It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So my daughter saw a ghost...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Okay, my 7-year-old daughter told me a couple of days
ago that when we lived in our previous house she saw
a ghost in her closet.
I asked her to describe this ghost and she said he was tall,
had flames for hair and had on high boots. I thought that was
pretty descriptive but I also know my daughter has a vivid
imagination so I laughed it off. Then I started thinking about it.

We had central air and my wife is weird in that, she has to sleep
with air conditioning on, no matter what the temp is outside. The vent
for the air was in the ceiling next to my side of the bed. At night when
I would try to sleep, I could hear what sounded like 5-10 different
conversations going on at once, but I could only hear this when the
air was on. I figure it was my mind playing tricks due to the white noise
of the rushing air.
Now here is the really weird thing, this is the only place I have ever
encountered these conversations. I have slept in other houses and
buildings with central air coming out of the ceiling and I have never,
ever heard this same thing.
At first I thought it was our neighbors, their backyard was about 15 feet
away from our bedroom window and they would have parties all night
long. But most of the time when I heard this the neighbors weren't outside
at all.
Then I read about EVP and how sometimes ghost investigators would use
white noise generators to help facilitate the phenomena.

Does anyone know if this could be what I experienced?

By the way, while we were in that house my daughter used to
tell us that she had a friend who would hang out outside her window. She said he was a boy her age and his name was Chubby. We figured she made
an imaginary friend so we encouraged her with it. But now that I think
about it I wonder if "Chubby" was something more.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
wow. and creepy.
have you done any research on previous owners of that house?
i would like to know more. your daughter's experience is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My experience is that you shouldn't laugh it off. Do give her support and show interest in what she sees and experiences. One of my children has always seen these things and another recently told me how he too used to see them but that I used to tell them they were imagining things. heh ... That's what a busy mother does, I guess, not listening to her kids - not really listening.

Fortunately, we all see lots of things around now and because of my awakening, I can help to send these spirits onward when they land in our house. Actually, as I understand it, we shine a bright light that acts as a beacon to them so they seek us out.

There is no need to feel fear yourself and be careful not to induce fear in your daughter. Teach her to deal with these spirits. When there is no fear, you can deal with them in a loving, understanding, compassionate manner which leaves them at ease too.

I've only once been troubled by a spirit. My daughter told me that a demon had come to reside inside me. She could see it. I (coincidentally?) had pain in those same places. I finally went into a trance meditation and found myself saying "You can't live here. I am a holy person". A minute or two later I came out of it almost with a start and asked my daughter if I heard myself right. LOL! I couldn't believe it. I really don't think I'm quite "holy" material, in all honesty.... heh Funny thing was, it was gone and my daughter saw it go. She said it didn't seem happy about going either.

This old world is full of strange and amusing things.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by heather65

I haven't researched the previous owners but I do know
that one of them was in trouble with the police alot. The county
sheriff showed up once when I was pulling out of the driveway and
asked me if Willie was around. I told him I didn't know anyone named
Willie and he asked me if I was sure, as if I was covering for this guy.
Anyway, that kind of upset me.

It isn't an old house, it's actually a duplex that's probably 20-30 years
old.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Doesn't sound much like a ghost. Sounds more like the "Mothman" or "Spring-Heel Jack" entity. Check this out:

www.blackcatpress.co.uk...

The text is very hard to read on this page, but it has some good information. My advice is to copy and past the text into a document so you can read it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror
We had central air and my wife is weird in that, she has to sleep
with air conditioning on, no matter what the temp is outside. The vent
for the air was in the ceiling next to my side of the bed. At night when
I would try to sleep, I could hear what sounded like 5-10 different
conversations going on at once, but I could only hear this when the
air was on. I figure it was my mind playing tricks due to the white noise
of the rushing air.

This sounds like us, my wife is the same with the AC and i have it at my side, only when its on i have heard alsorts of stuff like coversations, childeren laughing, singing etc etc . . i can't explain it really, i put it down to me being sleepy or neighbours, people outside etc etc .. but its weird and creepy ..

Regards

Satellite1

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Give her a camera, she might be able to take a pic of one! Don't forget to share it with us here!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

My suggestion would be not to "play" with things you don't understand.
I could be overly cautious but if it were me, and I had children in the house, I would be trying to get a priest and/or medicine man to come bless the house.

