It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Catch phrases that make me nuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I swear if I read one more title that begs/demands for people to "Wake up" I'll scream.

people are awake dammit, regardless of what reality they wake to they ARE awake...I love the arrogance of the saying, really, as though the only person to be fully awake to the "true" reality is the poster.

Theoretically there are a multitude of realities and we pass through them daily, every time you cross paths with another human being you are entering their reality momentarily and they into yours...so how can one suppose to KNOW what is a state of truthful awakenings with so many people and so many realities all intermingling with one another? Each wakeful to their own state of reality.

There are other catch phrases bouncing around ATS that get a bit irritating but the "wake up people" threads are at the top for me as MOST irritating.

Thanks for the vent
now on to fluffier titles.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

I hear you JG.

The way I look at it, there are two kinds of sheeple, those who accept everything they are told, and those who feel they have to go against everything mainstream without question.

The "Wake Up Sheeple!" crowd usually falls into the second catagory.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

AAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sheeple!!!!!! THAT is another one that irks me LMAO....

I'd like to poke the guy/gal who coined that phrase right in the eye. Really.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think that was Alex Jones?

He deserves a good
IMO anyways.

Of late I would have to add "Channeled Message" and "Time Traveler" to my hit list.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Have a few on me:

"Genuine pix----no hoaxing!"
these photos are never something the poster took eself; just some crappy, wobbly video they found on youtube that looks like my toddler flushed my camera phone down the toilet.

"Why are skeptics so narrow-minded???"
because they focus on, like, the real world, you simpering wimp.

"Who are we to say?"
um, we are the people who post comments about the issue, that's who.

"it's a known fact that . . . ."
if it were really known, you wouldn't have to remind us. This is merely an appeal to an imaginary authority, we are supposed to sheeple-ly subscribe to.

"Get reel, peeple!"
are you encouraging me to film the proceedings in super 8, or to go fishin instead of arguing with the likes of you? Either way, i just lost IQ points reading your mundane thread, which was a repeat of a better, longer thread from last year, which itself was only a parady of one of plato's dialogues.

all the best.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am so tired of seeing the phrase, "Wrap my mind around it".

Also the phrase, " This is not a one liner".

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

"Why are skeptics so narrow-minded???"
because they focus on, like, the real world, you simpering wimp.

I could not have put that in better terms.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

"Get reel, peeple!"
are you encouraging me to film the proceedings in super 8, or to go fishin instead of arguing with the likes of you? Either way, i just lost IQ points reading your mundane thread, which was a repeat of a better, longer thread from last year, which itself was only a parady of one of plato's dialogues.

thanks Dr. I near shot a full mouth of coffee out my nose reading that!

(this is not a one liner sorry dizzi)

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've always liked the Whispers In The Dark which went around ATS for a while back a long long time ago.

Its something that should never be spoken of again.

WITD

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
PTB/TPTB really bothers me...I stared at my computer screen for a half hour trying to figure out what the hell that stood for the first time I saw it. That, and MSM. I hate abbreviations; you're typing in a forum people, there is no deadline! You can take the extra two seconds to actually type out "Mainstream Media" or "The Powers That Be"...it's not that hard! It actually makes reading a lot smoother to the newer folk who can't understand what the abbreviation stands for simply by the context of your posts! [/rant]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Also the phrase, " This is not a one liner".

LOL That one drives me NUTS.

My personal most hated: 'Religion is just a method of control,' with all it's numerous variations. It's especially irritating when the thread is very issue specific but the parrots can't help themselves from saying that generic line in any thread dealing with a religious topic.

Edit: Oh, and '100% Absolute PROOF!!!!...' when it never, ever is. lol

[edit on 11/6/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh, and '100% Absolute PROOF!!!!...' when it never, ever is. lol

Hear hear! I couldn't agree more with that one! I HATE it when I see 100% Absolute PROOF!

Especially when theres no vodka anywhere in the thread!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Edit: Oh, and '100% Absolute PROOF!!!!...' when it never, ever is. lol

[edit on 11/6/2008 by AshleyD]

Lol, was just about to say that one, you beat me to it .....grrrr

Another one I hate is anything involving someone calling someone else a disinfo agent.

Obviously Ive been on the recieving end of that one repeatedly

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We've been collecting a small selection of "Stock replys" over at here.

Feel free to join in! Were up to 138 so far! You may find this amusing and we are always looking for more. (chuckle)

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks deson!!! That's a hefty list going on there LOL

Seems there are a lot of "standardized" phrases and sayings here on ATS.

Another I saw recently was "pictures or it didn't happen" LMAO

*sigh* It does get tiring sometimes reading them and I've avoided a lot of threads just based on title alone LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am going to add in comments along the line of "Just Google and you'll see for yourself!"

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm heading over to the thread now to see the list.

I will leave you with another quote.
'wiki (or google) is your friend'

way to go with that advice.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
LMAO I am soooooooo guilty of that one "Google is your friend"...I am humbled. BUT it IS true....google is YOUR friend
The other list is coming along great too BTW check the link above to add yours too it!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Shadow watcher, justgeneric,

I have taken the liberty of splitting them and adding them into our master list as "Google is your friend" and "Wiki is your friend".

Skyfloating,
I'm checking out the thread that you linked to. ooog!

Edit to add: (89)

"pictures or it didn't happen" also added.

Skyfloating,
I've just finished reading the thread. My take?

:bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd: :bnghd:

I agree.

[edit on 7-11-2008 by Deson]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join