It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin pranked, thought she was talking with Sarkozy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This is quite funny, Palin was pranked by The Masked Avengers, she thought she was having a call with President Sarkozy. Audio is on the website below, gotta love those Canadians.

www.dailykos.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Anything and anyone associated with the Daily Kos makes me ill. They have become completely unhinged during this election cycle and have as a result lost all credibility. Listen at your own descretion.

I really hope Obama loses and that site loses all its readers.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This sort of stuff, IMO is very distasteful, and immature...

I wonder if the origional pranksters will be criminally charged... I would think that impersonation of an international leader might be Illegal in most countries...

This makes me sick...

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Oh come on... criminally charged over a joke... you guy take yourselves waaaay too seriously.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It is funny - but I think it's terrible! I don't think it's right. This crosses my personal line... I feel really badly for her. That was mean.

Nothing against you, DraconianKing...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes, it was a joke...

But has anyone thought about the fact that the person being impersonated was not just the president of France, but is currently the president of the European Union?

It is illegal to represent yourself falsely as a military office, police officer and many other positions of authority, why would it not stand to reason that its illegal to represent yourself as the President of the EU?

Suppose they had "jokingly" called up, and told her that they were going to attack Iran?

Its not the content or the joke... its the act of impersonating a person in a position of power like that...

My response is not politically motivated, I'm just stating that it is wrong, and potentially illegal for even a comedian...

Imagine if someone claiming to be McCain or Obama started doing robocalls and making false claims? They would be charged criminally...

Remember, its not the content of the joke, its the impersonation of an important figure I think could get them in hot water...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by red_leader
reply to post by nj2day

Oh come on... criminally charged over a joke... you guy take yourselves waaaay too seriously.

Exactly, perhaps her office should check their caller id from now on so as to avoid any further embarrassment.

She should know better anyway, can't she see Canada from her house?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I heard about this - I have not listened to this bilge.

I H A T E this kind of crap. Purely hate it. To me, it is less than third-grade 'humor' and not funny at all in the slightest ever.

I am very sorry for Gov. Palin on this one. Nobody deserves this, not even George Bush (such is the depth of my disgust at this kind of behavior).

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Although they have a right to prank someone (criminal charges is a bit fascist over a joke) this was NOT funny at all. It just didn't make me laugh, it was actually quite painful to listen to. Tactless, and mean spirited...it lacked anything close to charm.

She actually seems like a nice person, if not a bit naive.

Meh, she needs to get a better screener.

- Lee

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I would think that impersonation of an international leader might be Illegal in most countries...

Well George Bush has been getting away with it for nearly 8 years now.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
lol everyone is missing the point of my origional post...

I didn't not say they should be charged.. instead speculated on if it was illegal to impersonate world leaders...

I don't think they should be criminally charged because they pranked her, I was wondering what the law says about the impersonation.

Absolutely no good can come out of pranksters impersonating world political leaders, and calling up other political figures... In fact, it has some rather bad implications.

Suppose I jokingly call up the white house, impersonating Putin? would that be different?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It is funny - but I think it's terrible! I don't think it's right. This crosses my personal line... I feel really badly for her. That was mean.

Nothing against you, DraconianKing...

I agree. I did not like it at all. I felt bad for her and wish they hadn't done that. It really wasn't funny and wish they wouldn't associate themselves with Barack Obama as he would NEVER find anything like this funny. Poor Lady

On a side note. I was at a basketball game last night and in front of me was this gentleman with a Halloween costume on (or partially). His arms were covered with fur and he had what looked like bear paws. The rest of his body was normal without a costume so it was only his arms that had what I considered partial costume. I couldnt take it anymore and wanted to find out what he was wearing and what it was suppose to be so I asked him. He goes, "I'm the Second Amendment, the right to bear arms"..I had to laugh because I found that so creative.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder if Palin's assistant or intern is still employed?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't think it was THAT bad. I mean, they probably should not have done it at this time because her emotions are probably high with the big day coming up on the 4th. But, they didn't say anything incredibly horrible to her. People get pranked all the time, and she says she is just like us, right? I think she handled it well, I just don't get how she didn't catch on when he started hitting on her lol. Well, no harm no foul. I'm sure she will be okay.

On a lighter note, she didn't say anything that would ruin the campaign. A lot of people like to think that when two political figures get together they get all diabolical.. She was actually kind and stuck with everything she and McCain had been saying all along. This prank may have given me a different view on Palin.
Thats not to say I would vote for them, but.. You guys get what I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
*snip*
All they need now is for someone to prank call her as Osama bin Laden and then they can say they "got him" and win the election.

Good work I say, the only people calling Palin must be prankers.

*Mod Edit: Removed the political baiting bit...cheers.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by alien]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Must say i got a good laugh out of that one. Anyone could fall for a prank but she is not fit for office, with or without this prank.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
From a comment left on the site:

Prankster: I just love killing those animals. Mmmm...mmmm...take away life! That is sooo fun!!

Palin: haahahahah!

Makes you wonder...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ha ha ha - good stuff!

if nothing else they'll know better next time.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Tasteless? Maybe - I don't think so.

Childish? Sure.

An expose of how incredibly amateur Palin's outfit is? Yes.

I am a bit amazed that people were left feeling sorry for her. That they think this is over the line. I mean come on it is a joke! And sadly if Palin and Co are stupid (and I MEAN stupid) enough to fall for it that is their own problem.

I thought it was pretty classic myself. Sarkosy calling Palin? "My wife is hot in bed" oh my god and she just keeps playing along....PLEASE! How stupid does one have to be. The guy dosent even sound french or like Sarkosy....

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Too funny, I would have knoecked that crazy talk off right away, and that crazy laugh. Are you sure this is actually really Palin?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join