It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who REALLY runs the government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The last couple decades I've been watching. Watching education, the news, work, and so forth like so many of us do. It is apparent to me that the president does not run the country as many seem to suspect. This can be validated by seeing a thread of continuity that occurs no matter who the president is. For example, the mention of Bin Laden started in the 80's, continued the hunt with Clinton, then Bush, etc. There's a ton of examples, this one is just the one that is probably best recognized. I know too that 'the people' do not run the country. If people did, as soon as the presidential approval ratings dropped below 50%, the president would be impeached due to a vote of no confidence. The House of Representatives looks like it was formulated by P.T. Barnum on C-Span. It's a circus with passionate people not getting things done. The Senate has a lot of pull it seems, they put together a bill and everyone rubber-stamps it most of the time but the bills blow out of control with 400 pages of 'amendments' to satisfy various interests. Therefore the house and senate do not run the country. The public seems to be getting hosed visually and lest I say it, perhaps there is a conspiracy to pacify the general public and make them feel they're actually involved. Well, now that all the visible pieces of the government are ruled out, who then runs the show?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
TPTB.

The Powers That Be.

Most probably either the very richest people (ie those who have more money than most small countries), or a bunch of frail old codgers... think really old, super-royal kinda thing.

One thing for sure, we'll never know so long as they're in power.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Law Enforcement and Military have an approach, second by Industrial Complexes, then you have what you may call the "social yank".

Those are the three in order I see with influence. The shift you speak of began when communication forms leapt in viability with the advent of digital communications. Those that could better organise and plan strategies became more influential.

The Militaristic establishment is obvious, with it's hunk of budget. Steadily increased to the point I think one quarter of resources goes to it. Backed by local law enforcement so as to quell and report things of significance (and of course, apply the law).
The Industries that manipulate large amounts of raw resources and output finished product have a good deal with what may take place. In an Economic sense.
The "social yank" is what I hear most refer to as "mob rules" where the above two can be quickly overridden and the desires of a few become dominant in small sets.

But, to answer, I'd say the Military has the most influence on policies, and who may do what.
I'm not saying they'll send a detachment to regulate you (that's just me--inclusive joke), but they can have things happen to you. With computers mandating so much in our society, should they want to they can do irreversible damage via input. Not to the point you'd ever really know, but those that impacted your life would. And, things would be aligned to your new, given standing.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Who ever holds the list of elites and the green runs the country. I know in Canada I believe his name is Paul Demery of the PowerCorp company. There is no day that goes by without anyone giving that man money. In the US it could be big company giants. The way it works is that the company would lobby to a senator paying fine $$$ and the senator would in turn help them pass a bill.
That is how the powers work. Everyone has an agenda and if you are an obstacle then you might get eliminated.

Why do you think hemp was never made legal to grow? The clothes are great, it has one of the best anti-oxidants out there, and it better then ethanol, but since a lot of companies would lose money on cotton, ethanol and other products they made it illegal.

If you got money you can play ball if not then your just a fan on the sidelines.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Most probably either the very richest people (ie those who have more money than most small countries), or a bunch of frail old codgers... think really old, super-royal kinda thing.

One thing for sure, we'll never know so long as they're in power.

This makes sense, being that we're a capitalistic society. Also, if one mentions they have a lot of money that spurs a sudden upcropping of 'friends' they never knew before. But, things are not unilateral, so is there a money war between the rich about the countries direction and ethics?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyecatching
Law Enforcement and Military have an approach, second by Industrial Complexes, then you have what you may call the "social yank".

Snipping only one part, but like your whole post. I had been thinking of the possibility of a faction warfare in the country and this too makes sense, especially when we see flip-flipping between democrat and republican presidents over the last 50 some years. I'm wondering if the country doesn't like either...and as soon as it becomes extreme democrat/republican then there is a change to the other, nationally speaking. We all know how much we like the word 'change' as a country ^_^.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Who ever holds the list of elites and the green runs the country. I know in Canada I believe his name is Paul Demery of the PowerCorp company. There is no day that goes by without anyone giving that man money. In the US it could be big company giants. The way it works is that the company would lobby to a senator paying fine $$$ and the senator would in turn help them pass a bill.
That is how the powers work. Everyone has an agenda and if you are an obstacle then you might get eliminated.

I do think there's a big corporate pull, but whenever there's a monopoly the government comes along with it's hammer and breaks it up. This is a good thing for the most part, but being the biggest corp alone doesn't give someone the rudder.

Originally posted by Equinox99
Why do you think hemp was never made legal to grow? The clothes are great, it has one of the best anti-oxidants out there, and it better then ethanol, but since a lot of companies would lose money on cotton, ethanol and other products they made it illegal.

If you got money you can play ball if not then your just a fan on the sidelines.

