It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alzheimer's Disease Now Striking Americans in Their 40's

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't see anything in the WSJ article that says there has been an increase in Alzheimer's disease due to anything other than better and earlier detection methods.

Also, your topic implies that Alzheimer's is NOW striking earlier, but there has been a form of Alzheimers that strikes people below age 40 that was identified long ago, and accounts for 10% of all Alzheimer's cases.

Given that there are FIVE MILLION people with Alzheimer's, that would be about 500 thousand cases. It seems like a lot, but it is small compared to the total number of people with this disease.

Are you sure this "news" isn't just something to scare people? Maybe just to sell more vitamins or new "cures?" T

his is a very frightening disease, and we need clear and accurate information about it, not fear-mongering.

The major scientific concensus I've found on the web is that Alzheimer's is mainly genetic, and has nothing to do with diet. This appears to be especially true of early-onset Alzheimer's, which is called (over and over again, on the web) a "rare genetic disorder".

You may be right that there is an increase, but I don't see anything supporting this, other than people are living longer, treatments are getting better, and detection is better.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Stop it with the hippie news source bullcrap. Get the facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

Too bad Alzheimer's has been identified for over 100 years. You are not being poisoned by everything that isn't organic or "natural".

If the hippie people were right we would all be covered in tumors, have Alzheimer's and mad cow disease at the same time.

Maybe the cause of this early onset form of the disease is spreading rapidly from the amount of nonsense that one must read on the interwebs.

That would fry any healthy brain.

Where did I put my keys?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
this has to be from the aluminum found in many products we consume and use...

i've heard that 40%-60% of Alzheimer's patients have some sort of aluminum coating on the surface of the brain. the aluminum found in underarm anti-perspirant seems to be a major culprit...

EDIT: when did they start putting aluminum in anti-perspirants?? it seems like it would have been around 40-50 years ago...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by adrenochrome]

there's also a ton of aluminum in the majority of Baking Soda sold in the U.S.
most all baked goods is going to have that in it. (plus aspartame which breaks down the blood-brain barrier allowing the aluminum in)
Red Mill baking Soda is pure sodium bicarbonate. no aluminum.

-

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And if you weren't getting enough fluoride, most of your 'anti-depressants' are flouridated as well. We are simply causing our own demise. It's no wonder that health care is the only growth industry anymore. We are feeding on ourselves at this point. That can't last for long.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
[Depression is genetic? I had not heard that.

Can I get a source for this info? I'm not disputing it, but it is interesting to say the least.

TheRedneck

Here ya go:
depressiongenetics.stanford.edu...

www.allaboutdepression.com...

www.healthyplace.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

(scientific paper, somewhat dull)
depressiongenetics.med.upenn.edu...

...and in fact, it's "additive"... genetic factors can pile on to make the genetic depression worse and worse...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

(and so on and so forth. I can dump a boatload of of these things on you, but I think I'll spare ya.)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertPaulsim
Damn man. Im 32 and i have a very clear ringing in my ears, and i
sometimes forget words.... also, my grandma has AZ.

Tintinnitis is sometimes a precursor for deafness. It can be a sign of high blood pressure (seriously.) Talk to your doc and check with family/friends to see if it seems like you can't hear as well as others.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The main culprit is Teflon, non-stick frying pans etc. But no one will touch this with a 10ft pole, mega-billion dollar pervasive industry right there..

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't think this is caused by any ONE thing; I think it's a combination of nearly everything we consume, we breathe, we handle, and the changes in our environment (computers, cell phones, cordless phones, etc.). We are exposed to all of these contaminates from an early age; it affects ovum and sperm; we pass it on in the genes as well as daily exposure. Our grandchildren are reaping the rewards of both our accomplishments and our failures to comprehend.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So Alzheimers was around 100 years ago...I think they called it senile dementia. This could be the result of malnutrition. Also there were aluminum kettles in use.
Next came manganese.
You need to know about manganese toxicity which TPTB also play down.

