It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO images over Washington DC - w/ letter to Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet Death
That's right. Stealth was old technology by our standards. See what it did to Russia, they rushed to field stealth but didn't have the resources for many and China has been rushing to field stealth. We will show something else fancy soon and the others will burn resources trying to catch up to where we used to be.

Stealth was not old. When the stealth bomber was used against Iraq during the 1st gulf war, it was the latest and greatest.. all the Iraqis could do was look at their radar screens and say wtf as they were bombed yet unable to track the craft doing the bombing.
The stealth bomber was deployed as soon as possible because it was useful. If we had all of this tech now it would have been monumentally useful in wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, but weve seen no sign of it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

Really? I wrote Dick Cheney a letter regarding UFOs and he sent a reply letter back to me in 2004. So you're wrong.

Wow,
What did you write?

What was his reply???

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by NavalFC

actually not using technology that you have and other people gives you a distinct advantage over those who don't have it.

1. They have no clue you have the tech or not
2. They have no chance of obtaining or even observing what the tech does or duplicating the tech
3. You can keep the tech secret and until it is necessary to use it to your advantage while maintaining the illusion you have no such.
4. Even if you don't have the tech or haven't figured out all of it's secrets you can make it appear that you have such knowledge and just don't want to disclose it keeping your enemies guessing at your true potential even it is just a bluff.

It is called a Poker Face. best used if you don't lay your cards on the table.

That doesnt make sense in all instances. We could have still easily defeated Iraq in the first gulf war, even without the stealth bomber, but we used it anyway.

You dont keep technology once developed hidden for long. You deploy it,.
In addition to bolstering your military and tech industries (in ohter words if the US did have alien technology, and did master it, it would jump our technology by a couple hundred years in the span of a year or two..which would be perfect for getting us out of our current economic rutt, and would be useful in the war, but it still hasnt been deployed)

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
You guys writing Obama shouldnt waste your time.

You do realize that hardly anything that is written to the president by civilians actually reaches his hand? Staffers answer his mail, and convey the passions expressed therein to him. They will take one look at your UFO letters, dismiss you as "UFO nuts" and that will be the end of story.

Really? I wrote Dick Cheney a letter regarding UFOs and he sent a reply letter back to me in 2004. So you're wrong.

I gaurantee you it wasnt written by Cheney himself, and it was probabaly very generic.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You guys writing Obama shouldnt waste your time.

You do realize that hardly anything that is written to the president by civilians actually reaches his hand? Staffers answer his mail, and convey the passions expressed therein to him. They will take one look at your UFO letters, dismiss you as "UFO nuts" and that will be the end of story.

I gaurantee you it wasnt written by Cheney himself, and it was probabaly very generic.

Do you know how much mail those two get? do you really believe they dedicate a large portion of their time to answering it? No, they dont. they have staffers to do it for them. They simply do not have the time to answerr the immense volume of mail that comes in.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ah yes, Iraq and Afganistan. You are watching the pretty assistant instead of the magician. IMHO the ufo releases by the other governments and the two war fronts are distractions to keep your eye off the magician while he pulls a trick.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It wasn't Cheney himself. But the letter acknowledged that he read my letter and mentioned the term UFOs several times. It was direct from the Office of the Vice President and I still have it. My point is they do read letters. Not all or most, but some, and if they get a million UFO letters, perhaps Obama or people in his "camp" will take notice.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I wanted to respond to the person that said 'the image' that was posted on the introduction page was that of a ordinary helicopter shining a searchlight.

It is common that in the U.S. - regular issue spotlights are rated at an average of 15 million candlepower. And if that 'helicopter' - ( which the data in the image implies... but does not bear out ) - were close enough to get the dimensional relationship that is in the image - I strongly believe that the 'light beam' would appear stronger - and that there would be more detail to the fusilage of the aircraft.

Also, Washington DC is a highly-secured airspace. It is rare that anything is simply lollygagging around... 'lookin' for grubs.'

Unless it was something of a 'federal' nature - the odds of that simple explanation being the answer are dwindling.

---

Anyway, that was just one image. People have been taking images of Unusual aircraft over Washington DC for decades. Countless military personel ( some of surprizingly high ranking ) have come forth... along with police and firemen - and numerous average citizens have been witnesses.

And the guy that forwarded this latest info... has been documenting and speaking on the subject for years now.

Apparently though, some of you just know better. Your incensed attitude towards this thread is simply puzzling to me. If you think the subject and genre are such non-sense... what is the true reason that you folks come to a website of the nature of ATS??

You'd really have to follow the links... and read through... to make a more educated assessment...

and not just quickly glance at the pretty pictures and say; "Bullcrap!!"

IMO -
:@

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
P.S.

