It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you hoping to see the next 4 years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Heres the question, but now the rules.

NO nastyness.
And you must say something positive.

In the next four years, i am hoping to see President Obama be The Black FDR, not The Black Karl Marx.

Feel free to say what you are hoping for.

And, last thing... Be realaistic...

[edit on 11/5/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I'm hoping the same thing on both sides honestly.

Part of me hopes Obama was truthful with some of the things he plans to do. Another part of me hopes he was only pandering on some of the things he said he would do.

I'm not sure what to expect from him honestly. Really I just hope the country is still intact in 4 years.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm hoping to still be able to go down to the gun shop and buy whatever the hell I want without suffering some cute caveat like a 500% safety tax.

link   
I want to see what jim jones(mark2), does, the same as the rest of you.

Being from londn, i am more interested to see how chris matthews and olbermann, treat a sitting preident that they love, in the real world.

link   
im hoping to see more of what i saw last night. a united country. people who were brought together for once without judgement, but came together for something so positive.

I want to see this country get back to where it once was before the 8 years of hell weve already endured.

The economy is awful. The american dollar has gone down. Jobs are hard to come by. We are still in a war.

But after last night I could see as clear as day, americans still have a lot of hope for what this country could be and that hope is what will move us forward into a better country.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I would like to see an end to the war. That is my #1 concern.

I would like to see a major reconsideration of our domestic economic policies, manifested in an end to outsourcing and foreign aid.

I would like to see an end to religious lobbyists, though without going so far as to encroach upon the individual's freedoms.

I would like to NOT see any attempted or successful assassinations. 'Specially not again in my neck of the woods.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am hoping that Congress get its priority straight and finally address the real issues we face..

Tired of hearing Presidential candidates give out plans for the same issues the last president and Congress promised to take care of.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
1. full UFO disclosure
2. global disarmament
3. complete protection of nature
4. elimination of religion
5. change economy to PARECON system
6. seize all religious wealth and use it to benefit the poor and hungry

...amongst others

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

NO nastyness. And you must say something positive.

What?! And take all the fun out it...?

O.K.

Full Disclosure (nice warren
)

Restored relations with a "few" different countries

A large taxation placed on all organized religions

Weed legalized

And most of all - Get our Social Capital back...

grammar edit!

[edit on 11/5/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What is needed in the US (in addition to guns why not if yr into that) is health insurance for the average Joe who just has a regular job (or is between jobs) and may or may not have "existing"health problems that would render private insurance unaffordable! hillary was into it, but obama is for it. It's an absolute necessity for the American people. Health care is NOT a fringe benefit of a cushy job; it is everyone's right: pay according to what you earn and benefit IF YOU need it! Seems like a lot of people against "socialized " health benefits think that tha working poor long to get sick in order to "reap the benefits" of the system" ! As if that were the issue. ]reply to post by jam321

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would like to see everyone sleep in the beds they made for themselves.

I would like to see lots of backbone.
Fear, as well as fearlessness.
Pride, and humility.
Honesty.
Hard dedicated work.
Our constitution to stay the same.
Our freedoms protected instead of picked apart and skewed.
And last but not least for my money to stay in my pocket.

top topics

join