It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Obama's Grandmother Dies on Eve of Election

elections.foxnews.com

Barack Obama's maternal grandmother -- Madelyn Dunham -- died in her home Monday after a prolonged battle with cancer.
The Democratic presidential candidate announced the news in a joint statement with his sister Maya Soetoro-Ng.
"She was the cornerstone of our family, and a woman of extraordinary accomplishment, strength, and humility. She was the person who encouraged and allowed us to take chances," the statement said.
The candidate learned of her death Monday morning while he wascampaigning in Jacksonville, Fla. He planned to go ahead with campaign appearances.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This just seems to be timed just right to get some sympathy votes. I know it seems harsh to say but there has been evidence to show that people who are deathly ill do not die before a big event such as a birthday and anniversary. Having your grandson become President would be huge.

Your thoughts?

elections.foxnews.com

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861

This just seems to be timed just right to get some sympathy votes. I know it seems harsh to say but there has been evidence to show that people who are deathly ill do not die before a big event such as a birthday and anniversary. Having your grandson become President would be huge.

Your thoughts?

elections.foxnews.com

My thoughts were:

"Damn, that was a bit too soon!"

My thoughts at the moment are with the Obama family, it must be crushing for Obama as he was close with his grandmother.

- Picture of Barack Obama with "Toots".

[edit on 3-11-2008 by IceColdPro]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reguardless of questions against or about obama thats sad

my prayers are with his family.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Also knowing that she was dieing of cancer the ones that control Obama could have killed her knowing it would just look like cancer. All in the effort to get a sympathy vote. I can only imagine how heart broken Obama must feel though.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That pretty much ends Baracks personal connection to America doesn't it?
The article stated that his Grandmother was 86; I wonder if there exists any hidden significance of that number.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"I'm sorry, mr Obama, it appears your grandmother has been given a year to live."
"...I think that's a bit optimistic, doc...the election's this week!"

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Its not really funny though, its embarrassing. This is a sad day indeed for more reasons than one.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Kellter]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family today on what must be a really hard day..

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why is it some of you simply cannot just pay your respects?

Though I am not a supporter of your campaign, I am a supporter of you and your family in this in this time of mourning. May God bless you all as you mourn.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Timed it" for "sympathy votes"? Wow...you must really hate Obama.

If anything, I am guessing his grandmother would have wanted to see the outcome of the election.

I'm not a fan of Obama (or McCain for that matter), but my sympathies are with him and his family. Losing a family member, especially to cancer, is rough. I watched my mother and three of my uncles die of cancer. It's a nasty disease.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh for goodness sake....I highly doubt cancer takes note of election dates and having known people dying of cancer I can tell yah that when it's time to go...it's time to go.

Sympathy votes??? You're kidding right? The entire family has had ample time to grieve...they knew full well she was terminal and I have no doubt that like most families who suffer a loss this way they dealt with in their minds and hearts before she was even gone...

It is natural for anyone to mention a recently departed one in a moment or presence of audience, especially if it was a person who gave great strength and pride.

Sometimes I just shake my head at the things I read and ignore them but this was just plain ridiculous.

Now if you wanna say that the MEDIA is gonna play it up that's fine, we ALL know they will...but as for the family...I have no doubt it was expected and has already been dealt with individually on a personal level OUTSIDE of the media.

Murder??? Oh good gravy...I just can't even....

Yeah the Spooks went in undercover see, and they pulled the plug see, yeah that's it...just to give Obama a cutting edge in the elections...

AHAHAHAHAAHH - okay that's it. Have fun.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wait, are you people so cynical to think that Barack Obama's grandmother timed her death so that her grandson can get sympathy votes?

God help the people that post on ATS. I've been with the boards for 4 years, have seen several biggoted statements, hell even endured a skinhead invasion of our ATS boards for a couple of months.

But nothing, nothing this low.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was, of course, merely joking. It's a terrible thing to happen, but sometimes all you can do is laugh...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Regardless of one's political leanings I would think we could all have the decency and respect to leave politics out of the equation in this particular topic. A family has lost a loved one, and regardless of how you feel about Obama or his policies that is never something to be scoffed at. It does not take agreement on politics to understand that this is a sad day for Obama and his family.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Are you kidding me?
Remind me to say those kinds of things to you when someone you love dies.

Barack has an uncle that fought in WWII that he mentioned during the DNC, so he has connections to the US. Connections like being born here. That would be one.

RIP Toot.

Let the man mourn.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i would like 2 send some love to obama and his family at this time.
and the skeptics don't bother me that is the nature of this website,
and i like to look at things with an open mind. either way this is a very sad thing for anyone especially since she won't get to see the outcome of the greatest moment in her grandsons life. something tells me she will be watching from above.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well he can't be that broke up if he's keeping his campaign appearances.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join