It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying people of color when referring to black people. everyone is of color

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
what goes through the mind of a person that feels the need to not say black, or african american, whatever, but feels the need to say "colored" instead. white people are not white people of course, but regardless, your a color, asians, you have a color too, we all HAVE FREAKING COLOR.

i immediately have no reason to listen any further to anyone who refers to someone outside of being white, as a person of color, you are a blithering idiot, and you should thank the gods of the internet, that i cant jump through your computer screen and punch you in the face.

i try to be calm when it comes to race issues, but for the love of me, jesus christ, and im not even religious, i just get so tired of the stupid things that come out of peoples mouths. no offense to the "white" people of america, peach, whatever, doesnt matter, but please stop saying stupid shyt out your mouth. it mainly comes from you. no offense, really. im sure the white people of america have something to retort with, im just addressing this issue personally, from my tons of experience with it.

also, whatsup with the, why cant i say [SNIP] they say it, crowd. stop being a baby, and just let it go. okay, one word you cant say, and if you tell me your vocabulary is so limited, that you can not use any choice of word other than [SNIP], than you probably have a little bit of racist floating in your heart, and you want to find a way to say that word, without the benefit of me punching you in the face, or jumping down your throat with a tire iron.

im sorry, excuse my rant, but for the love of god i cannot understand people sometimes. being black/rican, i dont refer to any of my white friends as racial slurs, but yet i need to correct some when it comes to referring to me, or referring to others in that manner. usually its not those truly close to me that talk like that. either way, i just dont understand it at all.

maybe its because im not an idiot, that i can communicate with people without sounding like a retard. people are so socially inept nowadays, and just flat out stupid, that sometimes im just curious as to how they function on a day to day basis. like, what do stupid people do with their day.

Removed censor ircumvention

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9/11/08 by masqua]
Mod Edit: Removed religious epithet from title

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Stop saying people of color when referring to black people. jesus christ, everyone is of color

Even Jesus Christ was of color.

All this race talk on ATS has really thrown me off. I honestly didn't hear any of this during the Primaries and beyond. Guess I wasn't listening hard enough
It wasn't going on in my neck of the big city woods.

Meh, I have never been racist myself so I can't really relate. I just see humans.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Uggg.
No not everyone has color. I wish I had some color. Right about now, Im almost invisible or clear or translusent (whichever word fits)

Yeah the whole "race" "color" thing is overcoming all the important stuff

[edit on 11/8/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200
i just get so tired of the stupid things that come out of peoples mouths. no offense to the "white" people of america, peach, whatever, doesnt matter, but please stop saying stupid shyt out your mouth. it mainly comes from you. no offense, really. im sure the white people of america have something to retort with, im just addressing this issue personally, from my tons of experience with it.

Well...

Saying it mainly comes from white people is stereotyping by race. Just be careful not to become a victim of you are arguing against.

It could very well be that American's 'white' populace is more racist. I wouldn't know. I doubt it, if we factor in the entire World's cultures though. Either way, best not to dwell on the white racist folk either. Giving them that kind of attention may just fuel the fire. I say lead by example.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Right about now, Im almost invisible or clear or translusent (whichever word fits)

Vampiric marble?
You should feed on some racists to regain some color!

*hopefully you have read Anne Rice too

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i just see people too. just different complexions. i dont get it. i was on another hip hop forum earlier, allhiphop.com, and the comments their were so ignorant against white people. not all, but a nice handful, and im just confused. oh, im referring to obama as president, but my thread is just in general, but the only reason i made it, is because i saw someone say colored president in one of the active obama threads going on.

since obama is half white, or whatever, should he be a colored white?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A bit on edge are we now jimmy 1200?

You want to come through the computer screen and punch people in the face and put tire irons down their throats all because of word usage?

I'm very laid back and easy going but if you start to come through my computer screen you are going to get a rude awakening and some schooling.

You want to know why some people use person of color? OK I'll tell you why.

Ever since my high school was integrated in 1963 I have tried very hard not to insult anyone of the dark color. I have never known what the proper and respectful label to put on people of dark color. Many other people feel the same way.

Obviously it would be wonderful if we didn't feel the need to make a color distinction.

How dare you even advance the idea that we should call them the "N" word. That is very rude and disrespectful

By the way I am pink, tan, spotted, and very pale in some places.

I wish you could jump through my computer screen. You would have a different attitude when you got ready to transport yourself back to your computer.

Have you considered anger management classes?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
you take things to literally. anyone not white is considred of color. call it peach, tan, or whatever the point is your white so anyone darker is of color. no need to complain.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
and some are more colourful than others...

