It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Angel Thunder - international drill on us soil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Some practice runs are classified by DoD; few details are being released 15 Nov 2008 Personnel from around the globe will converge at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base from Dec. 1 to Dec. 12 for the largest rescue exercise of its kind. The effort, dubbed Angel Thunder 08, will involve the U.S. Army and Air Force, troops from Germany, Chile, Colombia and observers from Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Pakistan. Several non-military U.S. agencies such as the State and Justice departments, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the National Reconnaissance Office, also will take part in the drills, which aim to smooth interaction between military branches, allied nations and civilian agencies.
www.legitgov.org...

folks i have been called a nut for some time now about the issue of foreign troops on our soil and i'm convinced all this troop movement is for something major like the ushuring in of the North American Union.

you can add Singapoor to this movement as they arrived in october and schedule in begin their operation december 1 as well.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Singapore military aiming for Idaho air space as well www.magicvalley.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i expect i'll get all those military guys coming in to say this is absolutely normal but it certainly is not normal.........remember bush jr is still president and could do almost anything prior to relinquishing office january 20, 2009.........seems to be a lot of 2009 deadlines.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
imho, this is pretty important stuff going on but i believe people are more interested in severed head of a dog kept alive, bugs on drugs, that the captivity of us citizens or the united states of american becoming the North American Union. don't you think it's kinda of strange we have so many foreign troops here? i can just hear ya now.............."no, not strange at all; we've had foreign troops for ever and a day since the beginning of time." yeah, right..............keep drinking koolaid and please take the flu vaccine.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
what are we suppose to be rescued from? this is a rescue operation folks. this does not concern anybody?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There amore people "awake" right now than ever before.
They would have to be clinically insane to try to impliment the North American Union, or martial law, or anything else right now.

There are too many people (some in the armed forces) watching our leaders and their intentions through a microscope at the moment.

If they are stupid enough to try it, all I can say to them is bring it!
They would be signing their own death warrants by attempting it right now.
Any nation that would be stupid enough to help them, would also be signing their own death warrants, and would be first on our list once we got "back on our feet" from overthrowing our own government.

Stop buying into the fear, relax, and get yourself into a "from my cold dead hands" mentality...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

our government coupled with the PTB has planned, prepared and are not in position. we are currently in a lull before the hammer falls. to have the mentality of "bring it on" is a little absurd at this point. i do not want to be disrespectful but there is not enough preparation on the parts of those that are awake.

i too am an ashamed american as i have been asleep for 40 years while our government passed Homeland Security, Patriot Act, SPP, NAFTA and let's not forget USNORTHCOM.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
And why weren't you screaming about this exact same exercise last year? Or the year before? Or every other time it's happened?

Have you even looked at how many people are involved? A whopping 450. Wow. They're gonna take over with that many!

From last year:

7/18/2007 - DAVIS-MONTHAN AIR FORCE BASE, Ariz. (AFPN) -- About 200 Davis-Monthan Airmen from the 563rd Rescue Group, the 943rd Rescue Group, the 355th Operations Group and the 55th Electronic Combat Group, along with the 12th Air Force Plans Shop and Personnel Recovery Coordination Center, are participating in Exercise Angel Thunder July 9 to 20 here.

The combat search and rescue exercise was first held in July 2006 as a Davis-Monthan-specific exercise.

www.af.mil...

I don't know why I'm bothering though. You've already said you've made up your mind, and any time there are troops on US soil you're going to be screaming about how they're going to take over, no matter how many there are. Your own source said that there were only going to be 450 people involved, but you didn't bother to mention that, now did you? It doesn't matter to you how many, you just see "foreign troops" and start screaming takeover.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There is talk that Bin Laden will strike America again but this time much worse than 9/11. Since we do not have enough troops in the US to take charge because they are all overseas we therefore will need to import from other countries. So I suspect that something is afoot with this new terror threat. It will make no difference who is in charge of the Presidency because there will be marshall law in any case until things calm down somewhat. Maybe a draft is in order right now to get ready with at least our own troops in the US.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Dude, take a chill pill.

This is an AIR RESCUE EXERCISE! They are training in CSAR operations so that they'll have their s**t in one basket when they come to pick my sorry ass up after being shot down.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I always wonder where they get the names for these things.

Operation ANGEL THUNDER???

Is the Trumpet blowing???

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

I don't know; maybe because this is the USAF Air Rescue patch???

www.aircommando.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Maybe because the PJs and rescue crews are unofficially known as "Angels", and the helicopters that were used in Vietnam, and some that are still used today sound like thunder when they fly? I suggest you look at the work the PJs do. They are the toughest of the Special Forces, the hardest to get into, and have the highest failure rate of all the schools. They also throw their lives into danger more than anyone else and have saved more lives than any other group out there in the military.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Interesting.