It's always good to ask these kinds of questions. I think another problem with hemp is regulation. In order to make hemp standard for clothing without closing down small businesses is to have enough oversight for anyone who wanted to produce it to ensure they're not using it for recreational purposes. It's a bear complying with DEA regulations (it's part of my work), I could only imagine how much of a burden it would be to track clothing makers too.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Good question.

Read David Icke's Book, "Global Conspiracy".

Now a word of warning. I read Mr. Icke's "The Biggest Secret" over a decade ago, put the book down and dismissed it as a really big grand illusion.

Ten years passed. I just kept my ears and eyes open and watched.

I'm not laughing at David Icke anymore. I do believe he has connected most of the dots.

It's funny,people we lable as "mad" today many times history shows they were just "on to something" alot faster then the rest of us.

If just 1% of David Icke's premise is correct this is the biggest conspiracy of them all and the rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep.

All over the planet you will find the ancient legends and accounts of "gods" from another world who interbred with humanity to create a hybrid network of bloodlines. These bloodlines later became the royal and aristocratic of almost all the countries on our planet.

All of our US Presidents are of one of these 13 bloodlines and 42 of these presidents are all related. 33 of them go back to Charlemagne.

Link below is interesting reading.

www.romanovs.info...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I've read some of Icke's free material posted online. From there I had been convinced not to spend money to read more. On matters of such great importance, the most reliable info is available without cost. I don't believe we're aliens, controlled by aliens, under the influence of HAARP, E.L.F. , etc. but would take quite a novel to explain why (hmm...maybe I should write one for a little extra income
). I respect the beliefs of those who do, but haven't encountered validation in my life of these kinds of puppet-strings (as of yet) to overcome the many obstacles the idea would present.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Big money runs the world. In our case the house, senate and president are bought and paid for.

If you are an elected official you will eventually bend to the PTB OR you will either face ruination or death.

Follow the money trail. At this time money cannot buy good health for the dieing but it can get you to the front door of anything else you desire.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Big money runs the world. In our case the house, senate and president are bought and paid for.

Paid for by...?

If you are an elected official you will eventually bend to the PTB OR you will either face ruination or death.

PTB?

Follow the money trail.

Having worked a decade in banking, I'm not sure if the general public realizes just how true this is.

At this time money cannot by good health to the dieing but it can get you to the front door of anything else you desire.

This is a scarey thought unless what people with money desire is an end to poverty, war, disease, etc.. Eventually money may buy good health too.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I posted these youtube links in another thread, but I feel I should post it here as well since it's very relevant:

20/20's The politically incorrect guide to politics.

Notice how the host keeps insinuating to the idea that we DON'T really need the federal govt. as much as they'd like us to know.

Edit: let me know what you think
part 1

part2

part3

Part4

part5

part6

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Doh, no Youtube at work, I'll have to check it out at home. I don't know if we don't need government necessarily, just that the government we see is not the government we have. Wall Street as the most recent example, when you let people be their own oversight, then tend to grab all they can and run with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here's another video I recommend people to watch. Granted, I'm sure it has been shown here or some version of it before, but I figured it still has some kind of relevance to the other 20/20 video I posted. I'm starting to think maybe the news reporter might be right. That way maybe the U.S. might still have a chance at having good leaders elected instead of the sold out celebrity shills they put on display.

Roe V. Wade had somethign to do with a white person and a black person??? dear God! I know this isn't EVERY single american, but Jesus H. Christ! I swear sometimes I feel like getting on my knees and weep for the sheer ignorance of our so called "future generation" of americans

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Question]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Snipping only one part, but like your whole post. I had been thinking of the possibility of a faction warfare in the country and this too makes sense, especially when we see flip-flipping between democrat and republican presidents over the last 50 some years. I'm wondering if the country doesn't like either...and as soon as it becomes extreme democrat/republican then there is a change to the other, nationally speaking. We all know how much we like the word 'change' as a country ^_^.

The DNC takes over when the GOP botches current policies, and vice a versa.

The Democrats took over this round mainly because of some of Hillary Clinton's views upon current happenings. Even though she was not elected President, this is mainly due to the Public's want of somewhat of a showman. Whom they could 'lead' themselves inward toward dis-acknowledgement of past behaviours.

But, that politicians dictate seems to go against the original content. Current events around me are mandated by the military establishment, and although very haphazard-they tend to set upon the whole with dogmatic approach. Where, essentially, if you want to be heard---you best stick to the script. This allows the top-rungs to "unknow" what has already taken place. Odd, yes, but so is the whole of the circumstance: where what was promised to be delivered is best obfuscated with perpetual liehoods.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The DNC takes over when the GOP botches current policies, and vice a versa.

I've noticed that. The country doesn't like to go too far one way or the other...but also think this is a show, not real power. It is as if the country is prompted to change...and we do as all good citizens are guided to.

