It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X - Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Can someone of you give me an info on all of the x planes that have been built or maybe just a list of them
so I can find info on my own

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Dude, just search on google for them. I'm sure you'll hit something.

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Long list of x-planes here...

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
thanx guys that's al I needed

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No problem, dude. Anytime you need something, just GOOGLE!!!

Mr. M

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here you go sir thanks to star and paralyz and me you will have a bunch i dont know if you need my input and im sorry if you dont. The link here provides information on the Classic X-Planes,Modern Age X-Planes,Odd Ball X-Planes,Unmanned X-Crafts,Missing X-Planes,Nearly X-Planes, Other Items, and X-plane videos of the X-3 and the X-15. Are you looking for a specific X-plane voraz if so please tell us we can help you out. Heres the link Link The next link includes the pictures of the following old and new x-planes: X-1,X-1A,X-1B,X-1E,X-2,X-3,X-4,X-5,X-15,X-24A,X-24B,A-29,X-31,X-33,X-34,X-35,X-36,X-37,X-38,and the X-40A Second Link Please Click Here Hope this is what your looking for and remmber use the search function if needed and if you need anything feel free to ask on here
good luck.

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Those are some very good links
Thanx Shadow- you'r the -man

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No problem man glad to help
need anything else on here? just ask away

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   
With respect to aerospace vehicles designated in the X-for-Experimental designation sequence, I should mention that the Bell X-16 wasn't an experimental aircraft but a reconnaissance aircraft, having been given a cover designation to hide its true role. The Lockheed X-7, the technology demonstrator for the Q-5/AQM-60 Kingfisher, was originally designated PTV-A-1, while the X-8, X-9, and X-10 were initially designated RTV-A-1, RTV-A-4, and RTV-A-5 respectively. The X-11 and X-12, like the X-9, and X-10, were technology demonstrators for a guided missile, being intended to test the flight behavior of the Atlas ICBM. The X-11 would have had one engine and the X-12 was to use three engines, because the original Atlas design had five rocket motors, but after hydrogen bomb tests in the Marshall Islands showed that the warhead for the Atlas could be made smaller and lighter, the Atlas ICBM was redesigned as a three-engine vehicle, and the X-11 and X-12 were cancelled, although elements of the X-11 and X-12 found their way into the SM-65A Atlas A and SM-65B Atlas B.

If you're still interested in US experimental aerospace vehicles with X-series designations, X-Planes from the X-1 to the X-60: An Illustrated History (written by Michael H. Gorn and Giuseppe De Chiara) is the latest recommended reading regarding these vehicles, because it includes the most recently designated X-series vehicles (the X-49 designation was initially skipped in favor of X-50 for the Boeing CRW because that aircraft was half airplane, half helicopter, but was eventually allocated to the Piasecki SpeedHawk experimental compound helicopter).

Links:
www.designation-systems.net...
www.designation-systems.net...

new topics

top topics

join