It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prop 8 Passed. We take a step back.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Gays lack of values:

1.Helped take care of my grandfather from the age 14-19 whom had Alzheimer's Disease after my Uncle stole his life savings. The whole nursing home care type thing, lifting him, feeding him through a tube, changing Depends etc. Nice Preacher Man my uncle was.

2. Moved in with a partner at 19 and attended college for three years while working part time. Partner gets sick (cancer) and his religious grandmother literally gives me two days to move claiming I had brought down judgment on him. Funny thing is I felt she brought down judgment on me. I had nowhere to go so had to beg my parents to let me move back 200 miles to stay with them. He died without me ever getting any more info on him.

3. After one of my brother's wives got hooked on crack and literally bankrupted him I let him move into my home and raised his two children partially as my own for five years. Yes I changed diapers, made doctors appointments the whole nine yards until my brother got himself together. I still help out with his children. I practice karate with my nephew and practice cheers with my niece. They know what I am and have no problem.

4. Reprimanded on the job because some religious people didn't want to work with a gay guy. This after the married woman made a sexual move on me and I refused.

5. Two years ago quit my very well paying job and moved back home to care for my sick parents after my father had a massive heart attack and mom wasn't getting along so well either. I work at a crummy job that is close to home but I'm happy to be there for them.

I wish I could marry if I could find someone decent lol.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by toochaos4u]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I dont believe in gay marriage. Marriage is a christian religious act between a man and a woman. Christianity does not condone homosexuality so you cant force it to abandon its beliefs.

I do believe that homosexuals should have some kind of marriage equivelant, i.e civil partenership.

But basically, marriage is a christian ceremony. They dont agree with homosexuality, so you cant expect them to allow people who probably arn't christian any way use their practices.

Im not relgious myself but I respect other peoples views. A compromise should be brought forward.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
What makes me sick is gay people wanting schools to read books to young kids where the prince falls in love with a prince. That is just wrong, I wont allow my kids to ever go to a school where they preach that being gay is normal and ok. If your gay, thats fine I have no problem with it, But dont try to brain wash kids at a young age.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The majority have spoken in California. I'm guessing not all Californians are as "openminded" as they would have us believe...

I don't agree with the voters decision, but it is their decision. Nothing saying the decision can't be changed again, however. Don't give up, you who disagree with the voters.

The state constitutions and the big one in DC are written to protect not just the majority, but especially the minority...all too many people seem to forget that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Demanding the stop of the degrading of Moral Values is disgusting!

I mean people standing up for what the believe and saying "No, I will not let you tell me that this is right by rationalizing that monkeys are gay too. I will not allow you to flip moral value because you think it doesn't hurt anyone. I will not let you tell me that when Gays or Lesbians adopt a young child, that that child will have a true moral compass, knowing right from wrong, knowing what marriage really is or means, being confused about how babies are really made. No I will not let you tell me that I cannot demand that my children not have this forced upon them in schools. No I will not allow you to ban my rights by making it illegal to stand up for what I know is right and moral. No I will not allow a judge to legislate his views from the bench. No I will not allow you to outlaw my views by saying that I am Racist, Homophobic or a Bigot because I view this as a sin. No I will not allow you to tell me that Marriage is a civil ordination when it has always from the beginning been a religious institution. No we will not allow you to redefine marriage in this way. I will not allow you to look me in the face and say it wont hurt anyone, that it is your right and that government has no base to tell you that you cant do it, all the while trying to get the governments permission for your already "perceived" right."

Thats disgusting isn't it, having people with a backbone, especially in California. I mean what right do they have to stand up for what they believe? It's a step backwards when we have people like that, willing to stand up for their rights like that. We don't know whats good for us, really, we need someone else to tell us what is right and wrong, like the Government or Mediocre Purple Pen people, "because we don't want to hurt their feelings and harm their psyche and reward them for not excelling at all completely failing" type of people.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by arcnaver]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Somehow missed this post...
You, sir, are a hero in every sense of the term. Not everyone would, or could, do that. Which is the definition of a hero. Well done. Good karma will be yours someday.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I surmise that large numbers of Hispanics in California would be one factor....

Their image of the Macho Man doesn't include Homosexuals.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I love how people keep harping on the "I don't want my kids to be taught gay stuff in skool!" propaganda 'they' promoted on the tube. People will believe anything the tube tells them 'cause just like our government, the tube would never misrepresent or 'lie' to us, now would it?

Chrono

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
Right now, I'm going to admit, I am a lesbine. I have trolled and watched all the comments about the gay comments, and actually was afraid to admit it, but here I am. Now, it would be nice to be recognizied as a "human being" by the religious community, but I don't see that happening. All "they" see, is what the bible (take out the 2 b's and put the L in front of the i). Can you imagine, what this world would be like if we didn't have such a biased GOD. Excuse me. God loves us no matter what.

We are all here to learn something, not matter what it is, we are "all" here to learn to love one another as souls, not human religion, as has been made up to keep us all fighting. Out of all the lie that I read, was a truth hidden that the illuminati does not want us to do, to LOVE each other as an equal and a fair life of learning. I have been through my hell, and if I were to tell you, it would literally be a book of a 1000 pages in very small print. I am a very nice, considerate, caring, loving human soul, as we are only in a shell, LOVE is the answer. Does not matter to me about marriage, I don't care about that, it is the equality of spirit that matters, not a tax deduction, or a, (lets's go against religion thing). It is a love of one another that binds us together as a whole, that is all. Most heterosexuals can (not all), only think of the "sexual" part, that is "not" what it is, it is a "love" union, as straight humans have, what is wrong with that. By the way, I am not flaming, I am just stating facts. We love as you love, no matter the flesh of how we turn out.

You are right that Love is Love no matter what, however, where you are in error is that God called men who lay with other men and women who lay with other women an ABOMINATION. That is a label by the Almighty himself. You cannot argue that fact as it is what it is. Sure, you were born a child of God, and yes, He loved you, but when you made the choice to lay with other women, you turned your back on Him. I would not expect Him or or any other person who believes in the Bible for what it is, to offer you forgiveness until you repent for your sin and clean up your life with its regard. This is the truth of both Christian and Muslim religions around the world.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This thread is being temporarily closed while the staff decides upon action. In general this has occurred because of an alert or a staff member has noticed a majority of OT posts causing thread drift, or because of an unusual number of trolls, or ill mannered posts.

If any Member would like to post a calm, reasoned and logical argument as to the benefit of reopening it using the suggestion/complaint button, it will receive the full attention of the staff.

Thank you for your active participation in helping to make ATS the best it can be.

-Forum Mod

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join