It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Racist Threats Over Computer Sent By Black Man Posing As White Racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

FBI: Racist Threats Over Computer Sent By Black Man Posing As White Racist

www.wwltv.com

A black man from Mississippi has been arrested and accused of sending racist death threats over the Internet to three black students at Louisiana's Nicholls State University.

The FBI in New Orleans said Dyron Hart, 19, was arrested Wednesday. He is accused of sending the messages by way of the students' Facebook accounts. The messages contained racial epithets and death threats and were sent to two black women and a black man at Nicholls State in Thibodaux, La.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama, Assassination, Threats

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A few days ago ATS was hit by this thread:
Obama election spurs race crimes around country.

And, as I posted on that self-same thread, there's a tendency within the black community to make up "hate crimes":
Black Student At Trinity Wrote Racially Offensive Web Posting
African-Americans Admit To Distributing White Supremacist Literature On UofL Campus
Minority Student Charged with Hate Crime at Trinity University
Black Hightower student ticketed for racial posters
Fire Dept Suspends Black Apprentice For Noose

(Note: Of course, the Media Cartel swiftly dropped these stories, as once the white supremacist angle became mythical - and not wanting to appear "racist" - they just weren't as interesting anymore)

However, while trawling the Internet, I found this interesting little piece:

In the Third World and within populist ideologies, the manufacture of a mythical danger is a part of the consolidation of a regime. It creates sympathy for the sitting leader and grants him moral power to increase the security apparatus. While we don’t have evidence that the news agency is promoting such activity, we can clearly see a pattern, and perhaps even a strategy, in the way the report presented the threat. From their own assertions, we see that the security sources are cautious and refuse to comment on the allegations of "hyper threats" while the writers insist on finding the menace in a flier posted on a tree or a silly game in some town's 7-11 shop.
Exclusive: Associated Press Pushes New Theme: Threats Against Obama.

Is it possible that the sudden rash of anti-Obama death-threats are a tool to endear the public to Obama/increase support for "security measures"? How many death-threats were made against George Bush while he was in office?

Interesting times, ATS.

Interesting times

www.wwltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I guess there is a "B" carver on every side of this isn't there?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
I guess there is a "B" carver on every side of this isn't there?

Exactly. I am getting sick of all of this reverse psychology crap. Seems like we get a few of these every week now.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Hart told an FBI agent that he sent the messages to "get a reaction," according to the agent's sworn statement.

Pretending to be white and threatening violence against black students? Threatening to kill 3,00 black people so he could "get a reaction". That is truly vexing. I don't really believe that was his only motivation though, there has to be more than that. Makes me wonder how many other "white racist" guys are really white.

But, it seems he "got a reaction", I'm sure it's one that he didn't expect he'd get either, hopefully this may send a message to any others out there doing the same thing, or thinking about doing it. But, I doubt it.

Originally posted by Chaoticar
Is it possible that the sudden rash of anti-Obama death-threats are a tool to endear the public to Obama/increase support for "security measures"? How many death-threats were made against George Bush while he was in office?

I wouldn't doubt it, but, I don't think it's that likely, but it can't be counted out either. I think people are using the fact that Obama is black and threatening violence against him, because it's obviously going to stir up a lot of tension. As it has been doing.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go ahead and say that a few stories don't make a tendency to for blacks to make up hate crimes within the black community. And that's nothing compared to the actual hate crimes committed against black people.

I don't see how this would be a reason to increase national security. I don't even see how this would be a reason for Obama to increase his own personal security. He is a half black man with ideas that are almost out of grasp with this country, he should already have security to the max.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
A sad fact of this world is that for as many different people there are, there is just as many types of racism.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forest
Pretending to be white and threatening violence against black students? Threatening to kill 3,00 black people so he could "get a reaction". That is truly vexing. I don't really believe that was his only motivation though, there has to be more than that. Makes me wonder how many other "white racist" guys are really white.

Hey, it's the easiest excuse:
Make the hoax "hate crime" into some sociological tripe about "wanting a reaction from minority students on racist attitudes", or other nonsense.

One does wonder www.latimes.com... a-na-plot28-2008oct28,0,2491720.story" target="_blank" class="postlink">why these guys never stated that they planned the assassination to "get a reaction"

Originally posted by Forest
But, it seems he "got a reaction", I'm sure it's one that he didn't expect he'd get either, hopefully this may send a message to any others out there doing the same thing, or thinking about doing it. But, I doubt it.

Well, I suppose the lucky thing about all this is that the police did identify that it was a hoax, but still...

Originally posted by Chaoticar
I wouldn't doubt it, but, I don't think it's that likely, but it can't be counted out either. I think people are using the fact that Obama is black and threatening violence against him, because it's obviously going to stir up a lot of tension. As it has been doing.

True, however there arises a point:
Most of these "threats" have been completely blown out of proportion: If my New Zealand self declared right here, and right now, that I was to assassinate Obama how many ATSers would believe me? Would attempt to get Interpol to bust me, or extraordinarly rend my sorry self to Guantanamo?

There are always going to be idiots making death-threats against U.S. Presidents, and Obama being "half-black" isn't going to help:
But neither will blowing said threats out of proportion.

Originally posted by Styki
I'm going to have to go ahead and say that a few stories don't make a tendency to for blacks to make up hate crimes within the black community.

True - hoax hate crimes transcend religion and race!!

And that's nothing compared to the actual hate crimes committed against black people.

What's your definition of a "hate crime":
We had a thread about a white soldier shooting a black soldier and - despite the black soldier declaring that there was no racial reasons behind the shooting - it turned into a "hate crime".

I don't see how this would be a reason to increase national security. I don't even see how this would be a reason for Obama to increase his own personal security. He is a half black man with ideas that are almost out of grasp with this country, he should already have security to the max.

I suppose the media is blowing the Obama is going to be assassinated by racists!111!111!! angle out of proportion for no reason whatsoever, right?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
false flag has proven too effective for people to pass the opportunity.

they don't seem to consider it poisoning the well, even though revelations such as these will cast everything into doubt and will therefore pave the way for atrocities people will simply choose not to believe in.

constant appeal to race is in itself racist, no matter how much these people pose as well-intentioned.

new topics

top topics

join