It may not help at all, but I don't see how it could hurt, especially if these are benevolent or non harmful.
On the other hand allowing your home to become a refuge for entities you don't fully understand, could be a bad idea with small children present.

I have also read that cats keep spirits away, and buying your daughter a cat would (if nothing else) give her something a little more healthy and normal to play with.

Hope everything works out well for you and your family.

I wouldn't get freaked out too much, but I wouldn't take it too lightly either, afterall you ARE talking about the safety and well being of your loved ones here...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That's just it, we moved two years ago and she hasn't seen anything since.
Also, I haven't been able to hear these "conversations" in our new house
even though I have a window-mounted air conditioner 3 feet away from
my bed.

But she has been bugging me for a camera for christmas.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This may be a stretch - but I figured it was worth mentioning.

As an old comic book fan when your daughter said the ghost was tall, had flames for hair and high boots, my first thought was "That ghost sounds a lot like "Ghost Rider" from the comic books."

A Ghost Rider movie did come out in 07. A link to it with pic's is below..

Ghost Rider Movie

Understand - I'm not saying your daughter didn't see a ghost. I've seen one myself before.

I'm just asking - could she have possibly seen an ad (or the movie itself) and it gave her a bad dream and made her thought she saw it in her closet?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I thought the same thing but we moved out of the
house in early 2006, before then she never saw an
image of Ghost Rider.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Pretty creepy because when my little brother was about Five or Six , he saw something really similar to the way you describe it , he used to call it the "Yellow Man".

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Energy is tied to the land and not necessarily the structure.
The home could've been built on a demolished home or an old grave site for all that wel know. But the energy remains at that location irregardless of what is built over it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Title should be changed to

"So My Daughter Saw a Demon".....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I recently joined a Paranormal Society in my home town. If it is paranormal activity, it should not harm you at all. If you feel that they are in anyway harming you in anyway at all, call a professional Paranormal Investigation team to go to your house and run some EVP's. The thing about EVP's, if you do it yourself, you may in fact fuel the activity because you have let the spirits know that you are listening for them which will make them increase their presence and more spirits (good and bad) most likely will reside in your house.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I know that I personally have spurts when I try to sleep I hear conversations and weird voices sometimes. It usually happens when I'm really stressed. I'm like your wife, I have to have a fan on me and I have noticed with the fan going I am more likely to hear stuff. It happens at different stages of sleep, sometimes when I think dreams are real, sometimes a minute after my head hits the pillow. As for what your daughter described, it sounds a bit weird. I don't want to say that she is making it up, but a child with a very active imagination is bound to have a little trouble with reality and fantasy at times. Good luck, hope the voices stop.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

"By the way, while we were in that house my daughter used to
tell us that she had a friend who would hang out outside her window...

...Any thoughts?"

Hi HolyTerror,
Thank you for sharing this account.
I am always interested when children are invloved in this type of thing.
I, my wife and my daughters have all had similar experiences.

Here is a link to a post I made describing one of them...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe, as many others in the past concur, that it is most likely young children and also animals are more open and receptive to phemonoma that older humans are maybe not.

Be it the way our society is built and what we are taught, or if there is some other reason, children have not the limitations adults do.

Remember how it felt when you used to believe in Santa Claus (to use as an example)?

Remember how it felt when you learnt he didn't exist?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by afaik

Be it the way our society is built and what we are taught, or if there is some other reason, children have not the limitations adults do.

Hey, I find these topics interesting also, as I'm just as amazed what young children can see or hear.

From what I gather, though, young children are more susceptable (have I spelt that right?! lol!) to 'other beings', purely to the fact that they're young, innocent, and open to concepts whereas when we get older, more educated, more aware and taught life lessons, we learn to block things out.
Well, some of us

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I think the title should be "So my daughter said she saw a ghost...". I'm not being rude but kids have fantastic imaginations.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, children do have vivid imaginations but I also believe they are extremely receptive to "the spiritual world". I believe that children are receptive because their brains aren't clogged up with the BS that we, as adults, have retained over the years.
As a child, I too experienced a few "ghosts" and some strange happenings many of which were witnessed by others around me. In some cases, someone else standing beside me pointed it out.
My mother was concerned about my experiences and spoke to our church minister who told my mother that he has been approached by many parents with the same concerns and concluded that there are spirits among us "it's just that children's minds are not clouded with the daily tribulations of adulthood".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join