It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Gives Birth to Triplet Granddaughters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

CLEVELAND (AP) — Not only has a 56-year-old Ohio woman given birth to triplets, but they're her own granddaughters.
Jaci Dalenberg of Wooster carried the babies as a surrogate for her daughter, Kim Coseno. The two identical twins and their sister were born by Caesarean section Oct. 11 at the Cleveland Clinic's Hillcrest Hospital in Mayfield Heights and are still in the hospital's care. They were more than two months premature and each weighed less than three pounds.

Associated Press

Wow. The headline sure raised my eyebrows LOL I wonder why the couple did not want to conceive a baby naturally themselves? Perhaps the grandmother's daughter can't bare any children herself?

That makes the woman who carried the triplets ..mother grandmother? Grandmother mother?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh now that is a strange one...

I hope the babies do well it is not easy when they are born so premature!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Source

Jaci agreed to be a surrogate mother for the couple after medical troubles from years earlier inhibited Kim's ability to conceive.

I think it's sweet. Hopefully, the babies will turn out just fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

LOL oops. How could I have missed that.

I hope they turn out fine too!

I was a premie myself but mom won't tell me when I suppose to be born. She was 17, pregnant and in the hospital with complications. Apparently they gave her drugs and so she 'claims' she didn't know she was having contractions. Only that she felt the urge to go to the toilet. (This is sooo embarrasing lol). Anyway. They would not let her go to the washroom but the moment they turned their back, she locked herself in the washroom. Well everybody panicked (thankfully!) and so a janitor was called over to take jimmy the hinges to remove the door. They just got the door down and her out of there and back on to the bed when what do you know, I arrived to this world. ~whew~ I still have my little hospital wrist band too that I wore. So tiny!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I was a premie too, eleven weeks... It can be an extremely tough road for the parents. But on the plus side, the kids get to grow up being called little miracles -- doubly so because of the grandmother being the one to birth them! What an interesting story they'll be brought up on... "Mommy, tell me about when we were little and how Nana helped us be born!"

new topics

top topics

join