It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's team wants UFO answers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Obama's transitition guru, John Podesta, is making a little noise concerning some significant UFO cases.

He's calling on the Pentagon to fess up to what they know or knew.

"It is time for the government to declassify records that are more than 25 years old and to provide scientists with data that will assist in determining the real nature of this phenomenon," ex-Clinton aide John Podesta said Tuesday.

Link here: archives.cnn.com...

One can only hope this won't be swept under the carpet as has been the case in the past.

Your thoughts?

Becker

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Strong suspicion that this will indeed be swept under the rug. I think if anyone was going to let the cat out of the bag it would be Obama, but I doubt he is willing to take the risk. It seems like this would be a rather low priority for him at this juncture anyway. Still, we can hope right?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
We'll see if 1 million letters get sent into Obama's Senate and Transition offices...that might give Podesta the green light to pursue UFO disclosure amidst all the other stuff they need to be focused on right now.

MY LETTERS ARE GOING OUT TODAY

[edit on 12-11-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Obama is trying to find the information to call for his 'mother ship'. Maybe the NWO knows is keeping a secret that Obama is really a Alien? And Obama keeps on saying "change", so in that way he would want the information to be made public.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If Obama spits the truth(without the approval of the the ''rest'') is gonna end bad for him!
...it sound to good to be true,doesn't it?!....the truth is coming out after 60 years,just like that?!
Something fishy is smokin smoki!

[edit on 12-11-2008 by SpaceSilence]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I say GOOD LUCK!
Bill Clinton used to whine that he wasn't being told anything about the UFO/Alien situation. I highly doubt the powers that are in the know will tell Obama anything either.

The History Channel has a good show on the Presidents and aliens/ufos.
Clinton was very frustrated about not being briefed.
I'm willing to bet that Bush43 didnt' get briefed either.

The last president to know all about it all - Bush41.
That seems rather obvious.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's all good making noises about UFO's but nothing will come of it, it WILL be swept under the carpet as they have done in the past. Just a flash in the pan to get people interested in politics again , to keep Obama's popularity from waning too fast.
The US government should agree to have details over 25 years old released , but there's too many skeletons in the closet and because of them the doors won't open. The doors ain't gonna spring open coz theres a fingerbone stuck in the hinge.
It is way past time to release information, look at the UK's track record of releasing info, all the reports look like they were drawn up by a 5 year old, theres no photos or videos.
I thin the US government should just say to the military, CIA, DHS and all the others " look just tell us the whole truth and we'll accept it, we'll even not even bother to press charges for 'illicit' activities due to the nature of the business you have done in the past".
But nothing will happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does, but I ain't holding my breath .

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bill Clinton used to whine that he wasn't being told anything about the UFO/Alien situation.

Clinton was very frustrated about not being briefed.

Is there anything to back this up other than the single (in my opinion) light-hearted joke that he made in that one single press conference?

I would like to know more, but I haven't seen anything to inidicate that.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Where did you get this information? Your link is 6 years old.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The CFI director Ed Rothschild also works for Podesta's public relations firm, PodestaMattoon, which is coordinating the new group at the behest of the Sci- Fi channel. He said the initiative was a call for serious investigation, not a publicity stunt for the cable network.

This Ed Rothschild....nothing to do with the Elite I take it.....

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Is there anything to back this up ...

I saw it on the History Channel - in the Presidents & UFO/Alien clips.

Also Jim Marrs talks about it in one of his books. (I don't have it in front of me). Paraphrase - Clinton assigned someone close to him to get the truth on two things - who killed JFK and the Alien/UFO situation. Clinton was unable to break through and get real information on these two subjects. - that's according to Jim Marrs.

Jim Marrs has a forum here. We could ask him about it if you like.

Those are the two places I have heard/seen that information.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Send as many letters as you want,the government will not listen to you or the letters
Look at what happened about the bail out,did they listen to the American people ?? NOPE.

They will not tell Obama **SNIP** he is just the public face and nothing more.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-11-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You saw that same clip I was referencing, or you saw someone say Clinton was stonewalled when he askd about the information?

