of the Iraq olympic wrestling team and if one of them did not do good at an event he was tortured and kicked off the team. Do you think Saddam was not privy to that info? The man was a sociopath, he was truly a man without feelings for another human being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join