"For fifty years, no-knock gasoline containing tetraethyl lead has spewed metallic wastes out of millions of tailpipes, tainting the soil and water—and the lungs and brains of little children."
****Not only lead, but manganese

Then came soy baby formula:

"Despite government assurances, Phillip Collipp, a pediatric physician at Nassau County Medical Center in 1983 tested for the manganese in popular soy brands available locally, including Isomil, ProSoybee and Nursoy. They contained from 0.2 to 1.0 mg of manganese per quart of infant formula."
Read this article.
Babies readily absorm manganese. And what happens when they get overloaded with it?

Now the we move on to CJD or is it Alzheimer's?. Again we have manganese as a player.

mad cow or manganese toxicity?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by OhZone]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Are you sure of these facts???

Well, just let me tell you sometin mister.......

Awwwh # I forgot what I wanted to say!

Honey, where's my keys for the car?....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Recently read a section of a book called Toxic Metals, which spoke about Amalgam fillings being one major factor in the early diagnosis of Alzheimers.

The details elude me now, but it spoke in plain english about how the degrading Mercury becomes attached to Aluminium which is absorbed into the brain.

If you can taste that sour-ish metalic flavour in your mouth, then you are already being poisoned by the Amalgam fillings in your teeth.

I wonder how Flouride in the water supply would react with that Amalgam of Mercury, Aluminium and other more stable metals?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Go find the old made for TV Movie called Bitter Harvest

Was made by Ron Howard a movie based on a true story.

You'll know then why alzhiemers is striking younger and younger people.

Ron Howard plays a young farmer and family man whose dairy herd is being decimated by illness. As if this weren't enough, Howard's young son falls seriously ill. The state's agricultural officials could do something about Howard's plight, but red tape and bureaucracy rules the day. Based on a book by Frederick and Sandra Halbert, this caustic indictment of governmental indifference was nominated for four Emmies. Made for television, Bitter Harvest debuted May 18, 1981. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

www.springerlink.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

Whoa, really scary right there.

What the articles dont' go into is how this relates to artificial sweaterners, which I think is the real culprite.

Both my parents are in their late 40's and drink diet sodas. I have tried my darndest to tell them all that's wrong with them and it's in one ear and out the other.

I certainly hope they are not effected but I think this increase will only continue.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Due to finding a VERY low rate of ALZ in India, they did some
research and found out it was a component of curry called
Tumeric, and then they narrowed it further to another smaller
component of Tumeric.

They are working on a treatment now via this finding.

www.alzheimersscreen.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Folks, chemtrailing is a fact, and it has been going on consistently over the U.S. for ten years.

Aluminum, for reflection, barium, for refraction, are some of the things, sub-micron particles, aerosol injected into the atmosphere. A keynote is vastly improved satellite communication.

There are other things injected as well. The program really is a plurality of programs.

If you don't believe that you are taking in obscene amounts of aluminum via your lungs, I challenge you to do the following:

Put a hepa filter system outside.
Put on inside.
When it comes time to change the filters, cut each into three pieces.
Send each piece to a separate lab for analysis, looking for metals.

You will be shocked at what you find.

Don't take my word for it. Do it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I heard that drinking beer out of cans give you Alzheimer's.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hundreds of thousands of people in their 30's-40's being diagnosed with alzheimers? I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Now, I draw the line at having to give up my beer out of a can. Bring it on!

Seriously, everything I enjoy in this world will kill me. I simply don't care. I am going to enjoy myself until the bitter end. I've instructed my kids to put me in the best home they can when the time comes, or smother me with a pillow if the funds aren't there.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

alzheimer is mostly mercury poisoning from your amalgam teeth fillings,vaccination, fish consumption and coal power plant vapor
chelate it now !!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

yes aluminium getting to your brain will definetly cause Alz, see mercola.com for more

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join