It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite Bells and Whistles, 'Office of President-Elect' Holds No Authority

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

President-elect Barack Obama is looking very presidential these days. When he makes an announcement, he is ringed by American flags and stands behind a lectern that has a very presidential-looking placard announcing "The Office of the President-Elect."

But the props are merely that. Under the Constitution, there is no such thing as the Office of the President-elect. Technically, Obama will not even become the president-elect until the Electoral College convenes after the second Wednesday in December and elects him based on the results of the Nov. 4 general election, as stated in the Constitution.

So what is Obama's executive authority in the weeks leading to Jan. 20?

Full article

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its called conditioning, something that is so easily done in American politics when you got a nation full of desperate sheeple so willing to be led into the barn of death.

Now suppose you replace those flags and gitter and glamour with backdrops of the death and bloodshead from the streets of war-torn cities and nations...what would be the impression then?

Yep..backdrops are a neat little tool of manipulation.

These days, alot of backdrops are CG generated while the subject on camera stands in front of a chroma-key board.

Weathercasters do that too. And they dont always get it right either.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
In my opinion, ( and I read his book, "My Father's Dreams") this sign is just an example of his own racisim, and his own insecurity. While, I think this man has potential, he is exremely insecure, as evidenced by his sign, and is trying to secure his place in Americn history.
Time will tell, boys, but keep your powder dry.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This guy had the word president on his jet seats monogrammed during the election process. He created his own presidential seal. It is no so much him that I worry about but his wife, who is obvioulsy a black woman with a HUGE chip on her shoulder who during the election process explained she was not proud of her country. If you thought Hillary was bad, you have seen nothing yet.

He is taking it to the next level with telling the country how he will change things 3 months from now and now promising change by 2011, right before he can attempt re-election. It will be interesting to see how he deals with an attack from Al-Qeada during his first 9 months of office.

I wonder if he will be able to pressure Pelosi and crew to come through on some of there 06 promises that never came.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Despite Bells and Whistles, 'Office of President-Elect' Holds No Authority

You mean we all have to wait until he is swarn in just like everysingle President before him?

That is strange

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
He isn't even the President Elect yet, well not officially anyways. The guy might do a good job, but he sure does have a big ego.

I will wait for the Bush haters to quote me and use it to bash Bush about his big ego.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Has this EVER occurred in the past? I mean, this guy has the biggest ego of any politician I have ever seen. This does nothing but interfere with the current administration and I feel is nothing more than a distraction. There is nothing he should do right now except figure out if there is room for his mother in law at the White house and maybe his long lost aunt in Boston.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by esdad71]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I really do not see the major problem... our current President "Mr.Bush" doesn't have the balls to come forward and talk to the US people... I think Obama is just trying to do what a President is supposed to do which is to comfort people and make sure that we know he is working for our country.

top topics

join