It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION: All People who Think 2012 is the Date of Our Demise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
You are waisting your time. This date is absolutely not supported enough to be true.

The following are the so-called "dates" of this stupid fictional end time...

December 12, 2012
December 21, 2012
December 23, 2012
December 12, 2112
December 21, 2112

This I got from a calculator!!!:

December 12, 5128 give or take 6 months
or 5135 rounded.

There is more information proving it wrong than right. Sorry folks... but, if you do your normal math instead of this fancy bull crap... then maybe you'll see.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There are a lot of dates but the true original Mayan date is 12-12-12

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Finally someone talking logic.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
There are a lot of dates but the true original Mayan date is 12-12-12

How do you get this date? I'd like to know... is it the date math thing? Sorry don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

How do you get this date? I'd like to know... is it the date math thing? Sorry don't believe it.

No crazy gorilla math tactics, just knowing how to read.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

No crazy gorilla math tactics, just knowing how to read.

I am a fair person so here is how I got my date:

I left 12 and December alone...

144,000 days = one baktun

144,000 divided by 365 = rounded 395
395 multiplied by 13 = 5,135

with out rounding = 5,128 give or take 6 to 12 months

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

www.levity.com...

your answer to your 5,128 is there.

And it's December 21st, not 12th. I always get those two numbers confused.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
mmm... I read this... and it was a little hard to pick up in my mind... but, the thing is, that by doing that math... it'd be the real date.

Thanks for the link though I had lost it. I couldn't tell where it indicates earlier than though.

But, this is just my opinion I'm not going to force it on you.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
HI,

I do not think also that 2012 will be the end of anything (even the "end of times" doesn't have the meaning of "end of the world"). My reasons are due some predictions that I staed on my hp Nostradamus Prophecieshospedagem.infolink.com.br...

C.N

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!! the world is gunna end dec. 12?

THATS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

One question, will I get to eat my cake and get some presents before we all die?

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Celebrations at 200 AM. Actually I think more of this date:

July 24, 5128

If it even ends... and as danie pointed out it's not going to be the end of the world, just as we currently see it.

Good link there too by the way danie

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
OK then... 5128 - 3114 = 2014

However... I still find this completely not on the money... I severely doubt Rapture will happen.

8 to 10 year folks... to find out NOTHING will happen.

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Shugo]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You are right in one thing, the Mayan callendar is not showing the end of the world. The world will continue, but it will be changed in many ways.

My guess is that you haven't seen yet the pentagon report on climate change, and what is happening all around the world. Ice melting all over the place, places where we get our drinking water are dissapearing at an alarming rate.

There is an old native american saying that goes something like this. "The Earth is like an old dog full of fleas, when it has too many it shakes itself getting rid of as many as it can."

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
There is an old native american saying that goes something like this. "The Earth is like an old dog full of fleas, when it has too many it shakes itself getting rid of as many as it can."

I like that.

Homo sapiens has been an almighty infestation hasn't it?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

You are right in one thing, the Mayan callendar is not showing the end of the world. The world will continue, but it will be changed in many ways.

That's my opinion also...
If you want take a look at these...

www.serendipity.li...

www.levity.com...

www.2012.com.au...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehEno

I like that.

Homo sapiens has been an almighty infestation hasn't it?

"Why cant it be that the human race is some sort of interplanetary disease, that all the other civilisations stay well away from ? its like 'dont go near earth, its got humans all over it' "

(Red Dwarf) Dave Lister bemoaning the fact that the human race considers itself, on the whole to be the superior race in the universe

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valnta

That's my opinion also...
If you want take a look at these...

www.serendipity.li...

www.levity.com...

www.2012.com.au...

thanx for the links, i found 2012.com very interesting to read

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What's going to happen on 2012? Absolutely nothing, much like Y2K. Sure there are always going to be people, that said certain things happen on 2012, but it's going to be everyday occurences. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's going to be just another day. And if I'm wrong? well then I'm wrong, but I'm not going to be all high strung about a date and become paranoid and notice ever little single change. But that's just me, don't take my opinion to heart, create your own.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

yeah great, thanks for providing your calculations BUT...

from what date did you start your calculations from? Are your calculations based on just one Baktun from a random time period or are they following the already-written out dates that the mayans have depicted? from the first baktun, to the second, to the third, etc....

sorry, but I also have more proof that diminishes your flawed mathematical calculation. do a simple search for "terrence mckenna time wave zero theory". of course im probably wasting my time on you, but for the others who are seeing this, I hope you take my advice by conducting such a search. this genius actually has it down to a science us modernists can understand.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I guess not too many people put faith in the almost flawless tactics of the Mayans. I don't believe its the end of the world, but a new beginning in a golden age.

Click here

This should be a good start for people wanting to learn about 2012 and what the Mayans actually meant. Not the end but a new beginning.

Incase you want straight to the point details

check it out here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join