Sometimes... the 'Letters to the President' - were actually designed for 'you' to read.

And you'd be surprized... sometimes 'you' do.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
haventg seen a post from you in awhile. where you been?

I looked at the website you showd an thought it was interestin. there was more there than i thought. people should look closer.

all ufo look like an airplane in pictures. why should this be different? I dont think it is a helicopter. but peopel will see what they want.

Hiro

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
Hey, Greeneyed.

Would you mind if I cut and paste that map onto the webpage?? That is perfect in assisting to illustrate that event.

Fact is... every couple of months... there is a new batch of very unusal 'aircraft' images coming out of Washington DC.

The problem with the image being simply that of an aircraft departure, for me... is the drastic angle of liftoff - the fact that the enlarged version of it shows no obvious signs of 'horizontal stabilators' ( wings and tail ) -

Also, if you look closely - there is a near perfect 'triangle' of lights ( stars, if you must ) top, center ... in the photo. I believe that it is an 'instantaneous image.' As it is an image from a Nikon D700 - the image is either very acurate - or the 'doctoring' of such an image will be easily detected in analysis.

The 'motion-blur' theory is intellegent - yet, there are inconsistencies in what we would expect to see if that were the case. The 'trail' looks more like a light shining down - and I would jump to 'helicopter theory' - yet, again... the larger version of the image is inconsistent with that, concidering the power and quality capabilities of that model camera.

No way to actually verify it -- but it is but an example of many images taken over the capitol... in the last 5 years.... let alone - the last 5 decades.

I say that the image is 'holding up well' - and may entice review of collateral materials.

I appreciate your imput. The jury is still out on this one.

Interesting.

Just playing skeptics advocate here.... but the angle of takeoff could well be more shallow than the photo illustrates depending on the angle of motion with respect to the line from the craft to the camera. If the object is mostly moving towards the camera and up and to the right, it may well have a very gentle rate of climb.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I have trouble with the motion blur theory. The trail is much more narrow than the object, and given it's length, assuming that was an airplane it would have required a really long exposure time to cover that distance. wouldn't the excessively long exposure time have reduced the grain in the dark areas?

If it was motion blur, it would be as thick as the object itself and either the trail would be shorter or the noise in the rest of the image would be lowered by the excessive exposure time (and subsequent integration over time by the camera), or the object would have been moving extremely fast so that the exposure time could be short enough to be consistent with the amount of grain.

-rrr

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
you always say it is a airplane or a bug or a bird. then you always come back. why do you care then? why do you read ATS?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I appreciate your seemingly supporting the notion, Hiro. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. It is just a little sample of a pretty darn extensive body of work - concerning the possibilities over Washington, DC. Maybe that image is too easily blown-off by many. When it is enlarged - it looks rather suspect to me. IMO.

But there are lot of images of UFOs over the capitol... and some of them would be hard for a serious investigator to ignore. Also, there are records of such things going back to the Truman administration... -- maybe further.

Again... I am not trying to say something absurd... like UFOs shot president Lincoln, or anything. Just sharing some possibilities. And I wish people would simply accept it for what it is.

A few of you have... and I do appreciate that.

jb

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
P.S. - the 'nav lights' on the object in question... are inconsistant for configurations of a helicopter - or a conventional aircraft. Also - that light that is seemingly shining down - is blue in hue.

In case you wondered... why that image held any interest to me in the first place.

Sometime.... just Google 'UFOs + Washington DC' - I think you will be surprized what comes back. And I don' think that the man is wasting his... or our time... by studying this stuff. And I thank him for his efforts... in bringing it to our attention.

jb

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

That's right. Stealth was old technology by our standards. See what it did to Russia, they rushed to field stealth but didn't have the resources for many and China has been rushing to field stealth. We will show something else fancy soon and the others will burn resources trying to catch up to where we used to be.

Stealth was not old. When the stealth bomber was used against Iraq during the 1st gulf war, it was the latest and greatest.. all the Iraqis could do was look at their radar screens and say wtf as they were bombed yet unable to track the craft doing the bombing.
The stealth bomber was deployed as soon as possible because it was useful. If we had all of this tech now it would have been monumentally useful in wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, but weve seen no sign of it.

The U-2 spyplane started in late 1954 by Lockheed Aircraft under a contract with the Central Intelligence Agency .

The CIA began studying a replacement in 1958 for the U-2 that could fly at speeds above Mach3. This was OXCART and the A-12, a one seated version built by Lockheed. The Air Force soon developed the SR-71 Blackbird based on the OXCART design, as well as the Lockheed D-21 reconnaissance drone.

The modern steath project began in 1975 It was called project Harvey. It was named after the James Stewart movie about an invisible six-foot tall rabbit.