The Democrats took over this round mainly because of some of Hillary Clinton's views upon current happenings. Even though she was not elected President, this is mainly due to the Public's want of somewhat of a showman. Whom they could 'lead' themselves inward toward dis-acknowledgement of past behaviours.

Yep, charisma speaks volumes, we like the show.

But, that politicians dictate seems to go against the original content. Current events around me are mandated by the military establishment, and although very haphazard-they tend to set upon the whole with dogmatic approach.

It doesn't look like the military gets their way or has free-reign. They make convincing arguments to conduct big actions, but if it doesn't work out to their plan, the pendulum swings the other way.

Where, essentially, if you want to be heard---you best stick to the script. This allows the top-rungs to "unknow" what has already taken place. Odd, yes, but so is the whole of the circumstance: where what was promised to be delivered is best obfuscated with perpetual liehoods.

Indeed, the script is basically what I'm interested in. Who wrote it? What does it say and why?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Good question.

Read David Icke's Book, "Global Conspiracy".

Now a word of warning. I read Mr. Icke's "The Biggest Secret" over a decade ago, put the book down and dismissed it as a really big grand illusion.

Ten years passed. I just kept my ears and eyes open and watched.

I'm not laughing at David Icke anymore. I do believe he has connected most of the dots.

It's funny,people we lable as "mad" today many times history shows they were just "on to something" alot faster then the rest of us.

If just 1% of David Icke's premise is correct this is the biggest conspiracy of them all and the rabbit hole goes pretty darn deep.

All over the planet you will find the ancient legends and accounts of "gods" from another world who interbred with humanity to create a hybrid network of bloodlines. These bloodlines later became the royal and aristocratic of almost all the countries on our planet.

All of our US Presidents are of one of these 13 bloodlines and 42 of these presidents are all related. 33 of them go back to Charlemagne.

Link below is interesting reading.

www.romanovs.info...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

so are you saying ron paul is onto something? cuz i see the guy as a nut but a genious at the same time

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It's easier to say who doesn't run the government rather than to say who does. Unfortunately then it becomes a process of elimination game. Apparently being a big company or group of companies is not enough to sway the taxpayer's purse-strings:

Why Citigroup got Detroit's money

The government wants the Big Three to prove they are worthy of a $25 billion loan but Citigroup didn't have to twist any arms to get another $20 billion.

Poor Detroit. The heads of the Big Three automakers had to subject themselves to two days of Congressional grilling last week while they begged for a $25 billion loan.

Meanwhile, Citigroup (C, Fortune 500), which just a month ago received $25 billion, had no trouble securing another $20 billion Sunday night. CEO Vikram Pandit didn't even have to fly his jet to Capitol Hill with hat in hand.

money.cnn.com...

Somebody somewhere sees Citibank as too important to fail. Maybe this guy has something to do with it too:

"In the midst of staggering losses and intense public scrutiny, former Citigroup CEO Charles O. Prince III could always count on the support of the company's biggest individual shareholder: Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz al Saud. Less than a month ago, the Saudi prince, who owns 3.6% of the company, even dismissed a sharp drop in earnings as a "mere hiccup."

money.cnn.com...

World powerbrokers extraordinaire?

According to this site, Warren Buffet has him edged out: www.nndb.com... and www.nndb.com...

[edit on 24-11-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Im starting to think its just God. What I mean by this is, it seems the truth is ever more so deeper and deeper, and one must search longer and harder to find it. If I was god, and I created a reality to subjectively experience existence, I would make it as much of a challenge as I could for myself, as I am god, and the people I create would just think they are individuals and not the source or god. I mean, if I as God wanted a utopia, I wouldn't even make anything because I AM is enough for what anyone would want out of a utopia, so I believe utopia is either nearly impossible, or pointless in the 3rd dimension. I think that since duality reigns as a nature of this reality, the purpose is to transcend that duality, and by that time you have access to other dimensions or realms where duality is not the nature and I guess you could say utopia is the nature. So, Ive come to the hypothesis, that the 3rd dimension is designed for suffering, because what does not kill us or make us stupid, makes us stronger and more wise.
And also, to add to this theory, the reason why its ok that there is a realm of suffering, is because there really isn't and its really all just god having daydreams, a daydream that lets us grow infinitely beyond all dimensions and back unto the source to do it all again. This of course, is MHO based on my experiences in this supposed existence.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The whole point about the seperation of powers is that 'no one person can stop the will of all the others,' (Machiavelli) so the Pres thinks he's running the USA. The vie pres probably feels he's got a big stake in this, senate, congress, their speakers especially will think that they run the whole show really. Then the judiciary, you ask members of the supreme court if they think they're holding the country together, then your secret services, and cheif civil servants.

In reality it is a system that plays the powerful off against each other to stop tyranny, corruption and their egos that will have been pushed to excess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join