It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If Bigfoot is a technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What if Bigfoot as we now understand it is a biological technology, placed here to monitor and report on wilderness areas around the world.
Capable of avoiding contact and using alternate dimensions as a portal and pathway to a control area beyond our technological reach and understanding?
Unseen it moves at will capable of initiating or repudiating contact at will communicating its presence via olfactory or physical demonstrations at will or capable of leaving no trace at all...something akin to magic to our experience.
Like the Gray EBE's what if this living technology is the long term on planet reporting mechanism for unseen and perhaps less physically capable beings?
Just my thoughts what about yours?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Huh, never even occurred to me. I have to say that I am pretty skeptical of Bigfoot, but I like your thinking outside the box. If true, it would certainly explain why there is yet to be any real solid evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

Considering the Native populations have sighted Bigfoot for thousands of years, I don't think they would be a technology created by us. The evidence does suggest a large hominid, possibly the Gigantopithecus.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Um, I think OP was going for created by something else. Like a different dimension. While I don't really believe in Bigfoot, I will again state that I am intrigued with this individuals thought process. OP needs to do more commenting what with the fresh ideas and all.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Further to my original post, Michiu Kaku made a statement about Koi fish in a pond and a human hand being introduced into the Koi's element..and then from the Koi's point of view disappearing..to the Koi magic.
To me the bigfoot and the legend we have of it's presence could be interpreted as a biological technology introduced to conduct long term observation of the wilderness and human encroachment thereof. Our electronic communications are trivial for an advanced civilization to gather and master (Echo Flight Shutdowns being a case and point) I just wondered what other people might think of using a bigfoot as a tool rather than as a cryptid which seems to be as far as most people take the argument

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Star for originality, never heard this theory before. What if ancient mythological creatures could be linked to unknown technology, perhaps technology that wasn’t even made by man? Or technology made by time travelers and left to observe past species and humans? There isn’t a hint of evidence to this notion but I like the unorthodox theorizing.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Never heard anything like this befor, very interesting theory, to say the least. The only problem I am having with this whole concept is why they [the intelligent design behind Bigfoot] would create something so out of place in this world, something that would stand out.
Quite possibly there were many of these Bigfoot type creatures in the past and they simply created a replica of it so it would blend in. But, over time the originals died off, leaving the replica alone. I'd think they would upgrade or replace it with a current or common species to blend in.

I'm not trying to bash your idea, just trying throwing in my two cent on this very weird and abstract idea.

[edit on 11/24/2008 by Forest]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
According to Al Bielek, the monster at Montauk was a Bigfoot that was generated or made to materialize using nothing but the power of the mind.

Incredible what the mind can do.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Humans only uses 5 percent of their brain. If a bigfoot could use say... 30 percent of their brain imagine what they might be capable of.

There is evidence that some people have extraordinary powers. I believe that bigfoot have the ability to materialise and de-materialise at will because they have learned to harness that part of their brain.

I have no proof, just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Interesting theory OP...

I remember reading an account of a ranch where UFOs, cattle mutilations and bigfoot sightings happened on a regular basis, probably in a Timothy Good book (possibly even his first: "Above Top Secret" but not 100% sure).

Anyways, the link between UFOs and bigfoot intrigued me so the next day I picked up a book from the library on mysteries and scanned it for bigfoot pictures.

An image from the famous Patterson-Gimlin film jumped out at me, because if you look at the face you can imagine it to be a artificial creature, here, check out the eyes:

However, a better resolution shows the eyes to be less robotic looking:

The possibility of bigfoot sightings being alien worker robots is intriguing.

A bit of googling came up with the name of two ranches: Evans Colorado Ranch and Skinwalker ranch, both with high strangeness:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.abduct.com...

[edit on 25/11/2008 by alienanderson]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I agree with all that you say except I believe Bigfoot is another life form that has technology at his disposal. It can disappear and never leaves anything except footprints. I too believe they have a role in researching forests, but I believe they come in ships. I've heard they hang out on Mars.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Once a season, a migratory urge propels your biological hardware to move to a special location..migration for collection and dissemination of instructions.
As a technology..as opposed to a mechanism your advantage is the adaptation and evolution of a creature with a basic design that becomes finely honed over the thousands of years..becoming a formidable tool.
Our complete and utter inability to find photograph catalog and capture this creature..especially with the technological advances we enjoy..SHOULD have people wondering HOW is this large Hominid able to to DO the things I have heretofore described, Avoid Game Cameras...etc.
Bigfoot as an evolved tool for planetary research...now what would such a tool tell you about its maker? Extrapolate away

[edit on 25-11-2008 by SUNRAY06]

[edit on 25-11-2008 by SUNRAY06]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Bigfoot, huh?

Actually, Mosquitoes are a form of alien technology that was sent here to control the population of the "Earth Experiment" by introducing alien diseases into our bodies. They also monitor and sample our blood supply and genetic makeup. Diseases are introduced accordingly. Throughout history, many have mistaken the mosquito factor as one of an all powerful being - when in reality, death, disease, plague, famine, etc... are all controlled by aliens via the proxy mosquitoes that harvest our DNA.

Bigfoot is probably just a decoy!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Very humorous..and with your tongue planted firmly in your cheek you have made your point. Your idea is as valid as mine..arguable...but just as valid.
We can make just about anything an agent for an unseen master. The point I was trying to get across is WHAT IF...can we THINK about Bigfoot in another context beyond the cryptid hominid..Face it all animals leave scat...and yet we have no fur no scat no bones why? Are we so dumb we cant find it or are they so smart ..My thought is do they LEAVE IT AT ALL..
We cant find tracks...reliably
Habitat
Bones
Scat
Fur
DNA
Why to all these questions..BECAUSE IT DOES NOT EXIST.
Thats what skeptics say..but what if thats not the reason, what if it does exist and was made to in such a way as to be always hidden from view but always present.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sounds like someone watched an old episode of the $6 million dollar man.

youtube video here

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just shows to go ya...every thing old is new again..I may even have seen that episode years ago..just not consciously recall..thanks for the post..I thought my idea was an original concept but its not so...thanks
Star for you!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

That is the same thing I think of whenever a Bigfoot/Alien connection comes up here on ATS.
Then I remember Stephanie Powers in that tight outfit, pretty rough for a teenage kid going through adolescence.
.cna't even spell now, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

YOu know I have thought this of dolphins before. To further on your thought line dolphins might watch the waters while the yetis watch the land.

IF we screw one or the other too far we might get a "day the earth stood still" visit...

Nah. I don't like the idea of bigfoot tattle telling on my toxic waste operation.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heffo7

Humans use more then 5% of there brain although that's the first time I have read the 5% number, normally people try and say 10%. that is a misquote and people just repeat it.

www.snopes.com...

Knowing is half the battle!

To the OP I guess your idea was used in a million dollar man episode according to one of my employee's. It was tweaked a tiny but but very close.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Anyone know anything of the yowie?

Start here but do a google foe more info

Yowie is the modern generic, and somewhat affectionate, term for an unidentified hominid reputed to lurk in the Australian wilderness. It is an Australian cryptid similar to the Himalayan Yeti and the North American Bigfoot.

Yowie

top topics

<<   2 >>

join