Thanks for the information!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You tinfoil hat wearers should consider coming back to reality... These types of operations have been ongoing for some time now. US Army SF soldiers have been training the Colombian and Chilean militaries for many years in their respective countries. This is but a chance for them to train in CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) utilizing the SME's (subject matter experts) on CSAR.

This also has nothing to do with a North American Union...if it included the Mexican and Canadian militaries instead of two SA countries you may have at least something to talk about but come on...

[quote=Zaphod58]I suggest you look at the work the PJs do...

I suggest you take some of your own advice as you apparently don't know as much about PJ's as you thought which is apparent by your previous post...

And with that, PJ's are not SF (Special Forces). There is only one SF in the US military and thats the US Army Special Forces (otherwise known as the Green Berets
they are SOF (Special Operations Forces.)

PJ's conduct two very specific missions, CSAR and MEDEVAC secondly. They do not however conduct unilateral combat operations such as other SOF units: SEAL's, Rangers, SF, or MARSOC. As such they are there as a contingency if needed for the roles stated previously. They are true warriors nonetheless...

They do not have the highest no-go (failure) rate when you compare raw numbers unless you want to talk about their inability to pass the SOCM (Special Operations Combat Medic-Course) when they sent their guys to it. Now they teach their own so they can control numbers a bit more... They also have not been in harms way the most.

Have a very SF day.

Crip

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi Theresa Musselwhite (yes, your name is known on the other side of the globe
I heard you.

Read for months...never posted, but now I could not resist!

Overhere in The Netherlands we had the biggest rescue drill ever on 3 till 7 november but the enemy is "water", the biggest rescue drill in a stadium when there is a "terrorist-attack" - 2 years ago
In Iceland the biggest international rescue drill happened on the 25 - 27 july 2008
I think if I am gonna search I will find more about this "rescue drills" isn't it a common thing?

What I think is scary is that the government wants us to buy a survival box, air and water tight promoted by our minister of internal affairs

Musselwhite, someone post a link with a big drill of homeland security with a link www.alternet.org you might find it interesting?

Keep looking for Alice!
Novanutriaan

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by novanutriaan

thank you so much for your support. i'm not sure if rescue drills involving foreign troops on american soil is normal or not......doesn't sit too well w/me. thanks for the link:

This week and into next, NorthCom and NORAD are conducting a joint exercise called “Vigilant Shield ’09.” The focus will be on “homeland defense and civil support,” a NorthCom press release states.

From November 12-18, it will be testing a “synchronized response of federal, state, local and international partners in preparation for homeland defense, homeland security, and civil support missions in the United States and abroad.”

NorthCom is short for the Pentagon’s Northern Command. President Bush created it in October 2002. (The Southern Command, or SouthCom, covers Latin America. Central Command, or CentCom, covers Iraq and Afghanistan. And the new AfriCom covers, well, you get the picture.)

Vigilant Shield ’09 “will include scenarios to achieve exercise objectives within the maritime, aerospace, ballistic missile defense, cyber, consequence management, strategic communications, and counter terrorism domains,” the press release states.

NorthCom’s press release also says that other participants in the exercise include the U.S. Strategic Command’s “Global Lightning 09,” which is a plan to use nuclear weapons in a surprise attack.

The Pentagon’s “Bulwark Defender 09” is also involved in the exercise, and it is a cyberspace protection outfit of the Pentagon.

Something called the “Canada Command DETERMINED DRAGON” also is participating, as is the California National Guard and California’s “Golden Guardian.”

California’s involvement appears to center around planning for a catastrophic earthquake.

this is quite interesting and should be alarming.............too frequent joint military exercises going on around the world.........u.s. on foreign soil preparing - foreign troops on u.s. soil preparing..........and the american people just sit and wait.......just like me only i will continue to look for alice and i want to know about the time the hammer comes down.

for more on the article www.alternet.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
thank you so much for your support. i'm not sure if rescue drills involving foreign troops on american soil is normal or not......doesn't sit too well w/me.

They are. And you know what else:

We have rescue exercises with foreign troops in their country too!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
this could also explain the reservist recalls...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

thanks for the post; however, i'm not satisfied nor reassured. too much military movement on us soil, imho. but, hey, i'm just a concerned citizen who does not, i repeat, does not trust our government or its military. welcome to the north american union.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Relax. If they planned an invasion. They wouldn't advertise it. Would they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join