It's hard though and I'm sure we all find ourselves doing it..."..the black guy over there..." or "the asian lady..."...

if it's not skin colour it's gonna be something else....

"that skinny girl...", or "that fat guy..."

I don't think the majority of us even mean it derogatorily, it's just a way to differentiate between people.

We are a society and mass culture of labelists ( I made a new word)...

I am very much ANTI racist and I find myself doing it.

Rather than say simply "that guy" which could possibly be anyone...we add a label so that the person can be identified, be it black, white, fat, short, hairy, skinny, short haired.....

It is okay in most instances I think given innocent intent...there's always the other side though that uses labels to identify others for hateful reasons.

In a perfect world I guess we'd all be the same shape, size and colour...and what "fun" that would be huh?

My coworkers are almost predominantly Asian and Philipina and I've gotten used to be referred to as "that tall white girl..." I don't think it's ever been said in a demeaning or derogatory way it's just a reference to the immediately obvious

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Saying it mainly comes from white people is stereotyping by race. Just be careful not to become a victim of you are arguing against.

its just an observation, and i didnt mean anything racist by it. i just dont hear certain things come out the mouth of anyone other than white americans, young and old. alot of times they arent trying to be rude, but their choice of words are just fckng simple. i would say 98% of the things that i hear, or that are directed to me, are not meant to make me livid, but their just a poor choice of words on that persons part, but im just confused, since i dont use such terms, but yet people seem to feel the need to use it against me at times.

excuse any errors. im multitasking

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It mainly comes from us because you might be listening for it. I hear black and white and brown and yellow people say 'uncolored folks' just as much as I hear people say 'colored folks' in fact, I can name quite a few memories I have with black folks calling themselves 'colored folks'. So this really confuses me. Im going to have to agree with Lucid on this one. Just huemans.

Personally, Im sick of demographics, separating us all like a bunch of crayons. Im supposedly white but my skin is khaki and sometimes pink or red and my last name is brown, and I just cry myself to sleep sometimes because I dont know whats going on.
maybe we should take a poll, state our skin colour and preference for the acceptable label of our people. no, please dont. All the people from the visible spectrum unite!

[edit on 11/8/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

and I just cry myself to sleep sometimes because I dont know whats going on.

This both made me want to burst out laughing yet I feel the same way ....people are a lot alike underneath

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
Im going to have to agree with Lucid on this one. Just huemans.

Hah! Nice. I hadn't heard that one before hehe. I like it.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it's time for people to start recognizing each other as individuals, rather than belonging to a race, sex or whatever. Those are all just categories used to separate. At our base, we are all individuals.

I'm personally against any organization that promotes races, and people to. When I hear people like Jesse Jackson as being someone who represents "black people", I just shake my head. Or when I hear "white people voted for this" etc. In reality, they are just helping separate people. If you want to seperate people - keep pointing out their superficial differences. The media loves to spew that crap out.

Why not speak for individuals instead?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

I can't believe the anger in you!

Ok, I'll be fair and call them AFRICANS from now on which of course they really are.

Where do you get off threatning people on this board anyway?

[SNIP]

removed personal attack.

From the T&C's

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 9/11/08 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by jimmy1200

Ok, I'll be fair and call them AFRICANS from now on which of course they really are.

Well, really. That is not correct either - unless they were BORN in Africa or have African citizenship...........after all WHITE people are Africans too

[edit on 11/8/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm very laid back and easy going but if you start to come through my computer screen you are going to get a rude awakening and some schooling.

LIKE WHAT what do you think you are capable of, that im not. dont try to boss me on the internet. im very laid back too, but dont start talking like your somehow mysteriously god behind a computer screen, and im nothing more than a nerd with 1 inch biceps, and goggles for glasses.

How dare you even advance the idea that we should call them the "N" word. That is very rude and disrespectful

excuse me. where did i mention that you should refer to people as the n word. i addressed the, they can say it, but why cant i, argument.

put down your cup of liquor and read

[edit on 8-11-2008 by jimmy1200]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Well, I guess you could say that.
Obama is half white.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You are the IDIOT

please spare me. i did not directly threatened anyone on this board. it was a general statement to the ignorant people posting stupid nonsense behind their computer screen. so yes, if someone was that person, i do wish i could go through the computer screen and punch them in the face at times. thats all. calm down. its not even directed only at this board. just ranting. get off your high horse, like you never wished you could just pop someone in the face one good time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join