Meh, Jim Marrs.. His "Scholars for 9/11 Truth" deal is enough to turn me off. I mean, seriously, man, you are a -learned- individual with influence. Why the fear mongering? It's as bad as the Bush Admin.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Maybe this president is gonna be the guy who really wants to change things ?????

From a European point of view, things can't get any more screwed up then it already is. Anyway i look at it we are failing as a race to make things better for us and future generations. Maybe this guy (i really don't know him in a way i could judge him, as most of you i guess )
has the balls to make a change???

And back on the UFO/Alien topic :

As good his intentions could be i also believe the moment he shows any interest in public on the subject Ufo/Alien he would lose a lot of credibility. The campaign the US set in motion to ridicule any "alternative" viewpoint has always been very successful. Look around u, ask yourself the question: would i go out and tell the whole world that i believe in Aliens???

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

I don't care. I mailed in my letters today. Even if Obama can't bring UFO disclosure, I at least want to make it known that I want him to. And if he gets near 1 million other letters about UFO disclosure that would send a strong signal to those in charge of the information.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...the UFO community is severely apathetic to it's cause. "It's impossible" "It's a waste of time"

ORLY? What's more of a waste of time? Spending a few minutes to be part of 1 million UFO letters or to sit around and do nothing because you fear what you do will have no effect?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I doubt if any president will be able to get the information, let alone spill the beans to the public.

The president is a temp. He's hired for 4 years to do a job. The folks with the highest clearance are lifers. They've earned the trust bestowed upon them and they know how to protect the secrets.

Springer and I met a 60 minutes producer a while back who was directly involved with the majestic documents deal and he was (still is) very interested in the whole ufo story. Anyway, he had the pleasure of meeting President Carter after he was out of office. Carter, if you recall, says he saw a ufo and he said he'd spill the beans on roswell and ufos. He never did. This producer asked him about that. This was not an interview, this was nothing more than two guys talking. Carter said he asked and was told he didn't have the proper clearance. The producer said "Mr. President, did you tell them you were the President of the United States?" Carter said something to the effect of "I did and they told me that I was only there for 4 years and they don't give clearance of that level to temps."

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Is there anything to back this up other than the single (in my opinion) light-hearted joke that he made in that one single press conference?

I would like to know more, but I haven't seen anything to inidicate that.

Check out Grant Cameron's site Presidential UFO. I'm pretty sure Clinton mentioned it more than once. Nothing gets into a Presidential speech without a purpose. His wife was reportedly involved in some behind the scenes dealing too. (Rockefeller Initiative)

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Where did you get this information? Your link is 6 years old.

Thread title is misleading. Drudge has a story about reporters fawning over Podesta's transition speech, and then a link to this old CNN article about him calling for the end of UFO secrecy. But Podesta hasn't said anything recently about it, and certainly not as a spokesman for the POTUS-Elect.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Obama's transitition guru, John Podesta, is making a little noise concerning some significant UFO cases.

He's calling on the Pentagon to fess up to what they know or knew.

Wow you just got me all hot and bothered for NOTHING!!!

I went to the article which was from 2002 and had a major WTF moment!

If an erection going limp had a sound effect, play it now!

The key language of the OP's post that are in error, or very misleading, are the words 'is', as in, "is making a little noise", and "He's" which I assumed meant, "He is", when in fact it should be, "he was".

The article was from 2002.

I would like to propose a better title for this thread:
UFO DISCLOSURE PROPONENT IS MEMBER OF OBAMA TRANSITION TEAM

That would be the HONEST title for this thread.
(If the OP merely screwed up and didn't notice the date of the article, then I'll give you a big oops moment break!
)

[edit on 12-11-2008 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I get the feeling alot more people on the inside will be coming out under Obama as president, but I'm not yet convinced that disclosure will happen under his term.

Obama will bring change, but lets face it, he's still very big on national security. California, one of the most liberal states in the U.S., still isn't ready for gay marriage. How can the U.S. possibly be ready for UFO disclosure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join