It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

23% of Texans believe Obama is a Muslim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
I really don't understand this. Even if he was a muslim what is the big deal? Aren't people allowed to practice whatever religion they want?

I think it would be a big deal if he was a secret mulim.
nothing wrong with being a muslim but if you are hiding your religion, now that starts to get a little sketchy. but i don't think this is the case.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i n the article it says The Texas poll interviewed 550 registered voters in Texas ........

Then the title should be 23% of 550 registered voters polled in Texas....

I know for a fact they didn't call every person in Texas.

The title is very misleading.....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Obama's religion is not Christian, Black Liberation Theology or even Muslim

His religion is PANDER. And he worships at the altar of self-adoration.

When he's with Christians, he calls himself a Christian and he quotes the bible. When he's with non-Christians he snears at those who 'cling to guns and religion'. When he's with left leaning media he says that the muslim call to prayer is the most beautiful sound in the world. (that's something no christian would EVER say). When he's with the angry black folks at Rev. Wrights cult, he is a Black Liberation Theologist (which isn't really Christian either).

His religion is PANDER.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I bet one could find 126 people out of 550 in every state that think that fact. Not saying that there are not a few in Texas that either believe what they are told or just don't learn the truth.

Wonder what party is pushing this bogus idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Appreciate what you state.

Being a proud Texan, I resent people labeling Texas as racist based on the opinions of 550 people out of the 20 something million that reside here.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I doubt that he is sincere about his religious and moral claims.

As far as fear of muslims, come on. How many thousands of Americans have been killed by Presbyterians commandeering planes and altering the New York Skyline?

His name isn't Barack Martin Luther Obama, now is it.

Did you think MLK was a Christian, or that his parents were, because they gave him the name of the biggest reformer in Christian history?

Well, Hussein is the honorific reserved for persons directly descended from the profit Mahammad (pbuh). In Africa, the name is given in hopes that the child will grow up to be particularly devout, and not necesarily because of a genetic link to the prophet.

Given that, it isn't exactly wild-eyed paranoia to think that Obama has emotional ties to islamic culture.

How many of you attended a Midrassa as kids? Well, he did.

So the Texans might be excused for.... not trusting what the media have told them, and about what a ....politician....says about what his real beliefs are....

and yet said texans are mocked, on the premier conspiracy site for being .... sheep.

interesting times indeed.

all the best.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But he is a Muslim right? Just kidding. I live in Texas and I don't know anyone who believes that he's Muslim. I suspect there are some misinformed that think so, but these polls are such a small sample of the actual population I don't even know how they are credible. Especially when you have a state the size of Texas.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I bet one could find 126 people out of 550 in every state that think that fact. Not saying that there are not a few in Texas that either believe what they are told or just don't learn the truth.

Wonder what party is pushing this bogus idea.

Exactly what I was about to post. The fact that they singled out Texas or any one state is what's stupid.

I guarantee you can poll ANY state, including California, and you will find a percentage greater than 0% that believe Obama is a Muslim.

As for the idea that religion affects politics - it's sad, but it does. I've always said and I will always say that Mitt Romney being a Mormon is what cost him the Republican nomination in this race, even though he did the VERY SAME THING that John F. Kennedy did back when he was campaigning and was being questioned about his affiliation with the Catholic Church - he gave a special speech to America explaining what Catholicism was and that it would have no bearing on his tenure of office. In JFK's case it worked, but in Romney's case it didn't.

To me, it's a sign that Americans are more religious intolerant nowadays than they were back then. The anti-religious movement has picked up so much steam that it's almost "cool" to be anti-religious and flout it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Those will be the KKK members, yea we know all about them. Thing is, if this country does devolve down to civilwar/ revolution, you can count on those good ole boys to be right in the thick of it. I don't condone their ethics, but I do like their spirit. They are the reason why you don't mess with Texas.

PG

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I just could not resist.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
When he's with left leaning media he says that the muslim call to prayer is the most beautiful sound in the world. (that's something no christian would EVER say).

Why, isn't it? I don't know, haven't heard it but a coworker played the old USSR national anthem a couple of days ago and it was like, "Damn, forgot about that tune. The loveliest anthem ever." That doesn't make me a pinko commie, does it?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I always liked that song, too.

Kinda miss hearing it at the Olympics...

...and if he is Muslim, who flippin' cares? That, in and of itself, doesn't disqualify him in any shape, fashion, or form, from being President of these here United States of America.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
One of my students last year told me that Obama is a Muslim, I asked him how he got that, he said his dad told him. I told him to go home and ask his father where he get that information. I told the student it wouldn't surprise me that many would believe that Obama is Muslim because of the similarities of the name with Osama. The next day, the student tells me that his father admitted that he was wrong.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
23% of texans probably just beleive he has not denounced his muslim ways... i mean he was babtised and bacame christian after a childhood of muslim religion, that's a fact, but it just shows 23% of texans will still beleive he is muslim.... probably because they dislike him and see muslim religion as a good accusation against him in some way

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That doesn't mean anything.... they like bush minor as well.

Need I say more?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

How much is 23% times 550?

The answer you get is the number of people in Texas that believes he is a Muslim. The other 20 something million have yet to be polled on that question.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

What? You mean the guy that was born in New Haven, Connecticut and attended Yale University? Yeah, about 50% of the country likes him too.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by grover

What? You mean the guy that was born in New Haven, Connecticut and attended Yale University? Yeah, about 50% of the country likes him too.

Present tense? Are you sure about that?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is so funny and something that proves to me many people are and allowed to be so easily manipulation by others.

Yes people do believe that Obama is Muslin and that is not only in Texas.

Here in GA too and the majority that do believe that is as per my opinion white poor people.

I remember a particular older lady that as she was watching the TV while waiting to be seen by the doctor she looked at a commercial of Obama and completely started to talk pretty bad about him making very nasty comments in her very uneducated southern version of English.

I still remember her last comment "And he is a muslin".

I came to the conclusion that in the south the majority of people like her are not only very racist but actually believe that he is the devil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join