It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opto camo , could it be made?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hello , I like video games have been playing them for years but have only ever thought of them as games . One of my favourite games is the Metal gear solid series .

In that series there is an camo suit you can get which makes you near invisible and you just look like a clear smudge shaped like a person . Now yes its just a game but something got me thinking . Have you guys seen those t-shirts that can play videos on them ? I think with the technology now out there in cameras and stuff you could have a full body suit made up of this stuff that can play videos and have heaps of little tiny optic cameras or sensors on it that could project the the surroundings seen on one side of the suit onto the other side so that you could sort of blend in .

It wouldn't be perfect but would be pretty good . What do you guys think?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yes, some day there will be that type of camo.

Japanese scientists spawn invisibility cloak

That should get you started. The technology actually is almost THERE.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
they have already invented optical camo. they have them in suit form for soldiers. and they have them for aircraft too. They can probably make one for any shape the way the technology is supposed to work.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Cool do you have any links to any demenstrations I would love to see this?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yeah this has been around for at least a few years. Who knows what the military actually has, wed never find out about it anyways. Heres a link to a Youtube video which displays the technology that Japanese scientists developed:

Youtube Optic Camouflage video

Here are some links to information about how this technology works:

science.howstuffworks.com...

www.wired.com...

This stuff is pretty wicked. Im sure that its advanced quite a bit and that theres someone else who has developed a full on invisibility capable suit.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Your post just reminded me that my best friend and I were talking to this guy who said he was a navy seal about 10-12 years ago. He told us all kinds of cool story's because he lived next door to my friend and would get drunk on the weekends.

He told us they use to have this exact suit but they only problem with it was it wasn't always real time. He had a story were they went inside a building and the others seals suits worked perfect and turned white to match the white hall. His stayed a dark green because they had infiltrated from the outside. I wish I could remember all the story's we were told because I know one had to do with possibly running into an alien body. We just though the dude was nuts.

Summary is, its been around for awhile but I'm betting it works pretty dang well these days. You should google invisible cloak. They use this technology or something close to it to work on a new invisibility cloth. It just tricks your eyes to think whats covered isn't there.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
would be nice to see how much they've been able to compact this technology.
i can't see it working practically in a "stealth suit" for yet due to the use of multiple
media to get the required effect.

your enemy aren't likely to stand there in goggles designed to make you invisible... lol

but a practical use would be in a headset designed to highlight movement.
allowing say soldiers etc to spot hidden enemies at night or in cover. by highlighting the mobile area.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hello all. Long time lurker and silent member here. So please pardon me if my post is not up to standard.

I recently came across this. NUFROC link to report Which is a UFO report from Taji (Iraq).

The sighting reminded me of some of the optic camouflage videos. One witness even describes it as "It was a square or diamond shaped mirror that you could see through" In said videos you sometimes have that mirror or "Predator" style effect.

The way the sighting is described as well as the way the object move. Not to mention the location of the sighting. Makes me conjecture. That this may be a "black project" sighting more than an actual "ufo".

Now this is purely conjecture, as it could just as well be a hoax. But still food for thought.

top topics

join