It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting over new york from plane.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I did a search and could not find a previous thread for this video. It doesn't look fake but the object is hard to make out.
Its in the last few seconds.

would love to hear some thoughts here.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
nice find. Having personally seen dozens, I can say that i 100% believe UFO's are real. Whether ET or man made is the question though.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Thanks for sharing: extremely hard to say.

But my first take is that it MAY be a boat.
Not claiming that it IS, just saying that it MAY be

[edit on 31/10/2008 by internos]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
hi neph

don't know what the 'experts' are going to say aout this one, but after running it ful screen and enlarging it, it definitely shows a very distinct saucer shape with a dome on top of it.

good find, interesting to look over. star for my friend.

seeker

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

internos, as always, I take your opinion above most others; perhaps it is a boat, but is interesting,yes?

I trust you will come up with a good and reasonable theory for us.

waiting ...

seeker

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was hoping to see a wake off the back of the object which would certainly help clarify that it is a boat.

So if it is a boat, its stationary.

Still the odds of it being a boat is pretty high.
You can see boats, lots of boats as the plane takes off and also where it is located is in open water.

I totally agree with internos here, big ol' boat!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

hmm interesting.. thats very possible.. will have to watch again more closely thanks Internos.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is what I don't understand about this OBVIOUS (at least to me) boat sighting (I mean, at 3:07 you can see land to it's right QUITE clearly, which leads me to believe that it is a clearly visible boat.)

Why is there so much footage BEFORE the thing is visible, but it cuts off WHILE WE ARE STILL LOOKING AT IT? My guess is to hide the fact that it IS a boat.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gonna agree with hank on this one. Why film all the way thru the take off, only to stop when an item of interest is found? Couple that with the fact that it looks (at least to me) like nothing more than a boat, and is right where you'd expect a boat to be.... well then for me it makes it hard to say it is anything other than a boat. The only question to me, is whether to classify it as mistaken identity or deliberate hoax. The suspicious nature of where the film ends makes me lean towards the latter.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why one would film everything from taxiing down the runway, through take-off and then as soon as they spot something "interesting" they stop filming. To me, that doesn't make any sense.

I would agree with those who suggest it is a boat. The camera angle seems to be tilted downward towards the water.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I, too have to agree on the boat theories.

The camera operator is pointing right down to the ground/ocean at the time of the sighting.
It is a big boat though, probably a huge yacht or the like.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This video came through here in September 2007.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We decided it was a boat then, as well.

The poster had a better resolution video available. I made this boaterrific frame grab...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If it is a boat it has to be a very large one IMO, anyone who has seen a boat from a plane would concur, I'm not saying it isn't so don't get me wrong, I just have a feeling it would be quite a bit smaller than it appears in the video.

An altitude would be nice, then we could maybe get an answer from that info?

Any aircraft experts out there, who can work it out from average takeoff speed and climbing angle, and elapsed time?

It will be something simple like this, that will answer the UFO question in the end I bet.

But for now I will accept a boat, for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sorry, totally inconclusive!! That can be just about anything.

Forum Cruiser

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

after watching the vidoe several times, i agree with the consensus; the plane is definitely banking sharply to the left, and the object does appear to be a boat at anchor.

oh well.

seeker

new topics

top topics

join