It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over A Billion, Possibly 3 Billion People Are Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ive started this thread today, because its something i really cant get my head around..

Before i carry on let me just tell you that i am not religious, either christian nor muslim, im using these two religons as an example because they are the most popular..

Ok, there over 1.2 billion muslims in the world, and theres over 2.1 billion christians.. Both religons are differant obviously, the thing is one of them has to be wrong, they both cant be correct, right? They could both be wrong infact..

Thats a substantial amount of people that are putting there faith into what they believe..

What would either party do if they found out that there religon was all wrong, i couldnt imagin what would happen.
There has been countless wars in the name of religon, and yet one of them is definatly without a doubt wrong, possibly both..

Im just gonna change the subject a little. How many people in the world believe that 9/11 was'nt carried out by bin laden, and was possibly carried out by elements of the American Government, I would say maybe a couple of million people in the world, could be more, Yet the evidence is substantial to the latter.. I would say that couple of million people are most probably right.. And yet the other 5.whatever billion are still in the dark..

Can you see what im getting at, its like this, How can so many people be wrong about something and yet so few people be right.. Its hard for me to comprehend it.. It makes me feel quite sad sometimes... Thanks for reading..

Is there anyone else out there that wrestles with these thaughts apart from me?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/11/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have better things to worry about

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have made many posts on topics such as religion so please feel free to read those so i can avoid copying and pasting anything.

as for 9/11 Some people live 10 years and figure it all out and some dont die till their 80 and never figure out @#$%. Be not afraid of death, fear for those who would kill you, because their lesson has yet to be learned.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I have better things to worry about

Im not asking you to worry about it my friend, im asking is there anyone that has thaught about this also..

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
I have made many posts on topics such as religion so please feel free to read those so i can avoid copying and pasting anything.

as for 9/11 Some people live 10 years and figure it all out and some dont die till their 80 and never figure out @#$%. Be not afraid of death, fear for those who would kill you, because their lesson has yet to be learned.

Are you religious?

I dont fear death at all, i would only fret for those who i leave behind..

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Humans pride themselves with haveing "intelligence", and yet they consistently fail to think.
They accept what has been told to them by others without question.
Once they have accepted a belief they fear to learn anything different.

Islam and Judeao-Christianity both have their roots in the monotheism of Egypt as promulgated by Pharoah Akhenaton. The Egyptian people eventually got fed up with him and expelled him and his followers.
This story is told as "The Exodus" in the bible.
Akehnaton was actually Moses. Moses is not a personal name, it simply means "son of".

The rise of Islam was done to keep the wheels of religion turning. A percievded enemy always strenghthens bonds of those who have something in common. i.e. Christians clung more tightly to their beliefs, as did the new thought group and both had more to fear. More divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
Ok, there over 1.2 billion muslims in the world, and theres over 2.1 billion christians.. Both religons are differant obviously, the thing is one of them has to be wrong, they both cant be correct, right? They could both be wrong infact..

A fitting quote from William Shakespeare's Romeo &Juliet:

" A rose by any other name should smell as sweet.."

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What if I(god) created a multi player video game, and let people worship whoever or whatever they so pleased? Let them think whatever and do whatever they want?
People would argue over who is right and who is wrong, and they would all be right and they would all be wrong, because they would be arguing over who has supremacy over the truth of a reality they cannot comprehend pure unadulterated truth in.

It is the way it is, because certain belief systems use more intimate tactics to keep you brainwashed. It depends on how much free time you have to think for your self, as well as how much fear is placed as a factor of your belief system.

Exactly why psychedelic drugs are mostly illegal almost anywhere in the WORLD, they are SYSTEM BUSTERS.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ok, there over 1.2 billion muslims in the world, and theres over 2.1 billion christians.. Both religons are differant obviously, the thing is one of them has to be wrong, they both cant be correct, right?
Why not? What's so incompatible about their gods? Couldn't they, in fact, both be praying to the same entity, just calling it different names and having different expectations regarding their rewards/penalties in an afterlife?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Ive started this thread today, because its something i really cant get my head around..

Before i carry on let me just tell you that i am not religious, either christian nor muslim, im using these two religons as an example because they are the most popular..

Its a good point OP.

The issue is personalisation of the "God" and if you walk the Walk or just "talk the Talk" of any "God"

Maybe they are all right?

If they are true and real to the core of the Prophet for that religion's basic fundamental Tenet's!

It's the people who want to use that message for personal power reason's or ego stroking that is the issue.

I think OP and all others I have displayed the answer to your question on a Thread here in my post, and more importantly the 2nd post I made just below this one: Dear Christian's

The answer is there I feel IMHO in my second post they are ALL RIGHT, though I would say the OP is not of that thread.

Simple really have a look, again Here

and in the context of the Op's Thread direction.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well all I can say is NARROW is the WAY and FEW there be that find it .
Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

I believe that many Wolves in Sheeps clothing are now in ALL Organized religions ...and they are all being MANIPULATED from the inside into bringing in the kingdom of satan on this earth ...............(which will mimic biblical prophecies of the second coming of Christ) ..

These Religions and Nations of those religions WILL SOON JOIN as ONE ..and work in unison with eachother (After a serious war to make the religions who wont come willingly (Syria,Iran etc and MANY others)come into the Interfaith and One World Gov.....(Only ONE superpower will rule ALL) there is a superpower war coming very soon to see who comes out as ruler (EU,UN,Arab League,Asians) .............you watch and see ...

4 Great Beasts all diverse from eachother ...will do battle and end up AS ONE .....

Yeah I could be wrong ..but thats what I am thinking right now ...

new topics

top topics

join