The Have Blue craft began development in 1977 which soon became the F-117 built and tested between 1981 and 1982.

B-2 Spirit bomber, first started in the late 1970s and was not made public until the 1990s.

The first F-117 squadron was declared operational in 1983.The first combat use of this stealth aircraft was in December 1989 during Operation Just Cause in Panama. It wasn't made famous until the gulf war in 1991.

Hardlythe latest and greatest technology, my military friend.

The newest technology is currently flying in the war and has not been made public yet. Even the operators are on a need to know basis. This is perhaps is the reason for the sightings of ufos over the battlefield that are being reported. However a very real admission of a craft described very much like the rumoured Aurora has been announced by the military.

~Hyp

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what you put in a letter or how many pictures you attach to it, it WILL NOT get as far as the person it is intended for i.e the President Elect Obama.

It'll go to one of his aids, they'll open it and straight away thrown it on the 'nutter' pile.

Thats what the postroom here at work do if they get any letters for the Governor's , they get security force to open and ascertain the importance of the written material , and if its bank related they'll pass it on to the Governor's secretary who decides if its really got to get to the Governor.

The same will happen with Obama, I doubt he'll get to read it and I think the only way your going to get him to read it is to add a HUGE list of signatures to it and post a copy to as many papers as you can to highlight the fact that your after him to publically 'endorse' or accept the information.

If you draw attention to it via the papers they can then follow the story and at least at a conference ask the question publically.

I also feel (personally) that in said letter you should offer 'amnesty' for those who instigated and endorsed and followed procedures in keeping the truth hidden , as well as asking those families that 'lost' loved ones to 'nefarious deeds'to offer forgiveness in exchange for truth. It will be a hard target to reach those families but if they have some sort of closure it will suit their needs and allow them to move on with their lives.
As for the 'amnesty' you will have to ask the public at large to endorse it and not to pursue 'vendettas' otherwise they will be in the same vein/league as those who perpetuated the crimes.
That way you can act all magnanimous when the truth finally comes out , but all this is wishful thinking as if the US Government admits to knowing the alien truth then they will also have to admit the fact that a lot of military technology and our own 'consumer' technology is based on the alien tech.
But good luck in trying , and thats we can do is try.

DO , OR DO NOT , THERE IS NO TRY - YODA

In this case ------ NOT

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
'Computer Games DON'T Affect Kid's.
If PAC-MAN Had Affected US As Kid's , We'd All Be Running Around In Dark Rooms, Munching Pills And Listening To Repetitive Electronic Music. - Gareth Owen.'

Yikes!! Now I feel like I am being watched!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
P.S. to DataWraith

The first I heard of 'Aurora' was back in the early/mid 1990's. So, it pretty much bears that that technology isn't exactly 'new' either.

I did get a chance to see them test something out of Vandenberg - in the mid 1990's - where a 'white dot' popped out of a 'donut rope' contrail - then instantaneously jump from horizon to horizon... leaving a yellow streak of quickly dissapating fire. Reminded me of 'StarWars - jump to hyper-speed.'

These things are real. And have been around for a very long time. Although... I am certain that people don't believe that either. But I also know that there are a few out there that recognize the truth in what I am saying.

You decide for yourself... but one day... it will be the truth, regardless.

jb

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by HypnoAsp
reply to post by NavalFC

The U-2 spyplane started in late 1954 by Lockheed Aircraft under a contract with the Central Intelligence Agency .

The CIA began studying a replacement in 1958 for the U-2 that could fly at speeds above Mach3. This was OXCART and the A-12, a one seated version built by Lockheed. The Air Force soon developed the SR-71 Blackbird based on the OXCART design, as well as the Lockheed D-21 reconnaissance drone.

The modern steath project began in 1975 It was called project Harvey. It was named after the James Stewart movie about an invisible six-foot tall rabbit.

The Have Blue craft began development in 1977 which soon became the F-117 built and tested between 1981 and 1982.

B-2 Spirit bomber, first started in the late 1970s and was not made public until the 1990s.

The first F-117 squadron was declared operational in 1983.The first combat use of this stealth aircraft was in December 1989 during Operation Just Cause in Panama. It wasn't made famous until the gulf war in 1991.

Hardlythe latest and greatest technology, my military friend.

The newest technology is currently flying in the war and has not been made public yet. Even the operators are on a need to know basis. This is perhaps is the reason for the sightings of ufos over the battlefield that are being reported. However a very real admission of a craft described very much like the rumoured Aurora has been announced by the military.

~Hyp

but it was new, because it was not unvelied until the 90s.

Development time is that, development time.

No, there are no space age planes flying in this war. Many of the so called battle field UFO sightings have been middle eastern civilians not being able to identify a UAV.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join